Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Camera Comparison Mavic 3 vs Autel Lite+

Objects near the edges will allways be distorted to some degree in wide angle lenses, that's a common thing when you represent a three-dimensional space (reality) on a flat bidimensional plane (sensor/film). Optical design on proper DSLR lenses can prevent it, but on drone lenses size and weight is all that matters. They tend to mount cheap lenses and do all the corrections with an embedded lens profile on the DNG.

On foldable drones, that's as good as it can get. Mavic 3 lens image circle doesn't even cover the entire sensor, and Air2S is way softer, specially on the edges.
Well; so I guess the lite's edges are bigger than those of my LG mobile phone ;-)

Which aperture? Guess something like f=5,6 or 8, due to the bright light conditions?
The aperture could have been unkown as it was shot in video mode, but luckily I snapped a few photos during video recording and the exif shows f2.8, 1/1412 s, ISO-100, gimbal was -4 degree when I snapped it. photo as attached.

Attachments

• MAX_0024.JPG
    MAX_0024.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Reactions: Rubik3x
What intrigues me is, if the Lite+ has such a good camera, what is the possibility of the Evo3 of having a way better camera than the M3. The Lite+ is a $1600 dollars drone compared to an almost 3k drone from Mavic and the camera is very good in quality. What can Autel do for a drone that might be $1200 to $1800 more than the Lite+? The M3 Cine is a 5K drone, is Autel going that high in price? or is going to blow away the Cine undercutting the price by a big chunk? I just hope that Autel iron out all the things that have to be fixed with the Lite+ before the E3 comes out.

Reactions: Bussty
What intrigues me is, if the Lite+ has such a good camera, what is the possibility of the Evo3 of having a way better camera than the M3. The Lite+ is a $1600 dollars drone compared to an almost 3k drone from Mavic and the camera is very good in quality. What can Autel do for a drone that might be $1200 to $1800 more than the Lite+? The M3 Cine is a 5K drone, is Autel going that high in price? or is going to blow away the Cine undercutting the price by a big chunk? I just hope that Autel iron out all the things that have to be fixed with the Lite+ before the E3 comes out.
This is a very good point!

Anyone here shoots PANO ?

I've tried all the PANO modes, yes I can find every single frame in the PANO directory ( mostly underexposed though) but where are the stitched photos?

Do they ever stitch it or should I stitch in post on my own ?
The stitched file can be seen if you look at your images from the controller but it isn't on the SD card. Why who knows?

Reactions: gophcc
The stitched file can be seen if you look at your images from the controller but it isn't on the SD card. Why who knows?
Obviously the SKY app do the stitch job then leave them in the Album, these 3800x2100 pictures are blurry.

I believe the real PANO pictures are still missing.

Reactions: 30plusretlaw
You really need to compare base package vs base package.

You really need to compare base package vs base package.
Agree, the lite+ is an entry-level drone like the air2s which is the comparison that is more even since both are entry-level drones. Is fair to compare the DJI mini2 vs Evo nano. When the Evo3 comes out, it will be the competitor of the Mavic 3. Is good to know the comparisons between the Evo lite+ vs the M3 so we know how good the Evo is, but the real comparison vs the M3 is going to be when the E3 comes out.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marshall@DRONE