Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Can't fly faster than 3 MPH?

Woobisah

Reaction score
Just moved to the Autel platform and my EVO 2 Pro is not going faster than 3 MPH. It goes up and down fast, but going forward I couldn't get over 3 MPH. Not in beginner mode and it doesn't look like any of the sensors are blocked. I probably should have tried turning the sensors off, but figure I would check here first. Cloudy day so sun wasn't a problem either.

fwd AND bwd? try doing a stick calibration. verify the problem withOUT any phones or tabs connected

To tell you the truth I didn't even try backwards as I was so perplexed about going forward. Just did the Stick Calibration and will give it a shot tomorrow.

To tell you the truth I didn't even try backwards as I was so perplexed about going forward. Just did the Stick Calibration and will give it a shot tomorrow.

Some thoughts that came to my mind. To me it sounds like an OA or a stick calibration issue:

• Have you tried turning off Obstacle Avoidance? Even if a sensor does not look blocked possibly it is still telling the EVO that there is an obstacle.
  • Have you done an IMU and compass calibration?
  • Did you make sure that you did not take off from concrete?
  • Is it running the latest firmware?
  • Has it ever worked properly in the past?
  • Have you tried Ludicrous mode?

Looks like the Stick Calibration did the trick. No problems now.
Good to know. I got mine today and calibrated everything but the sticks. There are a ton of settings hiding in the app that start the pilot in mega-novice mode with cllision avoidance that's very different than DJI; not a bad thing - just something to get familiar with.

Thanks for sharing your experience and solution.

Good to know. I got mine today and calibrated everything but the sticks. There are a ton of settings hiding in the app that start the pilot in mega-novice mode with cllision avoidance that's very different than DJI; not a bad thing - just something to get familiar with.

Thanks for sharing your experience and solution.
It is pretty easy to do as well. Only need the controller and nothing else. Just hold down the Launch and Power buttons at the same time when turning on the remote and it goes into the calibration.

Reactions: mshmovie
Chances are it was in novice mode which limits the speed.

We were running an operation with 2 EVO II’s and one pilot had the same issue with a brand new EVO II Pro. It turned out he was in novice mode as that’s the default out of the box.
There's a lot to adjust in the app. I found turning to lag the stick commands and adjusted the Expo for Right & Left to 0.5 (a 45 degree proportional ramp so there's no lag around stick center) and found it a lot more responsive.

I also adjusted the app to put the drone in Ludicrous 45mph with obstacle avoidance off.

With all this done, it's as responsive as any of my DJI drones.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacqueslambert