Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Features on V3

surenmunoo

Reaction score
I asked on the Autel Facebook page about the missing features from the V3 that the V2 has and was told by Ken Booth of Autel that it will not be coming to the V3 at all. So it seems that Autel created a Version 3 of the Evo 2, charged us more for the drone and gave us a dumbed down version of it with so many features missing. I can't believe that a supposed upgrade is actually a downgrade. Just want to scream and scream. I paid $4800.00NZD for this drone, same as my Mavic 3 and it does not even have half of what the Mavic 3 has. I am currently conflicted as to whether or not to return this drone. It has a great camera, good waypoints and the range is better than the Mavic 3 but I like all those nice extra tracking features and shooting modes which is one of the main reason why I bought the drone, was trying to get a V2 when this dropped so I said this might be better as its newer and maybe because more expensive will have better features but I was completely wrong.

IMG_0637.PNG

Last edited:
Looks like they are on their way to be an Industry/Enterprise-focused drone company...

I have heard the feature list is different if someone used the Smart Controller app version compared to the Smart Controller SE app version... not sure if this is true.

Reactions: surenmunoo
@surenmunoo

Would you be able to go to this youtube video and tell the guy what flight modes are missing? He has a V3 with the big smart controller and can try to see if they are in the Explorer app for the big one. I already asked but dont know exactly which features you need.

@surenmunoo

Would you be able to go to this youtube video and tell the guy what flight modes are missing? He has a V3 with the big smart controller and can try to see if they are in the Explorer app for the big one. I already asked but dont know exactly which features you need.

I asked him on his video, thanks for that link. Below is what another V3 owner said shows up on his controller, not sure why ours don't.
img_1654-jpeg.15589

I asked him on his video, thanks for that link. Below is what another V3 owner said shows up on his controller, not sure why ours don't.
img_1654-jpeg.15589
I have the SE control unit and under "intelligent Photo" I don't have all the same icons as you are showing. I only have Manual Flight, Panorama, Hyperlapse, Orbit Hyperlapse Dynamic Track Smart Orbit and Orbit. I do not have Viewpoint, Parallel Track, Dual Stability, Precision Flight, Tripod Track or Gesture Control. Not sure why. Do you know the answer? BTW I have the smaller SE unit and not the larger one. Does that make a difference?

I have the SE control unit and under "intelligent Photo" I don't have all the same icons as you are showing. I only have Manual Flight, Panorama, Hyperlapse, Orbit Hyperlapse Dynamic Track Smart Orbit and Orbit. I do not have Viewpoint, Parallel Track, Dual Stability, Precision Flight, Tripod Track or Gesture Control. Not sure why. Do you know the answer? BTW I have the smaller SE unit and not the larger one. Does that make a difference?
That's not my RC, this picture is from another post on this forum, I also have the SE RC and lack these features.

This is frustrating as HELL. I just bought the V3, after watching so many videos featuring the variety of flight modes, and I feel absolutely DUPED. Autel, WHAT THE HELL? All of the videos I see of the Evo II Pro show these features, and yet I open the box to find something different? Is this false advertising?

Don't feel too bad, wait till you find out that it really doesn't have remote ID, and your drone will be grounded oct of 24..

I made the mistake of buying the Evo2 pro v3 also. I bought the rugged package which had the SE Controller... The display was useless on a golf course in full sun, even after standing in the shade of a tree.... SO.. i got even stupider... I bought the bigger 6.9" 2000 NIT controller separately.. then I couldn't get it to pair with the drone. Went back-and-forth with support for a month.. couldn't make it happen.. I had to ship it (the old controller, new controller, and the drone) to a service center (shipping cost on me - total $157)... 4 months after buying the drone I was able to fly with the bigger better controller...

A little backstory - I work for a marketing agency and fly their drone too... It is the original series EVO2 Pro 6k with the 6.9" controller... Lots of features missing from the v3 version that the V1 has.. Point of Interest for example has no real control.. on V1 you can reverse course, select your speed, see a number corresponding to your distance from the target, your time around the target, reverse direction... NONE of that is available with V3.. you simply get clockwise around the target and nothing else.. can't even control your speed and cant even tell how fast you are going... I hate DJI due to being screwed over by their customer service a couple of years ago, but I may have to go back.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy