Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Backing music and copyright.

Catweazle

Reaction score
Is there a website where video backing music can be used without infringing copy copyright? Also, i would like use some great movie sound tracks as backing that I own. When I say own, I purchased the CDs, so i'm assuming i can use them for my own purpose.

Vimeo is not as strict as Youtube but it still might get flagged.
Using music you bought does not mean you can use it in your videos unless you got it from one of those sites that you pay a fee to every month to use copy right music.

Youtube has 1000's of tracks you can use royalty free. It's in the Youtube Studio. There are also royalty free music sites as well, such as bensounds.com.

Copyrighted music you have purchased and you include in your video will definitely get your video taken down when posted to Youtube.

Reactions: ElectricPickle
If you pull the footage into the GoPro Quik app you can "buy" licensed tracks from Amazon specifically for embedding in the video. Not sure if that gets you past the youtube sensors or not.

Is there a website where video backing music can be used without infringing copy copyright? Also, i would like use some great movie sound tracks as backing that I own. When I say own, I purchased the CDs, so i'm assuming i can use them for my own purpose.
No problem if you use the video music for your own viewing, no posting on YT or Vimeo.

No problem if you use the video music for your own viewing, no posting on YT or Vimeo.
Actually, you also need to be careful if you show the video to friends or give them copies. My wife used to sell copyright free music online, but in the end it became too competitive. We still have a box of master CDs. Must drag them out and see if they still ‘stand up’.

Reactions: Rubik3x

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials