Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Bad RC Fan?

Couple of other construction comments. The antennas on this controller feel different. The detents are much more defined and there's less play in the antennas. Although it could certainly be my imagination, they seem to feel more solid and precise. The other thing I noticed was that the controller fan doesn't come on NEARLY as soon or as frequently as the last one. So far so good...

LP

Reactions: strdr
I dont feel well today but I did do the updates so far and then verified they were all correct. If you watch the Autel video on over the air updates they mention to go through the update procedure of waiting a minute to see if update pops up again on the start screen. Assuming it compares the battery version against the update and updates as neccessary.
Something I found odd Y was under battery it says discharge 19. What does that mean? The battery has been fully charge one time with 1 connection to it. I dont get it....

I agree that's odd. Sounds like the battery has been used a few times. Interesting....wonder if it is accurate.

LP

So, that last post was from this morning as I kept receiving some kind of security notice when I tried to post.
Anyways, congrats on a working fan rc:)
I havent been feeling well today so all I've done is:
Updated from firmware 1.3.4.6 (I dont know what timeline that is) to newest successfully verified by checking all the revision numbers. I also just checked a table and adjusted for level 4 ways and calibrated the gimbal. Before doing it I noticed that it physically looked very slightly tilted and now physically looks correct. Havent taken it outside yet to play spin the drone.

Take a look at your battery info for me and see what it says? It makes no sense.

I just called them and talked to Sydney (female) and told her about my adventures with the fan issue and then this and she right away said she had never heard of this problem before. She has to pass it on as she doesnt have the power to make any decision. Told her I should get sent a new battery ASAP (I wasn't mean) and she basically said she would guess that's going to happen. She's sending me an email to add screengrabs to which I just got and will take a look at.

Interesting....I wonder how that happened. I do know my last one started at 0 discharges.....but I didn't look at ALL the batteries. I will check the new one when I get a chance, but as long as the cycle counts are low and it works fine, I'm done dinking around unless I find a bigger issue with the drone.

LP

Oh - and Sydney is the one I worked with on my RC fan noise - so if she's saying she never heard of that, then either there are two Sydneys or she's blowing smoke.

LP

Heres the response after checking the other 2 in the package but not the 2 that came in the bags after reporting 0 on second and 2 discharges on third. I asked for battery replacement without sending any back:

Thank you for your patience. In regards to the battery with 2 charges, this is totally normal - it likely was a battery that was part of QC in the factory so anything between 0-2 discharges is fine. The one with 19 however, very odd, so we'd absolutely like to get that battery swapped out for you. This likely was a test battery at the factory so we'd like to get it back to figure out what happened there. If you can please respond back with a good shipping address for you, I can get this battery shipped out.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to make this right!

This is posted in another thread I started asking about this issue.

I also asked that I receive the new one by Tuesday as we are leaving Wednesday for the week so we shall see where that goes. I believe I should have been allowed to keep the other battery but at least I'm getting s new one.

I dont believe any updates will pop up after doing the newest firmware as I waited to see when I tested the other batteries so good to go as you thought.
Just got a notice that Autel is getting ready to ship my battery.

Oh - and Sydney is the one I worked with on my RC fan noise - so if she's saying she never heard of that, then either there are two Sydneys or she's blowing smoke.

LP
Sydney is the CS rep I was in contact with about the fan issue. So at least 3 of us, maybe more had contact with and is saying she never heard of this before??

Last edited:
I believe he meant never heard of the battery issue I had with it already showing 19 discharges.

Ive had this issue also, I posted about it way back in Feb and at the time it seems like I was the only one. The RC fan failed approx 1 week into ownership and they only offered to replace the RC with a est 2week wait. Ended up taking 6 weeks to replace. They did not repair the RC but simply replace it, why would it take 6 weeks to simply replace a part? Mine was purchased from Autel in AU but I dont think thats even relevant as they're all built out of China by Autel.

Best of all, new RC still makes lots of weird noises like this but the RC fan hasnt failed (yet).

I suspect its a bad bearing, sounds like a sleeve bearing from a cheap CPU fan you'd normally get on a stock cooler. Not sure if I want to wait another 6weeks to get the RC fixed again, only to have another bad RC fan or just open it up and replace it myself?

The RC on the Autel Evo truly is its biggest design flaw, it may have an inbuilt screen, but everything else about it is just horrid. RC Fan is terrible, Poor ergonomics/unbalanced design, those ****ing "custom" buttons on the back we keep accidentally pressing, flimsy antennas and the plastic RC sticks make it feel like a cheap toy.

Reactions: LeafPeeper
Why don't you guys just open one up and get the part number for the fan. Look on the net for the fan. China has tons of suppliers for these small fans. My parrot anafi has a small fan on the bottom. All I did was get the product number and searched for it on the net. Turns out they are about $1.25 each. Buy a box of them and start selling them to your fellow EVO flyers ?

Reactions: Tufargon
Why don't you guys just open one up and get the part number for the fan. Look on the net for the fan. China has tons of suppliers for these small fans. My parrot anafi has a small fan on the bottom. All I did was get the product number and searched for it on the net. Turns out they are about $1.25 each. Buy a box of them and start selling them to your fellow EVO flyers ?

Principle? These are BRAND NEW EVOs we're talking about. We shouldn't have to deal with this after shelling out $1K. I see no joy in voiding my warranty and risking fat finger damage to the remote to fix a problem that never should have been there in the first place. After the warranty expires, I'm right with you, but a week after purchase? NO way.

BTW, I flew about a half battery last night and this remote does seem significantly better from a fan perspective. Wonder how long it will last...

If I'm counting correctly, 5 people have now complained about the same problem in this thread, with one person (mavicn00b) having had two bad ones. Hardly a controlled study and I'm guessing it's not statistically significant yet...

The RC on the Autel Evo truly is its biggest design flaw, it may have an inbuilt screen, but everything else about it is just horrid. RC Fan is terrible, Poor ergonomics/unbalanced design, those ****ing "custom" buttons on the back we keep accidentally pressing, flimsy antennas and the plastic RC sticks make it feel like a cheap toy.

Agree 100%. They had a great idea, and they royally screwed it up.

LP

More like the part to avoid, whatever part they are using for our RC fan is absolutely rubbish. Something so obvious how did it even pass quality control? Or do they not even test these things?

Heres the response after checking the other 2 in the package but not the 2 that came in the bags after reporting 0 on second and 2 discharges on third. I asked for battery replacement without sending any back:

Thank you for your patience. In regards to the battery with 2 charges, this is totally normal - it likely was a battery that was part of QC in the factory so anything between 0-2 discharges is fine. The one with 19 however, very odd, so we'd absolutely like to get that battery swapped out for you. This likely was a test battery at the factory so we'd like to get it back to figure out what happened there. If you can please respond back with a good shipping address for you, I can get this battery shipped out.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to make this right!

This is posted in another thread I started asking about this issue.

Pman.....this is creepy weird. I just checked my first two batteries - haven't tried the 3rd one yet. The first battery (the one with the sticker) on the back said 19 DISCHARGE CYCLES! The second one said 2. I find it odd that the numbers match yours exactly, especially when our bundles came from two different locations. I'm wondering if this a coding bug - or if maybe on a brand new battery the count register is initialized to some garbage value that the software reads as 19 - and may reset after the first charge cycle. Given that the number is the same, it's an awful odd coincidence, and I'm not sure I believe it.

I may write to Sydney and poke on it a bit.
LP

Pman.....this is creepy weird. I just checked my first two batteries - haven't tried the 3rd one yet. The first battery (the one with the sticker) on the back said 19 DISCHARGE CYCLES! The second one said 2. I find it odd that the numbers match yours exactly, especially when our bundles came from two different locations. I'm wondering if this a coding bug - or if maybe on a brand new battery the count register is initialized to some garbage value that the software reads as 19 - and may reset after the first charge cycle. Given that the number is the same, it's an awful odd coincidence, and I'm not sure I believe it.

I may write to Sydney and poke on it a bit.
LP
Or perhaps they're both quality control tested in the same procedure in the same factory? Too bad they don't (evidently) QC their remotes...

Or perhaps they're both quality control tested in the same procedure in the same factory? Too bad they don't (evidently) QC their remotes...

I agree that's possible - but it would bug me yet again that Autel's customer support was unaware of it. I surprised their support folks with the discussion about the default camera angle....and Pman said that this caught them off guard as well and they want the battery back.

On the remotes, I agree wholeheartedly. I just can't believe how badly they screwed up a great idea.
LP

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles