Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Cam Carbon Props

Cider Boy

Reaction score
Having read the reviews of these I ordered some here in the U.K.
(and use them all the time)

Having looked at the CarolinaDronz site and carefully looked to match an order from Germany with those stocked and recommended for the X-Star by Dronz ... I ordered the 9.5 x 4.5

I have to say they are quieter and seem to give a more stable flight.

My Question :

There are three sizes available 9 x 4.5, 9 x 5, 9.5 x 4.5.

What are the positives and negatives of each of the three sizes?

(Now there's a nice technical question to get your teeth into ;))

I cannot comment on what the difference is but I will tell you on the Autel facebook page Autels customer service has said if you use after market props your warranty is void and you are **** out of luck. So if you have a problem don't mention you have carbon props. :)

I got news for you Agustine... the Warranty only covers the U.S. apparently it is not worldwide. (a direct email from Autel Customer Support)

I was however informed that they do plan 'some exciting developments and drones that WILL be available with worldwide warranty' ... Hmmm.

Regards,
Cider Boy.

Last edited:
Running carbon fiber props has nothing to do with world wide warranty. Customer service has stated if you run after market props and your frame cracks you are not covered period no matter where you live. And by the way the warranty is good up here in Canada.

Running carbon fiber props has nothing to do with world wide warranty. Customer service has stated if you run after market props and your frame cracks you are not covered period no matter where you live. And by the way the warranty is good up here in Canada.
The warranty is ONLY USA and Canada, there is NO Worldwide warranty on the pumpkin..(X-Star)
But I take your point ... I have never been covered by warranty anyway .. a risk I took on purchase.

Regards, C.B.

Last edited:
Well glad you see my point. No need for capital letters my friend. I am not blind :)
The problem if you want to call it a problem is CF props are more aggressive and put more stress on the frame. Even if you balance them they can lead to problems down the road is the point I was trying to make.
Good luck with your bird and happy flying.

Has any found any carbon fiber propellers for the EVO, if so please let me know, the OEM props will bend out of shape if not stored flat.

To answer your question on the proper numbers:
The first number is the total prop diameter. EX: 9 x 4.5 is a 9" Diameter
The second number is the pitch of the prop. EX: 9 x 4.5 will move the prop 4.5" per revolution of the prop.

So the first 2 are very similar and the 3rd is more aggressive (More Prop diameter and pitch). The second prop will provide more thrust per revolution but will require more power to drive it.

To answer your question on the proper numbers:
The first number is the total prop diameter. EX: 9 x 4.5 is a 9" Diameter
The second number is the pitch of the prop. EX: 9 x 4.5 will move the prop 4.5" per revolution of the prop.

So the first 2 are very similar and the 3rd is more aggressive (More Prop diameter and pitch). The second prop will provide more thrust per revolution but will require more power to drive it.

Thank you for your reply. But is anyone selling the EVO carbon fiber propellers? The stock propellers flex to much and in the process we loose power, thy are louder, and if thy are not stowed properly the bend.

Why not email Airscrew my friend. I am sure if you give them the information above and they believe they can sort the issues, they will make them.

Reactions: norman.hicks.35
Carbon propellers will be ok. The arms of the XSP are pretty beefy so I can't see them breaking just because a stiffer propeller is used. All that being said, fly it easy instead of like you stole it and it will last a long time. I'm also in the market for some carbon propellers for my XSP and my Evo.

I think the gloss carbon fiber propellers are awesome no matter what you use it on. Airboat, drone, airplane or whatever... They just look cool! I see those are carbon-reinforced, which I'm up for trying a set because of noise reduction alone.

I think the gloss carbon fiber propellers are awesome no matter what you use it on. Airboat, drone, airplane or whatever... They just look cool! I see those are carbon-reinforced, which I'm up for trying a set because of noise reduction alone.
If I remember correctly they are slightly louder than the master airscrews that I use but I think they are more responsive. They're quite a bit more expensive though.

I got about 6 or 8 sets of props with my XSP. Most of them being Master Airscrew. I end up using the stock props all the time because I don't like how they thread on. Kinda cheesy for Master Airscrew to me. I do like the yellow ones on the XSP and they seem to thread on a bit better than the black ones

I got about 6 or 8 sets of props with my XSP. Most of them being Master Airscrew. I end up using the stock props all the time because I don't like how they thread on. Kinda cheesy for Master Airscrew to me. I do like the yellow ones on the XSP and they seem to thread on a bit better than the black ones
Never tried the yellow.
One thing to remember with the carbon fiber is it's going to slice and dice. If regular props weren't bad enough.

According to Autel’s Australian distributor, the warranty is good here, too.

Never tried the yellow.
One thing to remember with the carbon fiber is it's going to slice and dice. If regular props weren't bad enough.

I love the way the XSP handles. I rather fly it than my Evo while close in. FPV... Evo all the way. I'll have to buy me a set of those propellers and check them out.

Reactions: Tufargon
I love the way the XSP handles. I rather fly it than my Evo while close in. FPV... Evo all the way. I'll have to buy me a set of those propellers and check them out.
You may want to get Agustines opinion. He has used them and would be able to give you more insight about them.

Reactions: Fly-a-holic

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials