Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Be good to pick up sounds while flying!

Catweazle

Reaction score
Gday pilots..
Has anyone experimented with trying to capture natural sounds while flying. Instead of adding in you tube backing music o_Oo_O

Reactions: bob_erqs
Have you watched this video?

The best you can do is use some sort of video/sound capture program/app and then sync the sound file to the video in post.
Most of the downloadable screen record/capture apps will record the sound also but it will be, of course, recorded from the phone/devices microphone. That would have to be extracted/recovered and used as a separate sound file when editing.
The example above is using some pre-recorded "wave crashing" sounds and synced them very nicely!

It’d be fantastic to capture a good soundtrack when we fly, and much easier than adding multiple audio tracks later like I do. I’ve always yearned for that... My Sony underwater camera had a great mic, but all it picked-up was what sounded like a drowning Darth Vadar with asthma...

Capturing decent audio with (what would have to be) a quality, wind-socked-mic’d device, at the same time and place we fly would be difficult. Sounds are different from 200’ @ 22mph compared to 5’ @ 5mph...

Maybe hot-air balloons? :)

• Haha
Reactions: Ansia
If you're talking about sound from where the drone is flying, I would think all you would hear is prop noise...:D

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Yuneec's UAV called the Q500 had a external microphone that you could activate or not. I can tell you after your first video with it on you will never turn it back on again. Trust me I been there done it.
If listening to props at a very high rate of speed is your thing then maybe but it was not my idea of a great video.

Yuneec's UAV called the Q500 had a external microphone that you could activate or not. I can tell you after your first video with it on you will never turn it back on again. Trust me I been there done it.
If listening to props at a very high rate of speed is your thing then maybe but it was not my idea of a great video.
LOL, I bet, who wants to hear that awful noise?? Listening to me breath through a snorkel is incredibly irritating. Sony Action cams have great stereo mics for terrestrial use, but underwater it’s useless ...

Tascam has some nice devices to capture audio and later sync as a member described earlier...

Reactions: Lyk2fly
Thanks Tman . Brilliant! I knew there was a answer. Just resuscitated my Tascam DR-40 that I used to record our band practice.
Trains, Boats, and Planes. ( Well..maybe not planes)

Nothing beats a separately recorded audio that goes with the video (shot on Autel) though...
The April Fool's video was good though... lol! At least that's what some of us want to believe... :rolleyes::)

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials