Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel X-Star Wifi $499

Have y'all seen the Wifi X-Star 3 that Banggood is advertising for $379 as coming soon?

No, but Autel has discontinued the WIFI models!

Yeah. I am wondering if the one Banggood is advertising as the X-Star 3 is the Wifi replacement. Seems like a downgrade to me to be even lower end, but I guess we'll soon see.

The one on BG is a lessor model called the X-Star 3 Cam. It sports a non-removable camera that only shoots 1080p/60fps. It only has a 2600' range, half that in CE countries. They also went to traditional 5.8Ghz & 2.7Ghz and ditched the 900Mhz. Like a model from 2014 :confused:

For less than that you can get a Phantom 3 Standard that shoots up to 2.7K and is an all around better machine. What is Autel thinking with this new model at that price?

Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 9.49.01 PM✨.png

Reactions: brian bwin
Hi guys, i'm new to the whole drone craze and am interested in the X-Star wifi. Is there a major difference in the Premium & Wifi that will affect how it flies? Also, what is the major difference in between connecting thru wifi or directly connecting to the radio with a cable. The Wifi version is more in line with my budget but I could sway towards the Premium. One difference I've noted is the range of flight being less on the WiFi version than the Premium but I am not real concerned with flying over 1 mile.

Thanks for your help

Hi guys, i'm new to the whole drone craze and am interested in the X-Star wifi. Is there a major difference in the Premium & Wifi that will affect how it flies? Also, what is the major difference in between connecting thru wifi or directly connecting to the radio with a cable. The Wifi version is more in line with my budget but I could sway towards the Premium. One difference I've noted is the range of flight being less on the WiFi version than the Premium but I am not real concerned with flying over 1 mile.

Thanks for your help

I think the only difference is the cheaper model uses wifi for the video feed, and therefore it's range to receive the video feed is less. The drone itself is identical other than that and flys the same.

Great! I think you will be happy with Carolina Dronz service, they shipped mine very fast.

Also, if you have a problem with Autel, which is doubtful, they will help you resolve it. They are a great resource if you have any questions too.

Also, if you have a problem with Autel, which is doubtful, they will help you resolve it. They are a great resource if you have any questions too.

Thanks Busboy. Hoping Autel's Customer Service is much better than what I have read regarding Dji's. They have some excellent aircraft but seem to be suffering when it comes to dealing with their customers and issues. As for Carolina Dronz, I have read excellent reviews of their services and am impressed with their quick shipping. Looking forward to doing business with them.

Just got this yesterday and must say it feels like it's built like a tank compared to the feel of a Phantom 3S. Very solid looking drone from top to bottom.:)

Reactions: brian bwin

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials