Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New update has borked things up

So it would never finish updating past 99%. I rebooted the aircraft and SC and check the settings. All firmwares matched the above ones you posted. But the update itself never finished on its own. I'm assuming it still took as the SC no longer shows it needing to update. If all is well that was the worst upgrading experience for any drone I have had and they need to fine tune their process. If over the air updates are jacked up...then take that ability out altogether.

I tested all the settings earlier I was having issues with on the drone such as calibrating the camera, flight speed, etc and all appear to work properly now. I'll test more tomorrow during daylight hours.

This is my first time using another brand outside DJI and it has been nothing but an unreliable piece of junk. 3500 invested into it and this thing just sucks! I've had 8 other drones and none has been this big of a headache. From wonky fly controls, shifting white balance issues, transmission issues and overly sensitive obstacle avoidance to even false positives.
Welcome to the wonderful world of Autel. It’s what they like to call “the Autel experience”. 😂 I had the same “experience” as you and then some.

So it would never finish updating past 99%. I rebooted the aircraft and SC and check the settings. All firmwares matched the above ones you posted. But the update itself never finished on its own. I'm assuming it still took as the SC no longer shows it needing to update. If all is well that was the worst upgrading experience for any drone I have had and they need to fine tune their process. If over the air updates are jacked up...then take that ability out altogether.

I tested all the settings earlier I was having issues with on the drone such as calibrating the camera, flight speed, etc and all appear to work properly now. I'll test more tomorrow during daylight hours.
You are updated. Read the release notes for the update. Over the Air Update issues is one of the items that this update is supposed to have fixed....we'll see. I generally prefer the SD card method as it at least removes a couple of elements that can go wrong with updates.

Reactions: Shain Rufus

Glad to see it sounds like it is resolved. All of you are braver than me, I have NEVER updated any drone's firmware after the return windows has passed ever since DJI implemented geofencing in an update that I could not undo later. I just live with the bugs I have since none of them keep the camera from working or the drone from taking off.

Reactions: Shain Rufus

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58