Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel nano plus and sand.

LostInTheSauce

Reaction score
I flew my nano plus and end up landing pretty hard in some soft sand that got in the motors. Any way to clean the motors out and if so do I need to oil or grease the motors afterwards?

?This is tricky, if there was any magnetic particles in the sand they are now stuck to the magnets.

compressed air may be the best option?.. could also try flushing with distilled or deionized water (not regular warter) but use compressed air immediately after to dry it off.

do not use any lubricants, the brushless motors use a series of permeant and temporary electro-magnets to spin so nothing touching other than the small bearing at the axis of the motor

I flew my nano plus and end up landing pretty hard in some soft sand that got in the motors. Any way to clean the motors out and if so do I need to oil or grease the motors afterwards?
Good morning Ed here, I used to race JRXT RC electric trucks. At the time we used trichloroethylene, I would immerse the electric motor in a jar of trichloroethylene attach my battery to the motor and let it spin everything out being on dirt tracks just happened on a regular basis between races. Warning, the stuff is very unhealthy to breathe and not good for any living organism. I’ve been out of that hobby for a while and now I see they use brake cleaner with a little 8th inch hose or the device it comes with it and spray the motor out and then run the motor and spray it out again and repeat. I would advise that you be very careful around plastics with the brake cleaner so I don’t know how difficult it is to remove a motor and clean it and reinstall it but those are some of the things we did in the earlier days. I have an Evo 2 Pro. I have flown along beaches but I always use a landing pad to land the drone on which I also checked the landing pad for sand before I land on it I try not to land anywhere around Sugarsand I try to see if the sand is hard packed in the area I fly. I don’t believe you’re going to want oil of any sorts in the electric motor. I have heard of people using dry lubricants but I’ll refrain from that. I hope this helps have a great day!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
celso