Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Nano PLUS - RAW RYYB - How to edit.

Admund

Reaction score
Hi. RAW files from nano plus are strange. After import to LR are green. This is some XL724 priofile. JPEG are really nice (second picture) Any idea how to edit this files? How to edit this RYYB files?

Clipboard01.jpg

JPEG - nice.

Clipboard02.jpg

Its an unresolved reported bug in Adobe carried over from the Huawei Phones which use the same sensor. If you put an example in a dropbox or other format that is downloadable, I will see if I can figure out how to correct it.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
So... using Lightroom Classic on your RAW / DNG, I attempted to mimic your JPEG file. I had to wildly change the hue of orange and yellow. I also made some smaller adjustments to the primary colors. The result is a photo much closer to the JPEG you provided. I didn't spend too much time at it, just a couple of quick changes with the hue sliders so it still has a ways to go. But it does show that the RAW is usable. I have it attached below. The first photo is your RAW, the second is the JPEG from your Nano+ and the third is the one I created in LrC.

I also tried opening the DNG files in a variety of RAW editors that I have.... none were able to produce even a semblance of accurate colors so you can assume that the problem comes straight from the drone. Until Autel provides a corrective profile that we can import into Photoshop and Lightroom the fix will have to come from the user. Adjust the DNG images until they work for you, then save the profile as a starting point to use on subsequent photos.

Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 1.05.46 PM.png

MAX_0113.JPG

B127FC1B-D6FD-4A86-892C-C2769D40CC31_1_201_a.jpeg

So... using Lightroom Classic on your RAW / DNG, I attempted to mimic your JPEG file. I had to wildly change the hue of orange and yellow. I also made some smaller adjustments to the primary colors. The result is a photo much closer to the JPEG you provided. I didn't spend too much time at it, just a couple of quick changes with the hue sliders so it still has a ways to go. But it does show that the RAW is usable. I have it attached below. The first photo is your RAW, the second is the JPEG from your Nano+ and the third is the one I created in LrC.

I also tried opening the DNG files in a variety of RAW editors that I have.... none were able to produce even a semblance of accurate colors so you can assume that the problem comes straight from the drone. Until Autel provides a corrective profile that we can import into Photoshop and Lightroom the fix will have to come from the user. Adjust the DNG images until they work for you, then save the profile as a starting point to use on subsequent photos.

View attachment 12909

View attachment 12908

Can you send me this profile you created?

Can you send me this profile you created?
I didn't actually make a profile because I only spent a few minutes working on it. Owning the Nano+, I would spend a bit of time to create a profile and apply it to a few images before settling on one. I'm attaching screenshots of the only adjustments I made below and they were made purely by eye. The adjustments show how important it is for Autel to release a profile to fix this...... look at the second image too see how out of whack things really are.

Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 12.32.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 12.33.20 PM.png

I didn't actually make a profile because I only spent a few minutes working on it. Owning the Nano+, I would spend a bit of time to create a profile and apply it to a few images before settling on one. I'm attaching screenshots of the only adjustments I made below and they were made purely by eye. The adjustments show how important it is for Autel to release a profile to fix this...... look at the second image too see how out of whack things really are.

View attachment 12917

View attachment 12918
Yes i see. I think same situation will be in EVO Lite (without plus). Same RYYB sensor.

Reactions: Eagle928
Yes i see. I think same situation will be in EVO Lite (without plus). Same RYYB sensor.
If you are willing to spend $120 another option to consider is to create a custom camera profile in LR with the color checker passport:
It is very simple to do, essentially you take a picture of the color table with your camera(nano at this case) and software will create a camera profile which you can save into the LR.In my experience it is mostly designed to create photos with "correct"colors(important if you shoot products etc).It is likely that the RAW files still are going to be different from the JPEGs as camera manufacturers not necessarily try to recreate "correct" colors but to make it aesthetically pleasing.However it is going to be a much better starting point for editing.If any of the nano plus owners live in Northern NJ I could do it using my copy of color checker.
Cheers

Last edited:
@Saladshooter got pleasant look. I tried to play with these files as well. We definitely need ICC/DCP profile for Nano+'s RYYB sensor. I did some reading to find out that the sensor is somehow related to Leica-Huawei products.
Here is JPG:
1643041692503.png
And here the raw file after few edits in RawTherapee (I tried to get it close to JPG with very little enhancements):
1643041738734.png
1. First of all the credit goes to the author of this post:
...applying profile Huawei P40 Main (lighter).dcp
2. White balance: more magenta tint ant shift to red little bit
3. Little more contrast + local contrast
4. Darken highlights just a bit
5. "Negative" vignette - DNG compared to JPG has obvious vignetting
6. Surprisingly there is no distortion at all, apparently it is fixed in-drone.
That's it.

Reactions: Admund
@Saladshooter got pleasant look. I tried to play with these files as well. We definitely need ICC/DCP profile for Nano+'s RYYB sensor. I did some reading to find out that the sensor is somehow related to Leica-Huawei products.
Here is JPG:
Looks good.... a little bit too shifted toward magenta. I can see it in the clouds and in the foreground snow but just like my edit, it shows that the RAW is workable.

Here is JPG:
View attachment 12948
And here the raw file after few edits in RawTherapee (I tried to get it close to JPG with very little enhancements):
View attachment 12949
That's it.

I think it is not easy and take too much time to edit this dng. Jpg in my opinion looks a way better.
Yesterday i got DNG's from Lite Plus... and are awesome. Only 5 minutes of editing and look great. It should be same in Nano Plus.

From Lite Plus:
fb1wawa4-1.jpg

FB1__bwawa5-1.jpg

FB_3wawa7-1.jpg

Last edited:
Raw from nano plus are not usable now. Autel should make something with this ASAP, or they will lose customers fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saladshooter
Thanks, much appreciated. Any chance of doing a set of raw files with various ISO settings in the early evening or at night!? he new firmware is taking the picture size to the full 50MB. This is where it might really become intersting!

Here is JPG:
View attachment 12948
View attachment 12949
That's it.
Can you add these presets to Lightroom mobile? Or just classic?

I want to be able to edit these dng files on my mobile but it’s impossible with these files as the colours are so off due the ryyb sensor.. surely autel can fix this

@Admund That maybe so, but would still love to see the DNG's, specially for low light and high ISO. Need to know how far to push this, so only sample DNG's will tell. Please post some if you are able to do so

Better shot in JPG. RAW are useless.
Not if you're post editing. If you zoom into the 50mp Jpg files versus the 12mp DNG, the latter has so much more detail resulting in better flexibility. At this point, I'd rather import the 12mp DNG with the incorrect tones and correct it in post. To me, the 50mp JPG files are useless when it comes to post processing.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teeguy