Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Can someone post the complete spec's on the Nano +

Theborg

Reaction score
I'm interested to see how the spec's hold up against my Mini 2 - since I usually take 4k 60fps video with my Evo 2 Pro I would like to know how the Nano + would fare.

First glance of the camera spec'c looks like the Nano + would be superior

They are advertising a 50mp camera, but the spec sheet only shows a 12.5 MP camera, can anyone explain to me?

Reactions: PingSpike
They are advertising a 50mp camera, but the spec sheet only shows a 12.5 MP camera, can anyone explain to me?
I would assume it's a quad bayer sensor, dividing one pixel into 4 and therefore quadrupling the amount of "pixels".

Reactions: advexure
Same question. On B&H Photo website, I do not see 50mp neither.
As indicated above..... its a 50mp Quad Bayer sensor which normally combines four tiny pixels into one larger pixel. Operating this way it will be a 12.5mp camera. There is often a setting that allows for 50mp pictures from these sensors but it rarely makes much difference in quality.

Reactions: wjc777
As indicated above..... its a 50mp Quad Bayer sensor which normally combines four tiny pixels into one larger pixel. Operating this way it will be a 12.5mp camera. There is often a setting that allows for 50mp pictures from these sensors but it rarely makes much difference in quality.
Is Autel Lite a 50mp camera? Or just like Nano+ using Quad Bayer?

BTW, in addition to flight time, what are the main differences between Nano+ and lite?

Is Autel Lite a 50mp camera? Or just like Nano+ using Quad Bayer?

BTW, in addition to flight time, what are the main differences between Nano+ and lite?
Its another Quad Bayer. The obvious difference is that the Nano+ is under 250 grams so it can be used in many places without registration and fewer restrictions, The Lite is 820 grams and will handle wind better, plus it has a 4 axis gimbal that can position the camera in a true portrait mode. The Lite also has wide angle front avoidance sensors that protect the drone better.

Reactions: wjc777
Its another Quad Bayer. The obvious difference is that the Nano+ is under 250 grams so it can be used in many places without registration and fewer restrictions, The Lite is 820 grams and will handle wind better, plus it has a 4 axis gimbal that can position the camera in a true portrait mode. The Lite also has wide angle front avoidance sensors that protect the drone better.
Thank you. So the lite is almost as big as DJI Mavic Air 2 and 2s.

Does it come with any colour profiles along the lines of D-Cinelike that DJI has produced for some of their products and which might be added as a no-cost refresh of existing Mini 2's ?

First substantive post. Why not jump into the deep end? :)

Chad B. and QC Guy on YouTube have reported a below speed spec issue for their Nano+ units. Chad B. shows the aircraft flying below spec and scratches his head. QC Guy shows below spec speed in one video and then reports that the problem has either gone away or seems to be going away after some tinkering with his phone / app setup.

I'll be very interested to learn the status on this possible bug, and emerging consensus of the early adopters as regards what speed spec we can expect. Any advice or guidance would be most appreciated!

Reactions: Theborg
First substantive post. Why not jump into the deep end? :)

Chad B. and QC Guy on YouTube have reported a below speed spec issue for their Nano+ units. Chad B. shows the aircraft flying below spec and scratches his head. QC Guy shows below spec speed in one video and then reports that the problem has either gone away or seems to be going away after some tinkering with his phone / app setup.

I'll be very interested to learn the status on this possible bug, and emerging consensus of the early adopters as regards what speed spec we can expect. Any advice or guidance would be most appreciated!
QC Guy posted a follow up video where he said that he uninstalled the sky app then re-installed it - and just like that - the issue was fixed.

Reactions: ztectic
QC Guy posted a follow up video where he said that he uninstalled the sky app then re-installed it - and just like that - the issue was fixed.
Yes, that is the follow up video I referenced. He says in his written comments that "[th]ings have improved and if they continue to improve without anymore [sic] slow speed hiccups I am going to say the app was the issue like I originally indicated". It seems to be a provisional indication. Certainly a good sign. I'll be hoping to see multiple confirmations from reliable sources that speed performance does indeed tend to be nominal in these devices.

Last edited:
The spec sheet referenced above in this thread (PDF for download) does not mention obstacle avoidance, active tracking, or the specialty shots. Early user videos show obstacle avoidance and specialty shots to be operational, but no mention or demonstration of active tracking. Google has not been my friend, so far, in achieving clarity on this point. I did do an experimental install of the Autel Sky app, which lets you kick the tires somewhat. It says in the app (as of 08JAN2022) that Active Tracking will come in a future firmware. Also, the app has internal links to all the manuals for devices that run on the app (including the 70+ page full Nano/Nano+ manuals.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials