Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

clarification on two low-light topics

BenTheCAflyer

Reaction score
When the Evo II Pro is set to Hyperlight photo mode, does that override manual shutter settings? Meaning, is it redundant to set (for example) a 1-second exposure and then also switch to Hyperlight?
Also, when taking a long exposure photo, does the Evo make special effort to stay locked in place (beyond normal stabilization) for the duration?
Thank you!

When the Evo II Pro is set to Hyperlight photo mode, does that override manual shutter settings? Meaning, is it redundant to set (for example) a 1-second exposure and then also switch to Hyperlight?
Also, when taking a long exposure photo, does the Evo make special effort to stay locked in place (beyond normal stabilization) for the duration?
Thank you!
From what I recall when I tried using Hyperlight, at least with the E2P (not sure I have tried it with E2 8K), did not have all of the settings control that would have had normally. Also last time I tried Hyperlight, from what I recall it only shot JPG however could be mistaken and/or it was fixed. What I found was that Hyperlight was good for quick and easy low light shooting. However also found that using other modes and manually adjusting settings gives more options and outstanding imagery. For longer exposure, try using the dual stability mode. See attached non-hyperlight E2P image.

Attachments

• StillwaterFireworksEva_120421_0036aw.png
    StillwaterFireworksEva_120421_0036aw.png
    6 MB · Views: 8
Reactions: MikeReidPhotography
From what I recall when I tried using Hyperlight, at least with the E2P (not sure I have tried it with E2 8K), did not have all of the settings control that would have had normally. Also last time I tried Hyperlight, from what I recall it only shot JPG however could be mistaken and/or it was fixed. What I found was that Hyperlight was good for quick and easy low light shooting. However also found that using other modes and manually adjusting settings gives more options and outstanding imagery. For longer exposure, try using the dual stability mode. See attached non-hyperlight E2P image.
Thank you! I took it out tonight for some night shooting and kept it in Hyperlight. I gotta say I wasn't very impressed. I think you're right, it's good for some no-brainer quick night shots (though more likely video) but it looks like a lot of that might be in the software - my images look pretty post-processed and all the lights in the shot are glowing orbs.
And no RAW! That's kind of a deal breaker for me, I'd much rather have the ability to manipulate after than trust Autel's software (if that's all it is). And the resolution is locked at 16x9 4k. For the shooting I did at sunset it looks like it overachieved and favored exposing the darks.
Your shot is light years sharper than what I was getting -- I'll switch back to long exposure tests.
Very useful tip about Dual Stability, I hadn't thought to use that. Thank you!

Attachments

• 2022_06_Customs_Cruise_Riverside-101.jpg
    2022_06_Customs_Cruise_Riverside-101.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: gschulzuio
Thank you! I took it out tonight for some night shooting and kept it in Hyperlight. I gotta say I wasn't very impressed. I think you're right, it's good for some no-brainer quick night shots (though more likely video) but it looks like a lot of that might be in the software - my images look pretty post-processed and all the lights in the shot are glowing orbs.
And no RAW! That's kind of a deal breaker for me, I'd much rather have the ability to manipulate after than trust Autel's software (if that's all it is). And the resolution is locked at 16x9 4k. For the shooting I did at sunset it looks like it overachieved and favored exposing the darks.
Your shot is light years sharper than what I was getting -- I'll switch back to long exposure tests.
Very useful tip about Dual Stability, I hadn't thought to use that. Thank you!
No worries, yup, HL is ok for quick basic shots, if I tried it with video I was not impressed as dont use it. Instead for video, I shoot 4K 30 hdr log (sometimes none or no log), low iso and other manual settings. Good luck.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58