Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Combining the EXIF data from the Themocoverter R_JPEG and the J-PEG output from the 640T

jmason702

Reaction score
I was looking into this with the EXIF TOOL, the Reason being to work with RAPTOR MAPs, the Thermocoverter App works great to get you 640T IRG file to a FLIR file, but some info in metadata is missing, due to it is in the Meta Data of the JPEG straight out of the drone. (yall, pitch, roll, GPS accuracy, etc..) Because this info is not in the IRG file, it's in the JEPG out of drone file

THIS IS FOR MAPPING ONLY! Thermocoverter is all you need to do ALL your work in FLIR Tools. and probably may work in mapping software like PIX and DD (just need someone to test it) But for RAPTOR MAPs I feel we may need to combine the METADATA using the EXIF Tool, is a Lil over my head, to be honest, but I do know it can be done and can be done in a fast-acting batch file.

Hope this makes sense, and this is just my thoughts on it, I sent in some test data to Raptor Maps, waiting for a response.

I was looking into this with the EXIF TOOL, the Reason being to work with RAPTOR MAPs, the Thermocoverter App works great to get you 640T IRG file to a FLIR file, but some info in metadata is missing, due to it is in the Meta Data of the JPEG straight out of the drone. (yall, pitch, roll, GPS accuracy, etc..) Because this info is not in the IRG file, it's in the JEPG out of drone file

THIS IS FOR MAPPING ONLY! Thermocoverter is all you need to do ALL your work in FLIR Tools. and probably may work in mapping software like PIX and DD (just need someone to test it) But for RAPTOR MAPs I feel we may need to combine the METADATA using the EXIF Tool, is a Lil over my head, to be honest, but I do know it can be done and can be done in a fast-acting batch file.

Hope this makes sense, and this is just my thoughts on it, I sent in some test data to Raptor Maps, waiting for a response.

I'm very interested in the Thermoconverter. I do several buildings thermo map a week for moisture testing on low slope roofing and would love to test the outputs from that app. Can you share your data set? Maybe share a before and after conversion with the Thermoconverter. I can process on Pix4d.

Hey there, do I get this correctly, these pictures are already converted with Thermoconverter?
If yes, then WebODM has an issue with these according to the log:
2022-08-22 19:34:05,186 DEBUG: Undistorting image IRX_0628_FLIR.jpg
[WARNING] Cannot perform radiometric calibration, no FNumber/Exposure Time or Radiometric Calibration EXIF tags found in IRX_0594_FLIR.jpg. Using Digital Number.
[WARNING] Cannot perform radiometric calibration, no FNumber/Exposure Time or Radiometric Calibration EXIF tags found in IRX_0593_FLIR.jpg. Using Digital Number.
Also the "plant health option" is not showing anything useful:
1661279612861.png

Pointcloud has some glitches but otherwise it's done:
1661279725785.png

Reactions: jmason702
yes already converted, and works great in FLIR Tools for reading temps and everything they offer
they were converted in thermoconverter then ran through FLIR Studio, let me post a set straight out of thermocoverter

I got the same thing in plant health, we need someone to try this on PIX 4D or DD enterprise, or software known to read thermal R-Jpegs

I ran them through FLIR Studio to set the correct humidity. (something thermoconverter is supposed to add to exporting)
But the file size is larger out of thermocoverter than it is out of FLIR Studio after thermocoverter...

Hey guys, I know I am coming into this convo pretty late!

But I figured I would ask. Did you say that you were able to throw the .irg files into thermo converter and have them converted to flir .jpeg? When I try to upload my .irg files from my 640T into thermo converter, it says unknown error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I did check out that drive you made jmason602 and those photos worked great in my flir studio app!

you have to have all three files in your folder, you need the irg and the jpeg and tiff, its like 3 layers to one photo so you have all the data

you have to have all three files in your folder, you need the irg and the jpeg and tiff, its like 3 layers to one photo so you have all the data
Do you just drag and drop them like this? I get this error on my .jpeg and .irg but the .tiff uploads just fine... I know I could be messaging thermo converter on this but the last time I was emailing them, ( last week ), they said they were not able to help me... So I appreciate your help!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 11
keep your tiff and jpeg in a separate folder and just drag your irg in, if you delete the tiff and jpeg for some reason off your PC it wont work. and what are your export settings?

I have each set of files in separate folders on my pc. .JPGs, .IRGs, and .TIFFs are in separate file folders.

When I try to drag in the .irg file into thermo converter it just gives me that same, unkown error. If I try to convert it, the thing crashes. haha

Here is a screen shot of error and my export settings.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-04 122149 error.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-08-04 122149 error.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2023-08-04 122215 export.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-08-04 122215 export.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 6
not sure bro
no worries. Just one last question, you were able to drag and drop the .irg, .tiff, and thermal .jpeg image into thermo converter and hit export, giving you that .rjpeg file format you have in the google drive?

yes, but only need the .irg, but need the others in a background folder.

no worries. Just one last question, you were able to drag and drop the .irg, .tiff, and thermal .jpeg image into thermo converter and hit export, giving you that .rjpeg file format you have in the google drive?
email thermo converter...

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials