Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Classification in Itali/Europa - 2024

stivone

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
we will have a big problem from January 2024. Drones will have to have a class marking of C1, C2, C3 etc.
With my newly purchased EVO 2 PRO I will no longer be able to fly in category A2! I will have to fly in a sub-category. What to do AUTEL to solve this problem? Will it be able to have a retroactive marking like on some DJI products? Thank you!
P.S.: I paid 2500 Euros for the drone plus additional batteries, para-propellers, ND filters, etc.
About 2000 Euros per CRO license, now A2.
I need to know if I have to throw the drone away or if somehow Autel will manage to keep the drone out of category.

Check the first question, because there will be no retroactivity neither at Autel, nor at Yuneec and at DJI, only the Mavic 3 Pro will be able to obtain a class (for the new models that will be released).
For the old Mavic 3 update can be done but I think after reour after-sales service and software update.

Check the first question, because there will be no retroactivity neither at Autel, nor at Yuneec and at DJI, only the Mavic 3 Pro will be able to obtain a class (for the new models that will be released).
For the old Mavic 3 update can be done but I think after reour after-sales service and software update.
OK, thank you, so we will have to wait for the release of EVO 3? There is a date...more or less? I can't think that I spent a lot of money on a drone that will be downgraded in a year. :(

The big problem anyone who buys an Autel drone will face is the mandatory airsense and geofencing that Autel are going to HAVE to build into their drones if they want to sell any of their new birds in Europe. The EASA and all Aviation Authorities in Europe have laid out the rulebook for drone use after Jan. 1st 2023 and it ain't pretty. If you don't have the latest E.U. dictated geozone database uploaded to the drone/controller: you will NOT be able to fly at all. You won't even be able to spin the motors up. All of them are also in the process of selling off the rights to the sub 120metre (400 feet) airspace to commercial operators. On top of that: any drone flights after "U-Space" is introduced will have to be real-time monitored and controlled by that regions accredited "USSP" (U-Space Service Provider) who will also be charging you to fly... on a flight-by-flight basis. This monitoring will be made easier by all drones having to broadcast a unique hardware identification signal that not only comes from the drone: it will also come from the controller as well. All drones currently in production will either have to be retro-fitted with EASA geofencing firmware and real-time identity broadcasting: or they will have to be lumped into the "A4-Obsolete" category - meaning that you will have the devils own job actually finding somewhere that you CAN fly. Private drone owners are being screwed and forced out of being able to use their drones. There is only one drone so far that has the EASA/EU "C1" rating: the DJI Mavic 3, but all the manufacturers are fully aware that the drones that they are selling people now: will be classed as obsolete legacy hardware, but they're still taking your money off you.

Last edited:
Buongiorno to Italy. I'm in the same boat here in Austria.
If Autel does not retroactively re-certify my Evo II RTK, then after 01.01.2024 I will only allowed to fly to 50m distance to people, not 5m like now.

I have accepted that I will buy a Mavic 3 Enterprise RTK end of this year. Real shame.

Hi,
does anyone has some news about label classification according to European rules ?
I‘ll have to replace my drones fleet this year but I heard nothing about Autel drones classification. And I can not thrust in Autel if they have no intention to be in compliance with the new European rules from 01 2024. Buy à DJI…….. if we have no choice.

Hi,
does anyone has some news about label classification according to European rules ?
I‘ll have to replace my drones fleet this year but I heard nothing about Autel drones classification. And I can not thrust in Autel if they have no intention to be in compliance with the new European rules from 01 2024. Buy à DJI…….. if we have no choice.
let me copy here Autel's answer to my inquiry :

"
This requirement will take effect in 2024.

Don't worry, we will provide it to users before it takes effect.
"

Reactions: uas_gian
As far as I understood, if you operate a drone without such classification as commercial “enterprise” in the European Union in the near future, there are still ways to get a permit. Similar to having a road vehicle and being allowed to park it on a sidewalk if you are for example a plumber and have an urgent water leak to fix. However this will cost you time and money to get arranged with your local government.

So the question then is how much you want to pay for an exemption permit vs getting a newer drone? And if you are a pilot or plumber for a hobby…. ah, sorry, no options.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials