Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Can't get started . . .

mkaisertx

Reaction score
My EVO arrived yesterday. Charged batteries and controller. Now I can't get "off the ground." Even worse, I can't even get the motors started. When I try, all four spin for maybe two seconds, pulsing twice. Then they stop.

Lights are flashing green, slowly and the controller says let's go--but I can't the the motors to light.

Would someone gently tell me what stupid thing I'm missing here? Support isn't open on weekends . . .

Thanks in advance.

Good idea. I tried the update via the app. The app didn't do anything. I interpret that to mean it thinks the firmware is current. Just to be sure, I tried the manual update. Downloaded the current release to the SD, put it in the EVO, and powered up. The controller also didn't do anything--as if the firmware on the card isn't newer than what's on the drone.

Interestingly, I'm attaching a screen grab of the firmware version portion of the the app settings. Maybe this is normal, but it doesn't show any version numbers. Doesn't look right to me. But what do I know.

Attachments

• Firmware Versions as delivered.png
    Firmware Versions as delivered.png
    269.5 KB · Views: 21
Good idea. I tried the update via the app. The app didn't do anything. I interpret that to mean it thinks the firmware is current. Just to be sure, I tried the manual update. Downloaded the current release to the SD, put it in the EVO, and powered up. The controller also didn't do anything--as if the firmware on the card isn't newer than what's on the drone.

Interestingly, I'm attaching a screen grab of the firmware version portion of the the app settings. Maybe this is normal, but it doesn't show any version numbers. Doesn't look right to me. But what do I know.
It looks like you have a firmware failure. If you cannot get the drone to accept the firmware through SD card, then I suggest to exchange your drone if it's within the return period or contact Autel to get your drone replaced.

You need to turn the controller on first.
Here is the exact way to do it. Maybe you didn't do it in the right steps or you put the file in a folder on the card instead of the root directory?

Reactions: Ansia
Here is the exact way to do it. Maybe you didn't do it in the right steps or you put the file in a folder on the card instead of the root directory?
Although you may be right, but having a firmware at 0.0.0.0 it usually means a failed firmware. Hopefully I am wrong.

Reactions: Tufargon
Although you may be right, but having a firmware at 0.0.0.0 it usually means a failed firmware. Hopefully I am wrong.
You may also be right but I thought it might be worth a try before sending it in or exchanging it. :)

It looks like you have a firmware failure. If you cannot get the drone to accept the firmware through SD card, then I suggest to exchange your drone if it's within the return period or contact Autel to get your drone replaced.

My guess, as well. I'll see what they have to say when I call on Monday. Thanks.

I did follow the directions--both for the automatic and manual updates--including the sequence of powering up and putting the update in the root of the SD. Don't you think it odd that the firmware versions are 0.0.0.0?

I did follow the directions--both for the automatic and manual updates--including the sequence of powering up and putting the update in the root of the SD. Don't you think it odd that the firmware versions are 0.0.0.0?
Absolutely. If you followed it to a tee it's definately time to get it back to Autel or return it for an exchange.

I’m hoping the OP did not get a returned evo that someone screwed up.

I wondered about that. Is it normal to receive the drone with the micro SD card already installed? And do they not include the full size SD sleeve? FYI, my EVO came from Amazon, in the Rugged Bundle. If it needs to be returned and exchanged, that will be no problem.

I wondered about that. Is it normal to receive the drone with the micro SD card already installed? And do they not include the full size SD sleeve? FYI, my EVO came from Amazon, in the Rugged Bundle. If it needs to be returned and exchanged, that will be no problem.
Yes. That is how all drones come, with the Micro SD installed and no sleve.

As for the firmware at 0.0.0.0, it means that there is no current firmware installed or the one that is, is incomplete. If it was a day 1 Evo, it would be in version 1.0.0.0. If you email Autel, they will respond 24/7. Only the phone and chat are M-F 8-4 PDT.

Yes. That is how all drones come, with the Micro SD installed and no sleve.

As for the firmware at 0.0.0.0, it means that there is no current firmware installed or the one that is, is incomplete. If it was a day 1 Evo, it would be in version 1.0.0.0. If you email Autel, they will respond 24/7. Only the phone and chat are M-F 8-4 PDT.
Ansia, thanks very much for this information. Perfect.

Mike

I would try another SD Card before I sent anything back, also make sure that nothing is connected to the RC when powered on and then insert the SD card to the drone, then power drone on, I take it that the SD card had nothing else on it when you installed the FW on it.

Doesn't matter if anything else is on the sd card as long as the file is in the root directory. He tried manually to update it and also automatically and it didn't work. It's a bust.. He needs to return or exchange the drone it looks like.

Reactions: Highlander1UK
Doesn't matter if anything else is on the sd card as long as the file is in the root directory. He tried manually to update it and also automatically and it didn't work. It's a bust.. He needs to return or exchange the drone it looks like.
O well I did try lol

Any input is good. It may have been something overlooked!!
:)

Last edited:
Thanks for everyone's suggestions. Autel Support got me going. They explained that seeing 0.0.0.0 firmware version numbers on a new drone isn't necessarily indicative of a problem. It can just take awhile before the version numbers populate to the app.

As for my problem of not having the motors start, it turns out I wasn't letting go of the sticks soon enough when starting. That surprised me, because I've owned several DGI products and never had a problem starting. But when I let the sticks go immediately after the rotors moved, the motors kept spinning.

I'm flyin' now . . .

Mike

Reactions: mixchief

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo