Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel on line help

swings16

Reaction score
i feel obligated to give props for Sydney @ Autel help

I recently crashed my Evo and the camera was destroyed

i sent it to them to install a new camera...they did a fine job but when i got it back the controller couldn't hook up with the Evo

connecting..connecting...NOTHING

I call Autel...A guy Sydney walked me through an update for the controller + detailed the process of BINDING the controller to my bird

I wasn't aware that the Evo won't hook up with just any controller...it will only work with your Evo

the process was detailed + i f'd it up a couple of times but he hung in with me and got it done

THANK YOU Autel help line people + especially SYDNEY !...Well Done

How long did it take for them to give you the bill after they received it? So far I am not impressed with them.

Swings,
Was wondering if you had the evo back from repair. Glad you got it back and hope it works perfectly.
I also would give Kudos to Sydney. That is who I dealt with and couldn't ask for better service.
Ansia,
You didn't ask me but, Autel got back with me on my repair in just couple days after receiving it.
butch

How long did it take for them to give you the bill after they received it? So far I am not impressed with them.

If you are talking about my repair for the camera ?/ i was given the price after the camera was installed...free shipping back + forth from NYC...i have had nothing other than a very good experience with them

Swings,
Was wondering if you had the evo back from repair. Glad you got it back and hope it works perfectly.
I also would give Kudos to Sydney. That is who I dealt with and couldn't ask for better service.
Ansia,
You didn't ask me but, Autel got back with me on my repair in just couple days after receiving it.
butch

I hear you butch...same same...no complaints..all GOOD ...they also did updates for me and installed a camera chip port that had been ripped off..Free of charge..Communication EXCELLENT
I ain't blowin smoke ..straight up Great to deal with in every way

If you are talking about my repair for the camera ?/ i was given the price after the camera was installed...free shipping back + forth from NYC...i have had nothing other than a very good experience with them
Ok, let me rephrase then. How long from the moment they received your drone, until they repaired it and sent you the invoice?

Ok, let me rephrase then. How long from the moment they received your drone, until they repaired it and sent you the invoice?

It took a LONG time to get there and it took a LONG time until it was repaired and was sent the invoice

i would say at least 1 week to 10 days from when they got it until repaired and sent an invoice

That was my only complaint with the whole procedure...a protracted period of time

in the meantime i got reacquainted with my Mavic Pro

I hope that i answered your question well enough

Swings16

Reactions: Ansia
It took a LONG time to get there and it took a LONG time until it was repaired and was sent the invoice

i would say at least 1 week to 10 days from when they got it until repaired and sent an invoice

That was my only complaint with the whole procedure...a protracted period of time

in the meantime i got reacquainted with my Mavic Pro

I hope that i answered your question well enough

Swings16
Yes, thank you. It was about the same for me. What worried me was the lack of confirmation on their part that they received the drone. I had to wait 8 days to get an email from them. It's a $999 piece of equipment, not a $50 toy. I always get Danny as my CSR. I swear, either he's always having a bad day or he needs some kind of motivation to improve his CS.

Reactions: swings16
Yes...i recall now what you refer to...no info/communication re the progress of the repair during the period from when they first go it till pay up time

so now i have my Evo and it has rained almost nonstop in NYC.... WITH fierce winds for well over a week straight

and the rain stopped and the wind is kicking...i judge the wind by listening to a WIND Chime on my terrace...there has been a concert non stop for days

• Wow
Reactions: Ansia
Yes, thank you. It was about the same for me. What worried me was the lack of confirmation on their part that they received the drone. I had to wait 8 days to get an email from them. It's a $999 piece of equipment, not a $50 toy. I always get Danny as my CSR. I swear, either he's always having a bad day or he needs some kind of motivation to improve his CS.
I called the same day mine was received by them, well before 4pm PST, to make sure they knew that I knew they had it, and I expected some confirmation of receipt. I guess that bumped me to the top of that queue, because I received a confirmation email and a separate approved warranty repair email the next day, but I was then informed that they still have 14 days for the repair! Am I to assume they send them back to China for repair? I dunno! Anyway, two weeks later, they shipped it back to me via UPS restricted delivery, adult signature required, no diversion to a UPS Store permitted, but never tested the video drop outs beyond a mile during those 14 days, because they can't test any flight beyond 1.2 miles! Still trying to sort out the lousy video FPV range!

I called the same day mine was received by them, well before 4pm PST, to make sure they knew that I knew they had it, and I expected some confirmation of receipt. I guess that bumped me to the top of that queue, because I received a confirmation email and a separate approved warranty repair email the next day, but I was then informed that they still have 14 days for the repair! Am I to assume they send them back to China for repair? I dunno! Anyway, two weeks later, they shipped it back to me via UPS restricted delivery, adult signature required, no diversion to a UPS Store permitted, but never tested the video drop outs beyond a mile during those 14 days, because they can't test any flight beyond 1.2 miles! Still trying to sort out the lousy video FPV range!
In my case, I contacted them 2 days later. Still had to wait a full week to get a confirmation email from them saying they did not find anything wrong. Took them another week to send me second confirmation, after I provided hundreds of evidence of my problem. On the second confirmation nothing had changed from the first, so I am to believe they did nothing. Now they sent me the drone via USPS in the slowest possible option. I will be out of my Evo for a whole month and it never got anything done to it. I am not impressed with Autel or my Evo at all...

Reactions: G_G
In my case, I contacted them 2 days later. Still had to wait a full week to get a confirmation email from them saying they did not find anything wrong. Took them another week to send me second confirmation, after I provided hundreds of evidence of my problem. On the second confirmation nothing had changed from the first, so I am to believe they did nothing. Now they sent me the drone via USPS in the slowest possible option. I will be out of my Evo for a whole month and it never got anything done to it. I am not impressed with Autel or my Evo at all...
Me neither! The primary reason for sending the drone in together with the cracked antennas on the RC was to sort out the video FPV dropouts that occur at 1.5 miles and beyond, and only after returning it to me was I informed that they have no way to test anything beyond 1.2 miles, so sending the aircraft in was a total waste. They insisted upon repairing the antennas instead of replacing the controller, so buying an advanced replacement RC wasn't even an option. Three weeks without my EVO and nothing gained, except the symptomless cosmetic cracks around the antennas are now gone. At least now they have an iOS version that records flight logs, but it can't be used on any iPad because they laid out the sync screen for the iPhone in such a way that it formats on any iPad in such a different way that it cannot sync them! The cancel button is on top of the sync button! Don't they test these things for iPad compatibility?

Last edited:
Me neither! The primary reason for sending the drone in together with the cracked antennas on the RC was to sort out the video FPV dropouts that occur at 1.5 miles and beyond, and only after returning it to me was I informed that they have no way to test anything beyond 1.2 miles, so sending the aircraft in was a total waste. They insisted upon repairing the antennas instead of replacing the controller, so buying an advanced replacement RC wasn't even an option. Three weeks without my EVO and nothing gained, except the symptomless cosmetic cracks around the antennas are now gone. At least now they have an iOS version that records flight logs, but it can't be used on any iPad because they laid out the sync screen for the iPhone in such a way that it formats on any iPad in such a different way that it cannot sync them! The cancel button is on top of the sync button! Don't they test these things for iPad compatibility?
I don't believe they considered the ipad on the design.

I don't believe they considered the ipad on the design.
They clearly didn't, but it would have been so easy to do! You don't need a dedicated iPad version to have your iPhone version scale appropriately on an iPad! It was easily testable! It is only the single sync screen on the iPhone version that needs to be reconfigured to accommodate iPad syncing! There are some other areas that need tweaking for iPad readability, but this one is critical to iPad functionality, and it states it is iPad compatible in the App Store! Not!

Having the App tuned to Phones instead of Tablets seems to be the way the industry has gone. One that comes to mind is Parrot. If it was not for them bringing out the Thermo I do not think they would have upgraded the iOS App to work with iPADS. I'm guessing they have a standard and dealing and getting approval from Apple is sometimes not that easy when putting out new Apps. You will notice that any improvements that Android gets the iOS app will take longer to get approved through the Apple store.

Wow...the customer service Blows..i agree 100%

But not impressed with the EVO ?

Man..i am digging the hell out of it...no restrictions like Mavic products (which are very fine) being limited in height and location often

The Camera Quality beats the f out of my Mavic pro

The Air time of the battery on my Evo...10/15 % better

it is all very personal but i have not used my MP in a while but have been having fun with the Evo

I hope you don't have the need to deal with them..they are sorely lacking on every aspect of Customer service

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller