Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Are these images files technically useful?

agrofactory

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

As you already know, the utility that Autel provides for viewing the 640T thermal images is terrible. So I've calculated the relationship between the TIFF images and the values that the IRPC tool can export (csv) in order to get a TIFF file with the temperature values stored in each pixel. Then I copy the exif data from the .jpg files to georeference the tiff. (Link to the final tiff)

My question is: am I being naive in thinking that something so simple can do the job? is the ortho image generated from these files technically valid? Where is all the radiometric metadata that the manuals out there tell us is important to take into account to get good results? Maybe there is simply no metadata regarding emissivity, atm. temp and so on? Because IR_PCTool always shows the same parameters...

Just an uneducated guess is this. The images do not have emissivity, humidity etc. because they were not set in the app when the image was taken? Can you set those parameters in the app? If you cannot set in the app, then that is what the tool is for so you can do it in post.

Just guesses on my part. I have a Dual with the non-radiometric Flir, so I can't help answer this.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials