Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Waypoint mission with single POI

• Thread starter Deleted member 8818
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 8818

Four waypoints at each corner of the school grounds with one central diagonal pass through the center of the square created by the first four waypoints.

Central POI set on the middle building... had more footage but had to drop altitude in the middle of the mission due to a very low flying plane... about 250' that ADS-B did not warn me about.

Missions settings that were key to this:

1. No gimble angle (set that manually at the beginning of the flight
2. Central POI linked to all waypoings
3. No camera action (started the camera at the beginning of the flight manually.

Notice the jitter around 0:13 and the jump at 0:41 these were seen live on the SC during the flight and were not a result of any interferance by me... they just happend.

Flight speed was 11mph... I think it might have been better going faster, but this seemed smoother.

Filmed at 4k 60fps

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
1. What ADS-B?
2. The skip is not ok, I have many missions and this was not happened....Do you have enough GPS? I have a recalibration of POI at start of each point in mission, but after it starts is rock solid towards POI linked. I cannot see if is already started the next movement towards waypoint, but check your parameters.
Try the mission again in order to see if repeats the movement.
Cheers.

ADS-B is on my DJI drones but never seen it on my Autel. Small planes and helicopters equipment with ADS-B will transmit and you can receive information on your controller which shows exactly where the aircraft and where it is heading. I usually get the information at least a minute or two ahead of time (I have it set to most sensitive) which gives me the opportunity to pause, lower my altitude, and wait until i can see and/or hear the approaching aircraft before i continue. Very useful. I've never see an aircraft at 250 feet, that would be harrowing and in my area, disappointing.

I get the jitter and the jump as well. Usually happens at extreme angles. The few times that I got it and didn't want to post-process it (but had time to re-shoot), I simply changed the camera angle and it went away. I don't know exactly the remedy but 90% of my missions are #1 and #3 in which I allow the camera to do it's thing based on setting a POI. I have set a camera angle for one long leg from waypoint to waypoint so i can see a nice side shot and the camera would jump if affected by the preceding waypoint/POI.

Otherwise my mission have all come along pretty good. I actually like the camera action when flying directly over the POI.

I see...Autel does not have ADS-B...as I know.
Evo II Enterprise does....

I didn't even new I have such thing on E.E :)))) ....On A2S I have seen some warnings related to planes only a few times, but on EE never...I will look in menu, maybe I have missed something...
Thanks for info.

I didn't even new I have such thing on E.E :)))) ....On A2S I have seen some warnings related to planes only a few times, but on EE never...I will look in menu, maybe I have missed something...
Thanks for info.
You will get a pop-up warning in the lower left corner of your screen when an aircraft is approaching. If you click on the map display, it will show you exactly where the aircraft is and what direction it is traveling.

You will get a pop-up warning in the lower left corner of your screen when an aircraft is approaching. If you click on the map display, it will show you exactly where the aircraft is and what direction it is traveling.
Found it...I have seen it today at work...nice... :)

That is assuming the aircraft is broadcasting...

Reactions: GeoDrone SRL

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d