Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!

AUTEL EVO II FIRMWARE UPDATE: Constantly updated ( new STABLE fw 2.5.18) - 21 dec 2020

RkamilC

Reaction score
Does anyone knew what's "Added cross-hatch feature in Polygon missions" feature? Grid option was already available.

Also Oblique looking little strange, there is no visibility of mission order. Sometimes some of directions disappear. Additionaly it seems that camera pitch angle should have an impact on patch distance from border lines. Displayed area should bo rather only terrain area, not multiplicated like now.

Should be possible to disable normal photogrametry path in oblique.

Resolution of photos automaticcaly changes to 4000x3000 after mission start if it's not changed manualy before.

GSD still not corresponded to photo resolution, and anyway still always incorrectly calculated.

In order of IMU calibration images is little mistake (up<->down), but anyway great improvement (could be same for compass)

On 8k in mission there's no max photo 8000x6000 resolution available

Other functions work's great.

Last edited:

TheMann58

Reaction score
Yes. Nothing new populating in TestFlight when I check. Do you have v1.8.13???
No new iOS Beta app as yet. Autel may have quickly discovered a few more bugs and immediately pulled it, or is holding for another incremental beta firmware release.

Cicero24

Reaction score
No new iOS Beta app as yet. Autel may have quickly discovered a few more bugs and immediately pulled it, or is holding for another incremental beta firmware release.
Okay. Thanks. I thought I was going crazy because I couldn’t find it anywhere and Autel’s link was unsuccessful and the link with the announcement on here kept looping me to the public version. I even called Autel and the CS rep was condescending and was adamant that the link posted on the website had the Beta for iOS available now and something must be wrong with my phone or computer. I don’t think they’re on top of their game. This marks a few times I have called an their own reps have given me bad information.

lukappaseidue

Reaction score
21 december 2020
released EVO II stable fw 2.5.18
This firmware package V2.5.12 contains the following component updates:

COMPONENTVERSION
Flight ControlV0.0.4.7
CameraV0.2.30.30
Remote ControllerV2.0.4.5
RC PanelV3.0.11.0
Image TransmissionV1.1.1.41
RC Image TransmissionV1.1.1.41
GimbalV0.1.41.0
BatteryV0.0.14.0
Vision ModuleV0.2.30.30
SonarV1.2.1.25
ESC1-4V1.0.3.6

Release Notes:​

• New Features:
  • - EVO II aircraft activation
  • - Added Oblique photography mission mode
  • - Added the option to turn off the LED indicators on front and rear arms
  • - Added the option for Beta users to roll back the firmware to the latest public released version
  • - Added radiometric support for infiRay 640T sensor in picture-in-picture mode
  • - Added cross-hatch feature in Polygon missions
  • - Users can manually input GPS coordinates in Waypoint missions

• Bug Fixes and Optimizations:
  • - Optimized takeoff button hold time to eliminate accidental activations
  • - Optimized the IMU calibration diagram display
  • - Optimized the warning message display times
  • - Fixed mobile flight logs display error in iOS
  • - Fixed the EXP setting saving issue in Android
  • - Fixed English translation errors

• Notes: please download and upgrade the Autel Explorer App to iOS 1.8.13 or Android V1.1.7.19 before upgrading the firmware. You will be asked to activate your aircraft after you install the new FW, connect to the app and follow to steps to finish activation (Internet connection on your mobile device is required).

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro

Dariobs

Reaction score
Thanks, updated both drone and phone app.
I've tried to change batteries to see if an update pop-up appeared for the other ones, however that was not the case. So it seems it is not required to proceed with the update as many times as spare batteries we have right?

MeHardy

Reaction score
Today I see Firmware released
Version 2.5.18
Dec-22-2020

Anybody out there have any experience with it?

The Release Notes are for Version 2.5.12.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyclackphoto