Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

To deep cycle or not?

pongnut

Reaction score
Easy question for you guys. I just read a recent post from "Autel Enterprise Support":

"I would highly recommend to deep cycle every 15-20 flights or over long periods of batteries sittings. This will help with state of charge issues! Think of it as a recal of the internal charge logic."

A few of the posts on this forum define a deep cycle as discharging a fully charged battery down to 7%, let it cool, then charge back to 100%. Does that sum up the steps of a deep cycle?

We used to use this as a reverence for the X-Star battery. This was compiled by a few members, the old Autel support that no longer works there and a great person named Heath who has since passed away. The principles still apply for smart batteries. Smart batteries are really not so smart, you still need to take care of them.

Attachments

• Heaths_Battery_Advice.pdf
    462.1 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: John Hennessy
Easy question for you guys. I just read a recent post from "Autel Enterprise Support":

"I would highly recommend to deep cycle every 15-20 flights or over long periods of batteries sittings. This will help with state of charge issues! Think of it as a recal of the internal charge logic."

A few of the posts on this forum define a deep cycle as discharging a fully charged battery down to 7%, let it cool, then charge back to 100%. Does that sum up the steps of a deep cycle?
Being a DJI user as well as an Autel user: I can confirm that the manufacturers advice for DJI IFB's is to discharge down to 8% every 20 or so cycles. According to them: this improves cell balancing and assists the chip in the battery board to accurately monitor charge levels

Thanks folks. I'll go ahead and deep cycle the 2 batteries I have then, the next time I fly, just to be safe.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juan.t