Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel EVO in a little corner of Miami

Very cool! Miami is certainly worthy of filming. Lots to see! Thanks for sharing. ?Maybe we should all divulge our camera setting for the particular vid's we post? This might help those of us who are learning as we go, and keep from wasting time and effort. It really stinks when you get home and realize you took horrible video when you swore it would rock! ? That just happened to me today. I got brave and went manual on camera settings, then I got the bright idea to up the WB and go to Vivid color. Figured since it was a cloudy day....WRONG! The footage was blown out and looked like garbage. SMH.

• Haha
Reactions: Ansia
hmmmmmmm
you know that's a tough because different situations require different settings, there is no absolute, otherwise the manual settings would be useless. It really irks me when someone posts "BEST SETTINGS FOR AUTEL EVO" or "Mavic Pro" or whatever. I use auto white balance for the most part although all the YT experts will tell you not to, to date I haven't had an issue and when I do I will adjust for it (hopefully) in post. Some will prefer a manual setting and then adjust in post. WB is the least of my problems so far. The EVO camera is so easy, bno focus no aperture to worry about. put the bird in the air about the altitude and direction you plan to fly, look at your histogram, or well activate it first, the Graf ideally should be middle biased. though there is a trend to lean it towards the right "expose right" they say, but I find that to blow out your clouds and anything white, yes like BOATS.If you lean towards over exposure when you compensate in post you have no place to go, the white becomes a dirty gray that I personally hate, so I rather expose on the safe side. With the EVO I use the "NONE" color profile and believe or not I do no color grading, just add or subtract lights or darks for exposure compensation. Trust me, even if you blow a couple of flights, little by little you willet the hang of it, the histogram is your friend, color profiles are not necessarily your friend, vivid is over saturated NONE is great and still leaves room to work. Practice, Practice, Practice. I am by no means an expert do of course take my words for what they are, an opinion. There are a few other videos on my channel of the Miami area, you may want to look and share your opinion.

Very nice, it looks warm! Ok, I’m going to start obnoxiously pointing-out each video with some water in it, LOL :)

hmmmmmmm
you know that's a tough because different situations require different settings, there is no absolute, otherwise the manual settings would be useless. It really irks me when someone posts "BEST SETTINGS FOR AUTEL EVO" or "Mavic Pro" or whatever. I use auto white balance for the most part although all the YT experts will tell you not to, to date I haven't had an issue and when I do I will adjust for it (hopefully) in post. Some will prefer a manual setting and then adjust in post. WB is the least of my problems so far. The EVO camera is so easy, bno focus no aperture to worry about. put the bird in the air about the altitude and direction you plan to fly, look at your histogram, or well activate it first, the Graf ideally should be middle biased. though there is a trend to lean it towards the right "expose right" they say, but I find that to blow out your clouds and anything white, yes like BOATS.If you lean towards over exposure when you compensate in post you have no place to go, the white becomes a dirty gray that I personally hate, so I rather expose on the safe side. With the EVO I use the "NONE" color profile and believe or not I do no color grading, just add or subtract lights or darks for exposure compensation. Trust me, even if you blow a couple of flights, little by little you willet the hang of it, the histogram is your friend, color profiles are not necessarily your friend, vivid is over saturated NONE is great and still leaves room to work. Practice, Practice, Practice. I am by no means an expert do of course take my words for what they are, an opinion. There are a few other videos on my channel of the Miami area, you may want to look and share your opinion.
Tell me about it. Did a flight this morning. All my video was overexposed and was pure garbage. I preferred to delete everything and try again next weekend.

Reactions: mixchief
The more you try the more you succeed. I don't recall if you can see the settings created when you are in auto, since I just don't use it, take a look at what happens with the camera in automatic, I believe if you have the settings open you can see how the settings change from lets say launch to the altitude you select to fly and film. when you are in the light conditions you will be doing most of the recording in switch to manual, I believe the settings from auto will keep and you will have a consistent session. Don't quote me on this procedure with the EVO, I haven't done it myself, but most current camera systems allow for this process, you might want to write down the settings or take a screenshot go to manual and copy the settings, always have the histogram on screen and make sure you are not feeding too much info to the right, review your video either on the field or back at home, but try to look at the sd card output rather than the transmitted review within the app just so you are assured to see the best quality video, hopefully it will be consistent and concise. Little by little you will see that as you move and setup shots, that the histogram is your best friend. Keep enjoying your bird

The more you try the more you succeed. I don't recall if you can see the settings created when you are in auto, since I just don't use it, take a look at what happens with the camera in automatic, I believe if you have the settings open you can see how the settings change from lets say launch to the altitude you select to fly and film. when you are in the light conditions you will be doing most of the recording in switch to manual, I believe the settings from auto will keep and you will have a consistent session. Don't quote me on this procedure with the EVO, I haven't done it myself, but most current camera systems allow for this process, you might want to write down the settings or take a screenshot go to manual and copy the settings, always have the histogram on screen and make sure you are not feeding too much info to the right, review your video either on the field or back at home, but try to look at the sd card output rather than the transmitted review within the app just so you are assured to see the best quality video, hopefully it will be consistent and concise. Little by little you will see that as you move and setup shots, that the histogram is your best friend. Keep enjoying your bird
Also make sure there aren't any. Mosquitos. Those evil creatures will not leave you alone and you won't be able to concentrate.

Also make sure there aren't any. Mosquitos. Those evil creatures will not leave you alone and you won't be able to concentrate.
Mosquitos? Don't remember what those are. ;)

This was shot on auto. I thought about boosting EV a stop or two, but as this was my second flight ever, I just winged it and hoped for the best. l adjusted levels in my video editor to get the snow looking a bit more natural, as the camera tends to expose for a neutral 18% gray.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles