Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

CamCarbon Props

slimjimtell

Reaction score
i was really interested in seeing how the X Star would perform with a really good set of props. So, for 40.00 I ordered the Aeronaut CamCarbon 9.5" props from CarolinaDronz.

I have only flown several minutes with them on....

1st impression...WOW, I MEAN WOW!!!!!!!

This is a different bird, no doubt!

#1. Noise. It is SO much quieter. More than 10db quieter (I used a db meter)
#2. Hover. MUCH more stable and doesn't move barely at all where the XTR blades let it kind of creep around a little. You might say that yours doesn't move much at all until you see it with these on. ROCK solid.
#3. It seems to scoot a little faster, but not jerky, a smoother transition when you move the sticks. Just better handling.
#4. Descent, you get barely ANY prop wash at full speed descent. Much smoother coming down.
#5. Ascent, again, seems to be faster and smoother
#6. Yaw. Definitely smoother and not as jerky...still needs the update to correct this.

So far I am totally impressed by these blades. I will do a real life battery test to see if there is any benefit. Will also check motor temps as well. I might be able to get to it this weekend. Weather looks to be good.

CAUTION:
These blades are stiff and sharp! I can assure you I will NOT be flying with these props around people at all!
my uses because of the amazing stability they have...
Time lapse sunsets/sunrise
Tooling around mountains, nature and far from people.
Flying in BIG wide open areas alone and for fun.

NO! I MEAN NO hand catching this thing with these on!

I do recommend them for the RIGHT purposes!

Aeronaut CAMcarbon Light Prop for DJI Phantom 2/3, Autel X-Star 9.5 set of 4

Yes, just put them in the DuBro. They are VERY close, two are near perfect. Two are just a little off and I might just let them be. The Stock Autel are not well balanced and I had to balance them.

I wish Autel would get a set of these and look at the shape and make a plastic prop with this type of pitch.

I cannot believe how quiet and stable they are. Crazy!!

Thx for the update. I have been putting off getting a set but now they are a must have

Thanks, very interesting.

I use Aeronauts on some of my high-end multirotors with very good results just had to order them direct from Germany as the requiered sizes were not available in the US.

Just ordered a set from CD

Thanks for the review.
I just received a set. Can't wait to try them out.

Got a chance to fly a little today. These Aeronaut props are really responsive and so quiet.

I threw it in Attitude mode and am working on some simple skills and manuvering. Problem is, I don't have a big area, so just working on keeping in hover and moving to points and back.

I'm itching for a Walkera F210 FPV race drone. Using the X Star to work on some skills.

Be very careful with those props, they will slice your skin as it was butter, not that the plastic won't.
I travel around the world and bring my drone with me. Some countries have strict laws about the props, they must the plastic and not the carbon props. I can see the point about it, one guy had to be taken to the hospital for stitches, apparently the skin in his arm was cut open by a carbon prop. He had 1 1/2 inch contusion, not clear if he was flying the drone or the drone accidentally hit him.

Reactions: Rawdog
So true!
That is why I said CAUTION!

I only fly them when NO people are around and in remote areas. I take off and land VERY far away...NO hand catches.

They are great props no doubt, but can be dangerous when used for the wrong application.

I just picked up a pair and tried them out . Definitely worth the money . They are what the first guy said . Flew great . Quieter , smoother , more stable feeling . Carolina dronz is quick too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They hubs are carbon with a metal insert .

Not nitpicking but the hubs are aluminum with the prop portion being carbon fiber.

Just a heads up for anyone using these 9450 type cam carbon CF props....be sure they're tightened to the motor VERY securely and always re check / tighten before each flight. The thread pitch will accept many different motors and some will be more secure than others, i haven't personally tried my CC CF's on the XSP.......I'm very satisfied, no issues with the stock props myself.

I meant to say aluminum of course they are not metal . I should tighten them . I didn't today . I should use the tool

Don't over tighten them and you don't need to use the tool to tighten. Only use the tool to remove an over tightened prop.
Make sure they are good and snug. Fly, check them from time to time.

Yes, they are aluminum hubs.

Reactions: Rawdog
Don't over tighten them and you don't need to use the tool to tighten. Only use the tool to remove an over tightened prop.

Got it thanks

I disagree. Why wouldn't you use the tool to tighten? If you do some research on the CC props you'll find that they have a tendency to "fly off" if not properly secured.....as I noted previously, the problem is mainly due to the "all in one" thread pitch on the 9450's that might or might not match the Autel motors but also the rigidity of the carbon fiber material. I have 3 different sets of CC props, they're great if tightened properly.

I disagree. Why wouldn't you use the tool to tighten? If you do some research on the CC props you'll find that they have a tendency to "fly off" if not properly secured.....as I noted previously, the problem is mainly due to the "all in one" thread pitch on the 9450's that might or might not match the Autel motors but also the rigidity of the carbon fiber material. I have 3 different sets of CC props, they're great if tightened properly.

Just to follow up, here's a link to a recent incident involving the CC props.
Blade Chroma Drone RTF w/ ST-10+ and C-Go3 Camera - Page 851 - RC Groups

These hubs are aluminum and aluminum is extremely soft. You can do what you want, but over tightening will get you loose threads over time.

I deal in quite a bit of aluminum products that we have to use Stainless Steel screws in Aluminum Threads. Aluminum and Stainless are not the easiest to weld together. So aluminum legs have aluminum threaded inserts with Stainless steel bolts.
Over tightening will strip an aluminum insert quickly.

So again, tighten them but don't over tighten them. I never use the tool to tighten, but I can tell you, there are times I almost need the tool to remove them.

Better to err on the cautious side if you are worried about them coming off.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingraja