Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Canadian TC Compliant Autel Drones

AutelToronto

Reaction score
Website
www.denttransformer.com
With the new TC, Transport Canada rules/regulations coming out for 2018 Autel could and would take over the Canadian compliant drone market. Recreational and Drone flying business owners. I was reading another members post on the Official FB page and he does make sense. When the new rules come into place us Canadian Autel owners will not be flying the X-Star any longer in rural areas. Well according to the rules it pretty much covers all areas where you'll find people or homes. Or face a $3000.00 dollar fine

So if Autel came out with a compliant drone in the weight class of 250 g to 1 Kg then you'd have the business from Recreational and Commercial Drone Pilots.The Mavic and GDU 02 both are under the 1Kg - 2Lb class.

So First, it has to be orange. Next, try to keep the idea of a modular gimbal/camera. Then, try to design it so that it uses the same battery as the XSP. You can then sell it in two formats. A basic that has just the drone and controller. (so that owners of the XSP could use their own batteries and charger). Or sell a higher priced version with drone, controller, charger, and whatever other accessories are needed.

CompliantDrones.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: joshp1664
Where I live I can walk, bike or jump in my truck the 1 Km I would need to be legal. The only law enforcement that can fine you are the RCMP and we don't have any of them patrolling anywhere around here. Local law enforcement can only tell you that you need to fly someplace else. Things might change come 2018 but thats the way it is for now.

I have a big problem with the name and contact information displayed. To me this is a privacy thing. A register number would be fine with me. I also have a big problem with the requirement to have liability insurance. There is not one company that will sell you that kind of insurance for recreational flying. You must be a commercial operator to get that kind of insurance.
Even Transport Canada has no idea how this will be handled.

It's not very comforting anyway you look at things. What's worse is the advertising TC has been doing on social media informing the public to call 911 if they see a drone. LOL
Thankful I have a good friend on the Toronto police services board and asked him if police are going to get involved in this TC issue and actually police drones. His reply was simple, NO. They have there hands full with actual policing issues. But if someones life is in danger they have to respond.

My usual flying spot has been plagued by monkeys with drones, looking in windows and in backyards of homes, even looking in the windows of the area marina restaurant, so this brought the police in and they took action on the drone users.
So I have been following the rules in the city, no drone zones, no flying near built up areas or people. And carrying printed copies of the latest restrictions if the police ever do arrive and visit me. I'm sure they are not up to date on the TC regulations.
Fingers crossed for 2018 season

The pertinent questions are which operations should require a compliant drone and what standards and steps are required by manufacturers to make their drone compliant. TC has not made this available according to Brendan Schulman Vice President of Policy & Legal Affairs at DJI. I think you will see some changes in the 1Kg-25Kg class. You might even see that class split into two separate classes.

Well in the latest meeting held here in Toronto with an open invite for those concerned with the new TC restrictions they, the drone owners, recreational users, business owners etc. all made it very clear that the new rules have put company's out of business, loss of jobs, drone stores closed, others fighting to stay open. It caused some concern with TC.
But the way I see it TC has made there bed now they have to sleep in it. Will they back down and change things ?
Although they did change the airport and heli pad distances in June.
Will drone manufacturers change to help with compliant drones in Canada ? Prob not, there market is not Canada.

If you remember when Marc Garneau made that announcement on the new Regs he was surrounded by all the big players in the drone industry, the ones that are now compliant drones to use. He was also surrounded by all the big airlines. They had the money to lobby for these new Regs. So basically he got bought off. It solved his problem on how to handle all the SFOC's that are backlogged.
DJI has a big market in Canada and is very active to get these Regs changed to something more workable. I do like the idea of making it easier to do commercial work but not the weight class and compliant drones.

Yes I remember and my first thoughts he was on a bar stool all night drinking and writing. I didn't know DJI was active to help and they may have had a big market in Canada but with drone stores closing, the market will be lower also. One shop here was paying 20,000 a month for a Yonge street location and sales stopped after the new rules. So did the store. Long gone.
But commercial work is hurting as most cannot meet all the requirements of the exemptions. Under the current rules most projects will not require a compliant UAV. Under the new proposed rules, the way they are written "compliant" equipment will become a bigger concern.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Evo1jg