Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Battery 3-pack?

Jayar

Reaction score
Many of us bought EVO with 3 batteries which we rotate. After a year, plus or minus, they are failing. Replacing each one at $85 gets pricey. My question is: would you buy a 3-pack at a reasonable price. What's reasonable? I think $199 would be fair. What do you guys think?

My Evo with three batteries are over a year old and still strong with no issues. I guess is because I don't fly everyday.

I think an Autel based refresh program would make a lot of sense if there are a lot owners with those issues (but I'd like to hope that there aren't...)

I have 8 Inspire batterys that are from 2016. They are still in use and in shape. The key is to know how to maintain them and store them properly between flights. Ditto for my 8 Yuneec batteries which are two years and four months old.

Reactions: jcommstudios
I have 8 Inspire batterys that are from 2016. They are still in use and in shape. The key is to know how to maintain them and store them properly between flights. Ditto for my 8 Yuneec batteries which are two years and four months old.
The key is to know how to maintain them and store them properly between flights.
Do you care to State how you Maintain and Store them?
Thanks

The key secret is not to leave a Lipo battery charged for too long.
I am strict and I only leave a fully charged battery for two days.
Even if smart batteries like those of Dji and Evo go into Storage mode after three or ten days, I don't wait and go into storage (or put back in storage if used and discharged).
For me, a charged battery that will not be used within two days will be systematically put in storage.
For this, there are devices to help you in the task.

This device which allows either to balance or discharge / store a battery. Can be used on batteries with JST balancing plug for model making / Yuneec battery with the appropriate cord.
Discharger-Equilb 150w.JPG
For Yuneec batteries, the DY5 charger, in addition to its primary charging function, which also allows, while balancing the cells, either to go into Storage mode or to put the battery back in Storage mode.
chargeur-dual-dy5-yunnec-yundy3-6.jpg
This device (great and autonomous) which puts any battery in Storage mode because it does not use balancing (like the Dji and Evo which have balancing management in the internal circuit). Just make the appropriate cords. For the Evo, the Mavic charging cord (1) works.
Just connect the battery to it, select the number of cells, the discharge power and off you go.
(As an indication, the full battery of the Evo is put in storage in 20 minutes)
The advantage is that it is autonomous and when I get home, in the car, it does the job. Arrived, I just have to put away the battery.
I ordered one to try and saw the result, I took three more ... Ah, when we love, we do not count huh .....)
ISDT.JPG
And a last, more simplistic but also effective over a longer discharge time. (In 2s-4s)
I put it on the battery to store in the evening and I recover it the next day.
aspiration-au-lithium-lipo-batterie-discharger-xt6.jpg

Reactions: Ansia
Even if smart batteries like those of Dji and Evo go into Storage mode after three or ten days, I don't wait and go into storage (or put back in storage if used and discharged).
For me, a charged battery that will not be used within two days will be systematically put in storage.

This device which allows either to balance or discharge / store a battery. Can be used on batteries with JST balancing plug for model making / Yuneec battery with the appropriate cord.
View attachment 6268
For Yuneec batteries, the DY5 charger, in addition to its primary charging function, which also allows, while balancing the cells, either to go into Storage mode or to put the battery back in Storage mode.
View attachment 6269
This device (great and autonomous) which puts any battery in Storage mode because it does not use balancing (like the Dji and Evo which have balancing management in the internal circuit). Just make the appropriate cords. For the Evo, the Mavic charging cord (1) works.
Just connect the battery to it, select the number of cells, the discharge power and off you go.
The advantage is that it is autonomous and when I get home, in the car, it does the job. Arrived, I just have to put away the battery.
I ordered one to try and saw the result, I took three more ... Ah, when we love, we do not count huh .....)
View attachment 6270
And a last, more simplistic but also effective over a longer discharge time. (In 2s-4s)
View attachment 6271
Thanks for the Reply.
I was told to just charge full on the day you go fly . Than fly until each reaches the 25% mark, than the critical is what 10% why do I need to buy another battery charger other than the Evo Hub ? Just to get a batteries to a storage mode? I'm not getting it. I'm old ok so go slow lmao. I just bought the Evo Hub so not looking to buy another Charger to just put it in a Storage mode?
So what is the easiest way? charge full ,fly until 20% and just leave the battery like this because it is already discharged right, and leave until I fly again . I am missing something here?
Thanks
david

The storage value of a Lipo battery is necessarily 50% of its capacity, it is there that it keeps the longest (with surveillance anyway).
Charge the battery the day or the day before the flight, okey.
Stealing and storing your battery at 20% or less is a dead battery, at this value it will lose more capacity during storage than the battery put into hibernation at 50%.
The system is not a second battery charger, it is an unloader for storage since the Evo charger does not. (Yuneec's does)
The principle :
Full battery not used to fly: Discharge for storage at 50%.
Battery used:
If the battery is above 50%, discharge to go it to 50%
If the battery is below 50%, small recharge to go the battery above 50% (3 green lights on) and equalization with the discharger.
At the cost of the batteries, a little care cannot hurt them.

View attachment 6268
View attachment 6269
View attachment 6270
View attachment 6271
Do you have a Link to buy just the Charging Cord that has the 10pin ? that charges the Evo Batteries.
I have FOUR Evo batteries so I would need 4 Charging cables . If I was to Get a Multiple charger-and dis-charger
Thanks.
David

Yes, I give you most links for our future charge and maintenance
the charging cable used for discharge and stokage.
Banana plug.JPG
Amazon.com: DJI Mavic to 4mm Banana Plugs Battery Charge Lead Adapter Cable by Venom: Toys & Games

A 4 in 1 charger for three batteries and the radio
Only the model DO: YXC06, the other models will not go.
Do a search on the Forum, we often talk about this charger and how to prepare the plug for connection (see the image above, I show the cut to be made on the socket).
Chargeur 4 in 1.JPG
Amazon.com: Fstop Labs Accessories For DJI Mavic Pro Platinum Alpine 5 in 1 Rapid Battery Charger Smart Multi Battery Intelligent Charging Hub With Ground Connection and LIPO Bag: Toys & Games

And the unloader to store the battery.
(On the cable mentioned above replace the banana plugs with a female JST-XT60 for connection or a Banana-JST connecting cable)
ISDT-FD100.JPG
Amazon.com: ISDT FD-100 Smart Control Discharger 80W/8A Discharing Capacity 2-8s 6-35v Lipo Battery Discharging with Maximum 80W Capacity Discharging Current 0.5A-6A: Home Audio & Theater

Reactions: DavidRoss
Yes, I give you most links for our future charge and maintenance
the charging cable used for discharge and stokage.
View attachment 6275
Amazon.com: DJI Mavic to 4mm Banana Plugs Battery Charge Lead Adapter Cable by Venom: Toys & Games

A 4 in 1 charger for three batteries and the radio
Only the model DO: YXC06, the other models will not go.
Do a search on the Forum, we often talk about this charger and how to prepare the plug for connection (see the image above, I show the cut to be made on the socket).
View attachment 6276
Amazon.com: Fstop Labs Accessories For DJI Mavic Pro Platinum Alpine 5 in 1 Rapid Battery Charger Smart Multi Battery Intelligent Charging Hub With Ground Connection and LIPO Bag: Toys & Games

And the unloader to store the battery.
(On the cable mentioned above replace the banana plugs with a female JST-XT60 for connection or a Banana-JST connecting cable)
View attachment 6277
Amazon.com: ISDT FD-100 Smart Control Discharger 80W/8A Discharing Capacity 2-8s 6-35v Lipo Battery Discharging with Maximum 80W Capacity Discharging Current 0.5A-6A: Home Audio & Theater
Thanks for your help, Little Shaving on the one side of the Plug KQQL .

I think the price of batteries is way too much. People are making a killing at these prices.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacqueslambert