Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New update has borked things up

Shain Rufus

Reaction score
I went to do a shoot today and after turning on the controller on site and the drone, I noticed an update. Like an idiot I updated. I normally don't ever do this on site and just wait till at home. Anyway, it said it was for the smart controller. So I updated it. When it finished it said it wanted to connect to the V2 through the autel app. Ok. After a minute it said it couldn't update because not connected to the drone. Sure enough it wasn't. I rebooted both and figured...it can wait till later.

However, once I did my preflight check, I changed speed setting to 11 and put the transmission to auto and went to try to calibrate the gimbal. Wouldn't do it. It was like the button wasn't reading my input. Went to adjust my camera settings and those wouldn't take either. I noticed the bird was still fast so looked back at the speed and it was on 22. I selected 11 again and left the menu...checked again and it was on 22.

So landed the drone and rebooted both devices to just finish the update. Every time I do the update for the smart controller it asks to connect to the drone. It won't send the update to it. It just disconnects. So I figured...maybe this one needs to be tethered via USB. No luck. It won't finish the update.

Now what?

Update version...still connected (green lights)

Attachments

• 20220107_125710.jpg
    20220107_125710.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 10
When it gets to this point...drone lights go to yellow and it disconnects. I will not reconnect no matter what I do unless I reboot both devices

Attachments

• 20220107_125724.jpg
    20220107_125724.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 5
Final screen...makes so difference if I choose an option or not...it always gives me the failed to send screen

Attachments

• 20220107_125817.jpg
    20220107_125817.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
Just decided to go ahead and get a few shots in. We'll I can't. Won't take pictures either. And then tells me it's not connected...which is odd because I can still control it and see what the camera sees...

This is my first time using another brand outside DJI and it has been nothing but an unreliable piece of junk. 3500 invested into it and this thing just sucks! I've had 8 other drones and none has been this big of a headache. From wonky fly controls, shifting white balance issues, transmission issues and overly sensitive obstacle avoidance to even false positives.

Attachments

• 20220107_130434.jpg
    20220107_130434.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 8
You mentioned using the SD card update path. But did you actually try it?
Never mentioned using the SD card path. Just followed the directions on the controller for the "smart controller update". I'm still on site so I will have to try later.

Never mentioned using the SD card path. Just followed the directions on the controller for the "smart controller update". I'm still on site so I will have to try later.
Okay, my mistake. You are V2 chipset, yes? Others have had the same issue. Updating using the SD card approach is the fix.

Make sure and download the correct package for the SC V2 Official Firmware-Autel Robotics Official Website
Unzip, and place all 4 files on the root of the sd card. open the app on the SC but let it just sit on the splash screen and don't touch it. Start up the craft and in a few seconds you should see an update progress notification on the screen. Just let it all sit till it's done.

Exactly as Dave said. Annoying, yes, but the Sdcard method will resolve it. I had similar issues as did MANY end users. You need to update it via Sdcard. Download the FW - be sure to get V2/Smart Controller Version. Make sure the SC is on splash screen and boot the drone with Sdcard inserted with update. It will complete with the SC showing status. Fortunately the batteries get no update on this one, so only one run through required.

Exactly as Dave said. Annoying, yes, but the sdcard method will resolve it. I had similar issues as did MANY end users. You need to di it via SD. Download the FW - be sure to get V2/Smart Controller Version. Make sure the SC is on splash screen and boot the drone with SDcard inserted with update. It will complete with the SC showing status. Fortunately the batteries get no update on this one, so only one run through required.
Sorry my directions were unclear to you, lol! :)

Exactly as Dave said. Annoying, yes, but the Sdcard method will resolve it. I had similar issues as did MANY end users. You need to update it via Sdcard. Download the FW - be sure to get V2/Smart Controller Version. Make sure the SC is on splash screen and boot the drone with Sdcard inserted with update. It will complete with the SC showing status. Fortunately the batteries get no update on this one, so only one run through required.

Sorry my directions were unclear to you, lol! :)
Actually I completely missed it in my anxiousness to help. Then I hit post and see I sound like there's an echo in here. Jeez. Oh well, better TMI then not enough

doing the SD card method. How long did it take you all? I'm sitting here on 90% for about 10 minutes now...

*UPDATE. 10 more minutes and still no change...

**UPDATE. After 25 minutes I restarted the process. Reformatted card first. Guess we will see if this works the 2nd time.

***UPDATE. Same thing. Gets to 90% and still the same. 10 minutes in and not doing anything more...

****UPDATE. 52 Minutes...same thing... Perfect

Last edited:
Here is the upgrade Log. Was stuck at 90% again. I'm out of ideas...

Attachments

• upgrade_save_log.txt
    432.6 KB · Views: 4
Apparently for giggles I called their customer service...no one there till the 10th...lmao.

What does that mean? Your #s don't match the table? What are your #s?
Sorry, when i posted that to the forums didn't show that you had commented for some reason. So I was posting that I still had no luck in getting it to go past 90%. However, I booted back up the drone and the SC and it started updating on its own before I could load up the settings to report back to you on what versions I see. Now its actually giving me a time frame on the upgrading. So I'm going to watch it and see how it goes.

*UPDATE. SO its been on 99% now for about 10 minutes :(

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials