Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Auto land

sadphil01

Reaction score
So I'm new to drones & have flown a few times (hard in the rubbish weather we have at the moment in Yorkshire). In all my flights I had focus issues randomly & was working with Autel about this when on my last flight, I had only two moments of focus issues. But on that flight I was filming low along a stream & suddenly (In hindsight I think the sensor saw the higher banking) it just decided to land! I honestly panicked a bit then tried to get the drone to the banking but it wouldn't come up & it crashed into the banking & dipped itself in the water! I now have a drone with no gimbal working & warnings about the rear sensors. Absolutely gutted & Autel has asked me to send it back for repair, which I have done, but my question is, can you stop/disable the autoland feature? What hight is it as I couldn't find anything about it in the manual apart from low battery return to home (I'd just swapped to a full battery before the crash) & autoland. Surely they would have an override?

With my old XSP all I had to do was push the stick forward for Upward travel.

Maybe on the E2P push the button on the controller with the red II symbol. That is used to cancel RTH, etc.

Reactions: PingSpike
With my old XSP all I had to do was push the stick forward for Upward travel.

Maybe on the E2P push the button on the controller with the red II symbol. That is used to cancel RTH, etc.
Sounds like it but really poor idea. If I want to fly low it would be better having an override say a popup that asks if you want to land or even not landing unless I press that button. Assume I want to fly low until that button is pressed? Ah well live & learn.

I'm not sure why your Drone decided to land. I was simply addressing how to stop it from doing so.

I always hand catch mine. That means hovering at 6' or so. I guess in honesty I've not hovered at 3-4' to see what it would do.

There are settings in explorer to disable bottom/landing sensors. You may be right and that the drone thought that you were flying low enough and that you wanted to land so it did. Disabling the sensors, or proximity sensors in general, should be done when you are wanting to fly close to an object. Even if that object is the ground..

As always, record your flight display. You don't need to keep the recordings around forever and can be deleted after a successful flight, but record what you are seeing, what the drone is seeing and what it and you are doing.

Reactions: TravisPNW and xval
So I'm new to drones & have flown a few times (hard in the rubbish weather we have at the moment in Yorkshire). In all my flights I had focus issues randomly & was working with Autel about this when on my last flight, I had only two moments of focus issues. But on that flight I was filming low along a stream & suddenly (In hindsight I think the sensor saw the higher banking) it just decided to land! I honestly panicked a bit then tried to get the drone to the banking but it wouldn't come up & it crashed into the banking & dipped itself in the water! I now have a drone with no gimbal working & warnings about the rear sensors. Absolutely gutted & Autel has asked me to send it back for repair, which I have done, but my question is, can you stop/disable the autoland feature? What hight is it as I couldn't find anything about it in the manual apart from low battery return to home (I'd just swapped to a full battery before the crash) & autoland. Surely they would have an override?
You just press the Pause Button.... it is in the manual and mentioned many times on You Tube videos... Cheers

As always, record your flight display. You don't need to keep the recordings around forever and can be deleted after a successful flight, but record what you are seeing, what the drone is seeing and what it and you are doing.
BTW, what is the good app for recording?

You can record everything with the Autel app. Install on your phone or tablet and connect it to the controller via a USB cable.
You can do a screen recording with the Autel app?

BTW, what is the good app for recording?

It really depends on what device you are using. A lot of phones/tablets include a screen recording app with their OS distribution but some do not. If they do not then it'll be a matter of finding something on your devices app store that meets your needs. I haven't touched the Android app store in years because I've abandoned google apps on all my personal devices and use an iOS device specifically for drone work.

Here's a bit of info that may help you narrow some options down. If you have iOS, it's a built in option.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials