Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Mysterious Martin's Beach, Northern California 2019

HiloHawaiian

Reaction score
A friend always refers to Martin's Beach as mysterious. The sea is always rough, usually foggy and windy too -- making it downright spooky at times. Crashing waves come from two directions. In the middle of it all, is one of the strangest sea rocks you've ever seen...

Great story telling and angles.

Question is on the video quality, regarding what looks like jello in the first 5 seconds, and some gittering during the slow-mo. Is this in the raw footage or a consequence of the rendering?

Thanks, looking for a different vehicle then the Typhoon H Plus (C23) I am currently using.

I fly that area, directly below Martins beach.

Great story telling and angles.

Question is on the video quality, regarding what looks like jello in the first 5 seconds, and some gittering during the slow-mo. Is this in the raw footage or a consequence of the rendering?

Thanks, looking for a different vehicle then the Typhoon H Plus (C23) I am currently using.

I fly that area, directly below Martins beach.

I would say the jello you see although I do not see it could be the strong wind or the transition into the video.
You also have to realize this video was shot with the Autel X-Star and not the EVO. Video quality is still very good for the older platform.

The other thing I find interesting coming from a new comer to the site is I get the impression he never knew it was video from the the X-Star a much older UAV then the EVO. Makes me wonder other then portability is it worth while to upgrade for the average Joe that justs wants good footage to show friends and family?
Maybe this is why I have not upgraded yet, as I see no need when you can get video like this from a two year old UAV that was two years behind to start with LOL.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
I can list all the mistakes, and things I'd do better if I could start over... Funny thing is, I didn't notice the jello-ing, LOL. So many variables -- monitors, graphics support, slo-mo that's pushing the limits of the camera. But, nobody noticed the clip at 35 sec. being too fast! Them waves are a bit fast, :) I don't even know why I sped it up (?), there's no need... That's all I see whenever I watch it, and I cringe. Anyway, I'll eventually get a drone with a better camera, but I'm still not there yet. Most of the shortcomings in all my videos have nothing to do with hardware. It's either poor conditions, and/or poor flying/shooting/processing/editing ;)

Reactions: Jagerbomb52

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials