Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Nano PLUS - RAW RYYB - How to edit.

That's right! JPGs are not bad, but RAWs provide a far better result - if you put some (much) effort into it.
I would also love RAW files showing correct colors - but if we go nitpicking: Would that be RAW files anymore?

Of course they would be, you can still edit as you like but they have to fix the radial colour issue, its clear that they have a profile that can correct it in camera, why not share it with these program developers? Or create downloadable profiles for the user to import themselves?

Of course they would be, you can still edit as you like but they have to fix the radial colour issue, its clear that they have a profile that can correct it in camera, why not share it with these program developers? Or create downloadable profiles for the user to import themselves?
I am not sure if color corrected RAWs are still RAWs, but that's a matter of definition. ;)
And OF COURSE they should share their profiles! That lack is just the greatest nuisance when working with the Nano's RAWs.
Autel also needs to provide far more (useful) feedback in forums like this.

Autel also needs to provide far more (useful) feedback in forums like this.
Absolutely, it's disappointing because it's got great video and night ability but if I can't capture the reds of the cliffs and the blues of the oceans then it's pointless for me
Video people rightfully love the nano+, photo people not so much

New user of 6-may-firmware Nano+, latest Adobe Cloud updates LR en PS.
Just did a quick-and-dirty Colorpassport profile in Daylight. And opened a non-interesting shot from the table in my backyard.
Nu color cast issues.

Attachments

• 20220509-MAX_0005-Edit.jpg
    20220509-MAX_0005-Edit.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 17
You still might have to go down on tint a little and play with warmth to get the colors the way you like them. Also vignetting can be removed if desired.. Overall big improvement!

hey all i have a 3 day old Nano plus, as a keen photographer i LOVE the quality of this camera in video and jpeg, but I edit i all my images in raw, however the raw files created by this drone are AWFUL, has anyone found a edot work around to fit it? ive tried a few suggestions in here but so far they look like they've got a half color cast and a half sunglasses filter.

Hi guys, When I use Adobe Photoshop or ACDsee Photo Studio to open DNG files, there is a negative vignette in them. Is there any solution to avoid this vignette effect? I use Nano plus for spherical panorama photography and when I stitch converted images, the final output contains repeated dark areas.

Attachments

• MAX_0091.JPG
    MAX_0091.JPG
    8.1 MB · Views: 22
  • MAX_0091 Panorama-t.jpg
    MAX_0091 Panorama-t.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
You still might have to go down on tint a little and play with warmth to get the colors the way you like them. Also vignetting can be removed if desired.. Overall big improvement!

OMDG. I can't believe that an Autel rep responds, but says nothing about a color profile that actually fixes the issue for us. Sort of like what every major brand of camera has... The must have something or they wouldn't be able to correct for JPG's.... ><

Hi. RAW files from nano plus are strange. After import to LR are green. This is some XL724 priofile. JPEG are really nice (second picture) Any idea how to edit this files? How to edit this RYYB files?

View attachment 12896

JPEG - nice.

View attachment 12897
My workflow is: 1)PhotoNinja (primary distortion/aberration correction) - 2)Darktable (fine adjustment & enhancement).

I get the same kind of DNG horror show when I import the OOC RAW to PhotoNinja. If I bypass PhotoNinja and import the same DNG directly to Darktable: the DNG behaves very nicely indeed - no horrible colour cast at all and the reds and magentas aren't recognised as chromatic aberrations (they are in PhotoNinja). Had a word with Jim Christian (developer of PhotoNinja) and he reckons it might be down to having fast load data embedded. Looks like Lightroom does exactly the same. Try using Darktable - it really is a hair's breadth away from being Lightroom's equal... and it is open source.

My workflow is: 1)PhotoNinja (primary distortion/aberration correction) - 2)Darktable (fine adjustment & enhancement).

I get the same kind of DNG horror show when I import the OOC RAW to PhotoNinja. If I bypass PhotoNinja and import the same DNG directly to Darktable: the DNG behaves very nicely indeed - no horrible colour cast at all and the reds and magentas aren't recognised as chromatic aberrations (they are in PhotoNinja). Had a word with Jim Christian (developer of PhotoNinja) and he reckons it might be down to having fast load data embedded. Looks like Lightroom does exactly the same. Try using Darktable - it really is a hair's breadth away from being Lightroom's equal... and it is open source.
Don't care any more about this not useful raws from Nano Plus. This drone make's me...

Hi I am new to Autel. I was greatly attracted to the Nano Plus and bought it in May 22. So 6 months in my review is that the video and JPEGs are fine. Perfectly usable professionally. The RAW is impossible to work with. Almost to the point where buyers should be able to ask for a refund. What were they thinking of when they allowed this camera out on the public. It is sad, because I had almost made the decision to switch to Autel from DJI, but this issue has stopped me in my tracks.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials