Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Battery

Got it, thank you. Down along the Gulf Coast of Texas I don't think it's really worth the expense to have that discharge option, unless the supplied one fails for whatever reason and needs to be replaced. Then the controller itself might need a charger as well...cross that bridge if/when it comes up.

So when folks send a unit back for warranty work, they send it without any batteries?
@Donda - you do not send batteries back for warranty work...only the unit (without props or any accessories) and the remote.

So when folks send a unit back for warranty work, they send it without any batteries?
You send just the RC and Drone when returning unit for repair, I had my gimbal replaced after a crash in August.

Has anyone had any issues traveling with your drone, especially the batteries. Are there drone specific airline rules?

Has anyone had any issues traveling with your drone, especially the batteries. Are there drone specific airline rules?
You'r going a bit off topic here so I will answer you briefly but if you search here you will find many threads on the subject. I assume you are traveling in the USA. The TSA will allow you carry on (you can not check any loose batteries) batteries. There is a size limit (where additional restrictions apply) but the Autel is under the limit. I travel with my drones frequently. I just returned from Phoenix Sky Harbor to Buffalo Niagara with zero questions, looks or hassle. I had my Mavic and 3 extra batteries also my Osmo Plus with an extra Phantom battery for it. Sometimes the airlines have their own rules so you should check their site but most go by the TSA rules.

OK, back on topic. :)

Excellent
Just a heads up for my fellow Canadian flyers, if you ever have a battery problem and Autel tells you no problem we will send a new one out under warranty expect to pay duty and all those nasty fees that the border charges. I had a battery replaced and was charged 28 bucks duty. Informed Autel support that just gave me the run around. Yes they ware great for replacements but when asked to honour the warranty and cover charges they just walked away. For 28 bucks Canadian they lost some of my support to them.
I was charged $24 but worth it.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marshall@DRONE