Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AUTEL EVO II FIRMWARE UPDATE: Constantly updated ( new V1 STABLE fw 2.7.35) - 28/02/2022 - (NEW V2 STABLE fw 2.3.8 - 19/04/2022)

I just tried to firmware 2.5.11 beta version but it can't be match version

flight control ==> 0.0.1.106
also other control different version.

Why ?

Attachments

• 1602378915650.png
    1602378915650.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 18
  • KakaoTalk_20201011_100033112.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20201011_100033112.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 19
That battery updates to 0.13. I copied the firmware to the sdcard for each of my batteries. It updated all 4 times because of each battery had to be updated. So I can confirm you need to do the firmware upgrade for each battery.

Reactions: PingSpike
I'm not used to Autel Pilot yet, but I post it.
My firmware is in the same state as Mr. Kim.
As regards the battery, it is V0.0.13.0 for all batteries.IMG_6906.jpg

Tried 2.5.11 at the weekend for a couple of hours, no disasters... but didn't try any smart features... however although compass cal, gimble cal worked fine, the IMU calibration only ever gets as far as step 3 and stops with an error... IMU calibration failed... tried many times, never gets past 3... will try smart features this week weather willing... Ta

I've done Orbit and Smart Orbit. The smart orbit worked fine from about 150' up and targeted on my in ground pool. The Time Lapse has worked fine except for yesterday's incident in the foggy conditions. I submitted a case to Autel for that this morning.

Has anyone checked their AirdataUAV flight records yet? Mine all look like this since installing beta; user is getting no actual flight data, tells me I flew around the earth multiple times, think it went to the sun too according to recorded battery temp! Time to roll back, gotta have accurate flight data.

Attachments

• 2020-10-12 (2).png
    2020-10-12 (2).png
    263 KB · Views: 17
  • 2020-10-12 (3).png
    2020-10-12 (3).png
    81.1 KB · Views: 17
  • g.png
    g.png
    184.4 KB · Views: 15
Have you passed this feedback to Autel @Seated_Perspectives ?

UPDATE

So the Autel app plays the flights ok, granted it is missing a lot of the information airdata provides but it is recording flight data, just turns to gibberish when it hits airdatauav.

Not yet. Gonna fire off a ticket for them shortly. Something whako is going on with the units GPS with this firmware but this probobly means none of the GPS related flight data is being properly recorded in the bird either; and pretty sure Autel uses that data to determine if a crash was operator or mechanical failure for warranty purposes; probobly gonna want that important piece of the puzzle to work right. If it is loosing satellite this bad in wide open spaces where 20+ sats is the norm, roll back cause they broke something in this one.

Last edited:
UPDATE

So the Autel app plays the flights ok, granted it is missing a lot of the information airdata provides but it is recording flight data, just turns to gibberish when it hits airdatauav.

Not yet. Gonna fire off a ticket for them shortly. Something whako is going on with the units GPS with this firmware but this probobly means none of the GPS related flight data is being properly recorded in the bird either; and pretty sure Autel uses that data to determine if a crash was operator or mechanical failure for warranty purposes; probobly gonna want that important piece of the puzzle to work right. If it is loosing satellite this bad in wide open spaces where 20+ sats is the norm, roll back cause they broke something in this one.

Can't be all bad as RTH is landing on a dime. So likely just a logging issue not an aircraft issue. If it was really that bad RTH would fail miserably and all sorts of other things would be going wrong which are not. It could be something as simple as an extra character being stuck in the log data messing up the gps location data. They need to fix it but the bird isn't flying like there is a problem. So likely just a log issue.

UPDATE

If the explorer shows the flight log correctly, might be there some problem in Airdata? In the beginning, they did not show in-flight wind, I wright to Airdata and they fixed it in a few days.

Hi, confirmed, my flight data shows me flying around South Africa (I'm in UK by the way...) in Airdata UAV, or around the world...
Also, I cannot get IMU to calibrate, gets as far as step 3 then fails... anyone else tried it or have the same problem.. ?

Could use a little help. Think I spotted part of the issue with horizon tilt this morning shooting a Hyperlapse. So other day, I had a situation where the horizon got to almost 45 degrees which I reported to Autel. This morning shooting another one with the new app I started seeing it again. But here is how I fixed it. I would just nudge the right stick to move the drone a smidge and then it would self level. So, it appears that if the drone is just hovering and not fighting the wind that there is no automatic timer for them to check the IMU to level the gimbal. It might explain some of the weird horizon stuff people have seen. If the drone is moving it seems to work fine. Which is the case even in the video I did with the 40+ mph winds. When the wind is bouncing the drone then its adjusting the gimbal as well. But if the drone is perfectly still its not firing its leveling code is my best guess.

I also reported that the gimbal seems to be tilting when sitting still for long periods of time. Not sure why it's tilting when there is no stick or wind.

So if you get a chance and have perfect weather, no wind, try a time lapse / hyperlapse or any other shot for that matter, just don't give stick input and let it hover, and see if it slowly starts tilting. It looks like they need to put a timer in to fire that code for when the other triggers aren't fired. There was a facebook post yesterday where a guy was inside his house with the drone on but not flying. He was moving the drone by hand and the horizon was correcting itself. That is what sort of triggered it for me that they aren't always doing the correction.

Last edited:
Reactions: drrags
If the explorer shows the flight log correctly, might be there some problem in Airdata? In the beginning, they did not show in-flight wind, I wright to Airdata and they fixed it in a few days.

They said on facebook the problem lies in the APP update, not the drone itself or Airdata, they are pointing fingers now at the app dev team.

Could use a little help. Think I spotted part of the issue with horizon tilt this morning shooting a Hyperlapse. So other day, I had a situation where the horizon got to almost 45 degrees which I reported to Autel. This morning shooting another one with the new app I started seeing it again. But here is how I fixed it. I would just nudge the right stick to move the drone a smidge and then it would self level. So, it appears that if the drone is just hovering and not fighting the wind that there is no automatic timer for them to check the IMU to level the gimbal. It might explain some of the weird horizon stuff people have seen. If the drone is moving it seems to work fine. Which is the case even in the video I did with the 40+ mph winds. When the wind is bouncing the drone then its adjusting the gimbal as well. But if the drone is perfectly still its not firing its leveling code is my best guess.

I also reported that the gimbal seems to be tilting when sitting still for long periods of time. Not sure why it's tilting when there is no stick or wind.

So if you get a chance and have perfect weather, no wind, try a time lapse / hyperlapse or any other shot for that matter and see if it slowly starts tilting. It looks like they need to put a timer in to fire that code for when the other triggers aren't fired.

I really wish they would at least acknowledge this issue, give me some kind of false hope. Mine are just terrible, one second 2 degrees to the right, 30 seconds later 2 degrees to the left. Im so sick of leveling horizons in Adobe and its absolutely the first thing I tell anyone who asks me about purchasing this drone, I steer them right to the arms of DJI because its just such low hanging fruit for them not to have picked by now.

Last edited:
Firmware is now 1.1.7.9 as of yesterday... no explanation I can see...

Firmware is now 1.1.7.9 as of yesterday... no explanation I can see...
Application version not firmware version. The firmware is still 2.5.11 :). They renamed Timelapse to Hyperlapse is all I've seen so far.

Yes your right, sorry, mind I've got so many APP versions and Firmware versions it's hard to keep up, loading them, trying them... it's almost a full time job, especially as the battery updated software does need to be done for each battery.. this is a bit like covid 19, try one thing then try another until hopefully they get it right.. I know this is BETA but strewth... don't get a chance to fly, always doing updates... ha-ha.

So if you get a chance and have perfect weather, no wind, try a time lapse / hyperlapse or any other shot for that matter, just don't give stick input and let it hover, and see if it slowly starts tilting. It looks like they need to put a timer in to fire that code for when the other triggers aren't fired. There was a facebook post yesterday where a guy was inside his house with the drone on but not flying. He was moving the drone by hand and the horizon was correcting itself. That is what sort of triggered it for me that they aren't always doing the correction.
So I just did a test at hover height with a Level on a table for like 12+ minutes and it didn't move around on me. A tad breezy so the drone was moving a bit plus its own wake off the tile floor. So, I took it outside my pool cage and took off and lined the grid up on my pool cage. I was able to do a 3 minute test that way and it stayed level. I presume the hover one stayed level because of the ground sensors which is why I wanted to do the pool cage test at 20' up give or take.

Saw another weird thing. My first test with hover I didn't have a sdcard in and I kept getting video signal weak form like 3' away from the drone. I did a 2nd test and moved the drone a bit more under the lanei to get out of the breeze and put the sdcard in, and got no video link issues. I was a bit further away like 6' on that 2nd test. Maybe too strong a signal on the first one? /scratcheshead

Overall, it still feels really good flying. I haven't seen anything that scares me to the point of not flying like 2.50. No drifts and no getting lost on GPS so far for me. Just that weird gimbal tilt.

Reactions: Quad808

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy