Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AUTEL EVO II FIRMWARE UPDATE: Constantly updated ( new V1 STABLE fw 2.7.35) - 28/02/2022 - (NEW V2 STABLE fw 2.3.8 - 19/04/2022)

Ok after testing with 2.5.12 with Android 1.1.7.10 here are my results and the error isn't always fixed.

First Gimbal Calibration:
  1. Default UV lens = successful
  2. Freewell ND (non CPL) = successful
  3. Freewell ND/CPL = Fails

Startup Gimbal tests.

Start Evo II first let it setup and turn on RC and load app.
  1. All filters were successful and got no Gimbal net ready error including the ND/CPL filter that failed during gimbal calibration.

Start the RC and App first and then start the Evo II:
  1. All give gimbal not ready error

Bottom line, app being loaded first still causes the gimbal not ready error. Seems they may need to fix the application too.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... I spend more time updating Software and Firmware than I do flying... :cool:
Never having had a DJI (nor really wanting one...) is it similar for their updates.... ?

Ta

Reactions: skipper1
Well that was a definitive answer... ha-ha.. I guess DJI have been slowly incrementing their software over quite a few years, no doubt there have been some problems though, so what are AUTEL doing wrong ? lack of quality control, the guy's doing the software dont know anything about drones and probably software by the looks of it.. I've seen that one of the guys doing the AUTEL software lives and works in Spain and obviously does all his updates on the kitchen table I guess, nothing wrong with that as at the moment that's what I have to do, well not quite the kitchen table.

Cheers

Just updated to 2.5.12 with Android 1.1.7.10 and still have the problem I reported in post #177, this thread (progresses to item #4 in IMU cal and then hangs and fails). I had called Autel a second time at the end of last week before 2.5.12 was released and was not able to get Dave on the line. The individual I spoke to seemed rather casual about my issue and I pressed him on my concern about using the EVO before the IMU issue was resolved. He indicated that there shouldn't be any problem, but I am not convinced. I'm starting to think that Autel doesn't have a handle on this issue and is shooting in the dark. Oh, and I still get the "Gimbal is not ready" bug...

OK, I had same problem, you know from #3 onwards the drone needs to be on its side... (edge) but not for the last two I think it is... once I knew this it was all OK.... the diagram is not clear.... The Gimble not ready I can live with, it's just the APP software checks the status a split second to early some times and I guess it is the Firmware that is doing the actual calibration, they just need syncing better but pretty certain it is not a real problem, just a bit annoying...

Cheers

Last edited:
OK, I had same problem, you know from #3 onwards the drone needs to be on its side... (edge) but not for the last two I think it is... once I knew this it was all OK.... the diagram is not clear....

Cheers
Thanks. Yes, I've been doing the IMU cal correctly according to the diagram. I even confirmed the procedure with the two Autel support people. One told me to fold the arms in to do the procedure while the other said in or out - makes no difference. Again, Dave said it has been reported by some owners, but I never saw any reports that got to step #4 and failed - they were failing at step #3. I suspect I'll end up sending this unit back to Autel eventually. Very frustrating...

Hi, I was probably one of the ones who reported it... ha-ha... tried dozens of times then the info I got on here sorted it... took my time, made certain when it was on it's side it didn't move at all, followed the diagram to the letter, the on its side, facing the correct way is difficult to balance without moving it, then it was fine and passed easily, I have done it a few times since and always good, try again, it sounds so much like mine was to start, sending it back would be a real pain. Cheers, good luck.

Hi, I was probably one of the ones who reported it... ha-ha... tried dozens of times then the info I got on here sorted it... took my time, made certain when it was on it's side it didn't move at all, followed the diagram to the letter, the on its side, facing the correct way is difficult to balance without moving it, then it was fine and passed easily, I have done it a few times since and always good, try again, it sounds so much like mine was to start, sending it back would be a real pain. Cheers, good luck.
Let me ask you directly: were your initial failures at step #3 or step #4? Every failure I've seen reported was at step #3, while mine are at step #4. I've regressed the firmware more than a few times and then did firmware updates both over the air and with a pre-loaded SD card. I've held the drone in position at each step as others have - I get fail at step #4. I've placed the drone on a stable table at each step - I get fail at step #4. There is an issue here that goes beyond normal and it may be more than just the IMU.

I've been flying drones since the early days of 3D Robotics as well as a few DJI Phantoms and Mavics but this Evo 2 acts more like an unfinished product than any I've owned in the past.

I found this useful...

It was initially always #3 for me but I was not doing it correctly or moving it to much and left the props on , now OK.

I know. But I needed to revert back to 2.5.11 to troubleshoot a problem/bug I found. I found 2.5.11 in another thread though. So I was able to figure out that the problem only occurs in 2.5.12 .But thanks anyway.

I know. But I needed to revert back to 2.5.11 to troubleshoot a problem/bug I found. I found 2.5.11 in another thread though. So I was able to figure out that the problem only occurs in 2.5.12 .But thanks anyway.
Well glad you found what you were looking for. If I\we knew that you needed the file as you did not explain the problem we\I could have directed you to the right link. Always nice to fill in the blanks when ever possible. Providing as much information as possible will get you faster results.

Hi all, I know this question got asked a couple of times before, I got 3 batteries and only actively updated the firmware once, however when I check the version status for the 3 of them, they seem to be up to the latest one. Does the update happen automatically? As far as I'm aware of, I did not have to actively proceed with separate updates for each of the 3 batteries I have.

Thanks!

All batteries need to be done separately, however a firmware update doesn't necessarily always apply to the batteries as well, so the firmware version for them may stay the same over several iterations of general update.

Reactions: PingSpike

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials