Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Evo Max 4T Spotlight Speaker Combo

wdbeachy

Reaction score
I recently in February purchased the Spotlight Speaker Combo for my Evo Max. I did not realize at the time of purchase, that I was buying from Autel Pilot and not Autel Robotics. The item was advertised and demonstrated on an Autel Evo Max4t Drone. I finally received the item this past week. When I install it on the drone, the PSDK button on the controller does not light up as if its not recognizing the Payload. My firmware is all up to date and I obtained an Activation code from JZ. I do not see anywhere within the app to put the activation code as described on JZs website. I cannot get it to work. Am I missing something or did Autel Pilot just sell me something that is not compatible with an Autel Drone ??. I hear Autel is coming out with their own spotlight speaker combo and my fear is they have updated their firmware to not allow other products to connect. Can anyone shed any light on this issue??

Thanks

Hi wdbeachy,

I´ve the same problem with the combo I received last week.

I got an answer from the Autel Support:

"Hello,
Thank you for your cooperation,

The matter you brought to our attention has been forwarded to the technical department, and they are currently reviewing it.
We will furnish you with a comprehensive solution once we receive an updated response. We appreciate your time and patience. Thank you."

So..lets wait

Hi wdbeachy,

I´ve the same problem with the combo I received last week.

I got an answer from the Autel Support:

"Hello,
Thank you for your cooperation,

The matter you brought to our attention has been forwarded to the technical department, and they are currently reviewing it.
We will furnish you with a comprehensive solution once we receive an updated response. We appreciate your time and patience. Thank you."

So..lets wait
Autelpilot just sent me this tonight... "
Dear Beachy,

Thanks for reaching out.

According to the reply from Autel technical staff, regarding the compatibility issue with the EVO Max Shoutout camera drone, please note that it is only compatible with V1.8 firmware. Installation on an aircraft with V1.7 firmware will render it completely inoperable. For end-user applications, we ask for your patience as we prepare for the upcoming official release of version 1.8.
Thank you for your understanding and patience."

I hope its not a stall tactic to avoid the return. I have been communicating with Autel Customer service and Autelpilot and they both have told me the same thing. They seem to be very cooperative at this point. I don't quit understand why they would releasing items they don't have firmware for.

Autel does it ALL THE TIME.... Let's start with the Max 4 itself. It is almost 1 year now and it still doesn't do all the stuff promised at the original release. Sadly, I love how it performs in flight but that is about it. Their own "AutelIRTool" doesn't work correctly and the IR is the MAIN selling point for the drone! I have read that other software for IR does not work with it either. I have been holding out for almost a year waiting on improvements but if I'm offered anything over 7k US, I will sell it, with batteries, case, multi-battery charger, and everything else that I own that is "Max 4". I love the way it flies, I can't make money waiting on Autel to catch up on what they promised at the sale of their products.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ezone23
Autel does it ALL THE TIME.... Let's start with the Max 4 itself. It is almost 1 year now and it still doesn't do all the stuff promised at the original release. Sadly, I love how it performs in flight but that is about it. Their own "AutelIRTool" doesn't work correctly and the IR is the MAIN selling point for the drone! I have read that other software for IR does not work with it either. I have been holding out for almost a year waiting on improvements but if I'm offered anything over 7k US, I will sell it, with batteries, case, multi-battery charger, and everything else that I own that is "Max 4". I love the way it flies, I can't make money waiting on Autel to catch up on what they promised at the sale of their products.
I agree! I have a Brand New never even powered-up unit with 5 batteries and props with an extra RC. I'd consider any fair offer. Let me know if you're looking for a Bargain. get Mr Turners 1st Then Mine

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JP51