Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel on line help

Wow...the customer service Blows..i agree 100%

But not impressed with the EVO ?

Man..i am digging the hell out of it...no restrictions like Mavic products (which are very fine) being limited in height and location often

The Camera Quality beats the f out of my Mavic pro

The Air time of the battery on my Evo...10/15 % better

it is all very personal but i have not used my MP in a while but have been having fun with the Evo

I hope you don't have the need to deal with them..they are sorely lacking on every aspect of Customer service
I come from a Phantom. Other than 4K60 on H.265 (which I cannot use), the Evo doesn't bring anything new to me, besides the folding factor. As for Geofencing, I am always more restricted by the FAA's height limit, than the Geofencing given by DJI.

I am out of the loop with the lingo

IOS ?

I SHOULD know but i don't

Did you know that most drone flyers are in their 50s-60s?

Ansia...i didn't know in a statistical way but by seeing some of the members info on their icons i am aware of that fact..AND having seen other guys flying THEY are getting up there in age ...i think that $ comes into play also...Young guys are hustling Mortgage /family...we still have a bit of that (in my case true) but the younger guys don't have the $...it is(can be) an $ hobby

Ansia...i didn't know in a statistical way but by seeing some of the members info on their icons i am aware of that fact..AND having seen other guys flying THEY are getting up there in age ...i think that $ comes into play also...Young guys are hustling Mortgage /family...we still have a bit of that (in my case true) but the younger guys don't have the $...it is(can be) an $ hobby
Don't tell anyone I told you this, but in here, there is a self proclaimed geezer.
giphy.gif

Don't tell anyone I told you this, but in here, there is a self proclaimed geezer.
View attachment 4458

There are MANY and it is a very good thing ...I am PROUD to be one..(if only i could remember to take everything i need when out for a flight...What the f did i forget THIS time !)...getting better at it...i pack up everything i need the night before going to fly)...Been raining here... NYC...for weeks and one thing i make sure to have is a freakin umbrella

• Haha
Reactions: Ansia
There are MANY and it is a very good thing ...I am PROUD to be one..(if only i could remember to take everything i need when out for a flight...What the f did i forget THIS time !)...getting better at it...i pack up everything i need the night before going to fly)...Been raining here... NYC...for weeks and one thing i make sure to have is a freakin umbrella
You are not the only one. I am not in the geezer age range, but I almost always forget my tablet at home. I don't forget my phone, because I have 2 and 1 always stays in the car...

You are not the only one. I am not in the geezer age range, but I almost always forget my tablet at home. I don't forget my phone, because I have 2 and 1 always stays in the car...

Ansia...i am sure by what you said that you use a tablet or a phone with your Evo

I do that with my Mavic Pro...picked up a very well made tablet /phone thing that was adjustable and very well made

It got to be a pain in the *** lugging all that stuff...i still do it but most of the time i fly the Evo

I fly it as is...i use the controller screen ...set up is quick...bing bang and you're up and running

Late yesterday i did a back door entry to a local Golf course

I was thinking that i was going to be asked to leave at any moment

i sat myself up by a huge tree ...1-2-3 i am up zooming through the place (it was closing time and there was nobody there)

Didn' have to f around with the cables and the holder...i had 20 + minutes ...got GREAT footage (one of my favorite things about the Evo..The f'n camera kicks *** )..The colors in the Video...amazing quality

Another f'n rain day today...F

Ansia...i am sure by what you said that you use a tablet or a phone with your Evo

I do that with my Mavic Pro...picked up a very well made tablet /phone thing that was adjustable and very well made

It got to be a pain in the *** lugging all that stuff...i still do it but most of the time i fly the Evo

I fly it as is...i use the controller screen ...set up is quick...bing bang and you're up and running

Late yesterday i did a back door entry to a local Golf course

I was thinking that i was going to be asked to leave at any moment

i sat myself up by a huge tree ...1-2-3 i am up zooming through the place (it was closing time and there was nobody there)

Didn' have to f around with the cables and the holder...i had 20 + minutes ...got GREAT footage (one of my favorite things about the Evo..The f'n camera kicks *** )..The colors in the Video...amazing quality

Another f'n rain day today...F
Tablet for the phantom, cellphone for the Evo. The built in screen isn't bright enough for tropical sun light

Besides having poor vision (Normal aging type..i can see fine with the aid of over the counter reading glasses)

More than 1/2 the time flying i do not look at the screen

i eyeball the Evo

i Film every flight i make and i put all on a External hard drive with INTENTIONS of editing down all that i have

Haven't done one F'n edit in a year

When i return home i plug in the chip and watch what i had just filmed

Whatever works for you is good...for me,that is my usual routine

Looking gloomy outside but no rain (yet)...i may go out and FLY

Enjoy your Day !

Reactions: Ansia
(Normal aging type..i can see fine with the aid of over the counter reading glasses)

I'm in the same boat, so I ordered a pair of these. It's polarized sunglasses with reading lenses at the bottoms. Should be arriving today, so I'll give an update.

Sunglasses.JPG

I am a proud geezer too, got the card to prove it. It's called a Medicare card. ;)

Apple's operating system is called iOS. Funny way to spell apple.:rolleyes:

butch

• Haha
Reactions: swings16 and Ansia
Having the App tuned to Phones instead of Tablets seems to be the way the industry has gone. One that comes to mind is Parrot. If it was not for them bringing out the Thermo I do not think they would have upgraded the iOS App to work with iPADS. I'm guessing they have a standard and dealing and getting approval from Apple is sometimes not that easy when putting out new Apps. You will notice that any improvements that Android gets the iOS app will take longer to get approved through the Apple store.
Indeed. My concern is that Autel's excuse for not fixing it now with the iPhone version is that eventually they plan to have a dedicated iPad version, which will likely never happen, as their EVO sales don't justify the investing the scarce resources. They are stretched thin as it is. Just do the quick fix to the iPhone version, and be done with it. Three weeks later, it would be available.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GLOBODRONE