Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Battery

Bluekobra

Reaction score
I just bought a Autel Premium...Heres my question..It shows that the battery has been charged 5 times right out of the box.. Is this normal? Has anybody else had this happen???

Got it from Dynnex Drones....there kinda hard to get ahold of but they do get back to you after a while

OK so it could be possible it was a demo. Either they used it or possible they bought the ones Autel discounts for $649.00 because they are Professionally reconditioned and flight tested by Autel Robotics engineers.

My next question is did the motors have the little piece of cardboard protectors on them. If not its been used for sure. If thats the case I would ask for a spare battery from the company you bought it of.

Hold the phone!!!! Autel support called me, and they didnt know why there would be five charges on it eather....BUT! Rich from Autel told me not to worry that they would send me a free battery and it would go out tomarrow all free! I could keep the other battery with 5 charges on it or do what i feel comfortable with the one with five charges...Is that great support or what? Autel is is good as gold ..you can not beat there awsome support in any way....Heres to you guys at Autel ..You guys rock!!!

Oh buy the way the Drone is not used its brand new...Had all the clear stickers and other covers on it when i got it....

Excellent
Just a heads up for my fellow Canadian flyers, if you ever have a battery problem and Autel tells you no problem we will send a new one out under warranty expect to pay duty and all those nasty fees that the border charges. I had a battery replaced and was charged 28 bucks duty. Informed Autel support that just gave me the run around. Yes they ware great for replacements but when asked to honour the warranty and cover charges they just walked away. For 28 bucks Canadian they lost some of my support to them.

Excellent
Just a heads up for my fellow Canadian flyers, if you ever have a battery problem and Autel tells you no problem we will send a new one out under warranty expect to pay duty and all those nasty fees that the border charges. I had a battery replaced and was charged 28 bucks duty. Informed Autel support that just gave me the run around. Yes they ware great for replacements but when asked to honour the warranty and cover charges they just walked away. For 28 bucks Canadian they lost some of my support to them.
28.00. Still a fantastic price!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

So you buy something and it has a warranty but then you are asked to pay more. It is not the 28 bucks, I bought a product that has a warranty and the only reason I had to pay was the shipping clerk had to put a value on it or so they said. If he or she had labeled it warranty work and no value there would be no charge. Autel admitted he or she screwed up but stopped responding to my emails. The right thing to do would have been give me a credit on my next purchase instead of stopping all communication.

So you buy something and it has a warranty but then you are asked to pay more. It is not the 28 bucks, I bought a product that has a warranty and the only reason I had to pay was the shipping clerk had to put a value on it or so they said. If he or she had labeled it warranty work and no value there would be no charge. Autel admitted he or she screwed up but stopped responding to my emails. The right thing to do would have been give me a credit on my next purchase instead of stopping all communication.
But Autel did not ask from what I understand for the money it's the country?
Yes or no?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Yes you are correct but if they had labeled it correctly there would have been no charge. Autel admitted to this so why not step up to the plate and give a credit to my next purchase. Instead they just shut down the emails.
Not the best solution in my opinion.

Hey Agustine ...Heres a number to a Manager at Autel his name is Rich....Call him explane the problem see if theres anything he can do for you....not saying hes gotta fix but this guy is a good guy and just might help you out....hope it works

Last edited:
Ya thanks but i already talked to him and a few others. Last word from them was they were going to talk to there shipping company Rep and get me a refund. That was 6 weeks ago. I pretty much have given up on getting any refund. I understand they have no control on what the border services charge but if it was labeled wrong then go good for it. What if I was getting a new Autel X-star as a replacement for warranty?? The cost of duty would have been ten times that amount. Not right if you ask me.

Hummmm sounds like you been there done that....where in the heck can you fly anyway...Seems like Canada Is a No go for Drones...By the way...squeeky wheel gets the grease...so i know its been a while but keep bugging them and maybe it will get handled...

haha got some of your feathered friends right outside...They love the little lake here..Hey if you could hook a RC hook up to one of those that would be killer....lol

If it was taken care off and stored at storage level you should get anywhere from 300-500 charges before its toast. Best way to monitor this is keeping track of the Internal Resistance. Most people that own Autel X-Stars have no idea on how this is done. Best to google DJI batteries and watch some youtube videos on how this is done. Not hard if you have a aftermarket charger.

20170122_092359.jpg

I have a charger I use for my other batteries. The other ones are lipos for a Blade 350 and a Walkera 250 Runner. I use the storage program on the charger.

On the Autel, does the smart battery discharge itself to the right level?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials