Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel + UASidekick LAANC Services within Explorer

advexure

Reaction score
Website
advexure.com
More exciting news from day two at CES 2021 (virtual)! Autel has announced their new partnership with UASidekick to provide direct access to LAANC services from within the Autel Explorer app. Users of Explorer will be able to use LAANC from within the Autel Explorer application, saving users time, cost, and providing precision for planned missions and manual flight services.

UASideKick.png

Fly safely and in compliance without having to shuffle between multiple applications for mission execution, LAANC compliance, etc.

UASideKick-Autel.png

Autel Explorer Mission Planner will allow users to create a mission, using the geolocation data to submit precision location data to the LAANC system via the UASidekick portal, without having to open a secondary application, while storing the LAANC authorization data on the device used for mission planning. Manual flight will allow users to instantly access the FAA airspace authorization system for flights in areas served by the FAA Facility Maps.

UASideKick-airspace.png

More information on this update and a timeline as to its availability in the Explorer app will be available soon!

Safe flying,
The Advexure Team

I don't recall seeing mapbox in explorer before...

Good catch!

At least on Android, when google maps is not installed then it defaults to AMap (a Chinese mapping provider) with zero ability to access and use mapping features that are useful if not in China. I've been hoping that Autel would switch to mapbox as a default, or optional, provider so maybe this is a sign that they are.

Will this work for non-Part 107 recreational flyers?
Yes, the functionality will allow both commercial and recreational LAANC authorizations, along with other key features such as micro-weather & alerts (approaching squall lines/thunderstorms), airspace information, and fleet/pilot management tools.

Reactions: verticalflyer
Yes, the functionality will allow both commercial and recreational LAANC authorizations, along with other key features such as micro-weather & alerts (approaching squall lines/thunderstorms), airspace information, and fleet/pilot management tools.

No kidding? That's a whole lot of new, and needed, features. I've kicked around explorer's code and like what I've seen so far (except for AMap an a few other references to other services). Will this new update and the features of add new vectors of privacy concern?

Last edited:
What version of the Explorer App is needed for this, the most current or newest version? Is it compatible with the Evo 1?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy