Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel EVO II Enterprise Series Unveiled!

For those considering the Evo 2 Enterprise, be aware that it has severe software problems and Autel support will just ignore you. I've had tickets open for 1. RTK won't stay connected to anything. 2. Missions crash on resume so often that I now plan an extra 5 minutes per battery change so I can do the restart/relaunch dance over and over until I get lucky. 3. The last firmware update trashed landing accuracy. I resolved the last one by resetting and going back down a version and now the bird will actually land properly. These tickets have been open for 4 weeks and in that time Autel reached out with status updates only after I started emailing executives. And then a week later they stopped responding at all. Save yourself the time and frustration and DO NOT buy this drone.

• Wow
Reactions: edgardcafe
For those considering the Evo 2 Enterprise, be aware that it has severe software problems and Autel support will just ignore you. I've had tickets open for 1. RTK won't stay connected to anything. 2. Missions crash on resume so often that I now plan an extra 5 minutes per battery change so I can do the restart/relaunch dance over and over until I get lucky. 3. The last firmware update trashed landing accuracy. I resolved the last one by resetting and going back down a version and now the bird will actually land properly. These tickets have been open for 4 weeks and in that time Autel reached out with status updates only after I started emailing executives. And then a week later they stopped responding at all. Save yourself the time and frustration and DO NOT buy this drone.
Please post app and firmware versions. Screenshots please. Your behavior doesn’t sound like you’re on correct app and firmware

Please post app and firmware versions. Screenshots please. Your behavior doesn’t sound like you’re on correct app and firmware
You already have this information. Again, this ticket has been open for A MONTH.

You already have this information. Again, this ticket has been open for A MONTH.
Well what I find odd is that the current firmware hasn’t been out for a month.. and no I do not have access to your case.

I suggest if you want help , try to provide the information as requested.

Well what I find odd is that the current firmware hasn’t been out for a month.. and no I do not have access to your case.

Ok, fine. Both were at latest versions but after receiving no help from Autel support, and reading another post that resetting the Smart Controller might make the RTK work correctly, I did so. In every case the SC is the one selecting what firmware to download. The current versions of all are shown below. Note that while it originally updated to the 2.1.67 firmware for the drone without issue, this time it errors out when attempting it. As the .67 update is the one that screwed up my landing accuracy, I did not pursue it any further.

Attachments

• PXL_20211119_203557505.jpg
    PXL_20211119_203557505.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20211119_203731297.jpg
    PXL_20211119_203731297.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20211119_203736964.jpg
    PXL_20211119_203736964.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20211119_204110837.jpg
    PXL_20211119_204110837.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20211119_204159692.jpg
    PXL_20211119_204159692.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
You will need to update to .67
Please load .67 firmware via sd card: Model-C_WiMaxPad_FW_V2.1.67.zip
Unzip the contents to the root of the SD card, make sure the files are not in a directory. Power on Smart RC and let it sit at the splash screen, power on craft with sd card and let everything sit without touching the RC. in about a minute or two you will see a black box providing update percentages.

After the update, please reset the SC to factory and then sideload .65 app version:

regarding .67 messing up landing accuracy, we can work on that once we get everything updated.

Reactions: vr-pilot

Side note: I first emailed problems on this device on 10/7, and I called before that. I don't care how long the firmware has been out, this thing has been a problem for...and I was wrong, *over* a month. I have all emails.

Side note: I first emailed problems on this device on 10/7, and I called before that. I don't care how long the firmware has been out, this thing has been a problem for...and I was wrong, *over* a month. I have all emails.
Golden, new firmware was released 10/29. Some dealer units were shipped out with mismatched firmware. This firmware was not even ENT firmware. So yes, the device probably didn’t work as it should.

You will need to update to .67
Please load .67 firmware via sd card: Model-C_WiMaxPad_FW_V2.1.67.zip
Unzip the contents to the root of the SD card, make sure the files are not in a directory. Power on Smart RC and let it sit at the splash screen, power on craft with sd card and let everything sit without touching the RC. in about a minute or two you will see a black box providing update percentages.

After the update, please reset the SC to factory and then sideload .65 app version:

regarding .67 messing up landing accuracy, we can work on that once we get everything updated.

All steps completed. Pics attached.

Attachments

• PXL_20211119_214542782.jpg
    PXL_20211119_214542782.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20211119_214550716.jpg
    PXL_20211119_214550716.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20211119_214555347.jpg
    PXL_20211119_214555347.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 6
Thank you. And to be clear, factory reset? Reason why I’m asking is because if not down this could be the cause of the RTK connection information .

Yes: "Reset to Factory Defaults," and I selected erase all. This was done both times. I did re-run RTK: same as last reset. It connected, stayed connected for about two minutes, then started cycling the whole "connected/disconnected" thing. Never left Single mode. Have confirmed login info with LVVWD three times.

Yes: "Reset to Factory Defaults," and I selected erase all. This was done both times. I did re-run RTK: same as last reset. It connected, stayed connected for about two minutes, then started cycling the whole "connected/disconnected" thing. Never left Single mode. Have confirmed login info with LVVWD three times.
Have you separated the networks?

Have you separated the networks?
Unclear what this means, I can post the login info I was given if you wish. Please note this is my first time dealing with an RTK, and I am not for a moment suggesting that I haven't made a mistake, I just haven't had any support to tell me if that's the case.

Unclear what this means, I can post the login info I was given if you wish. Please note this is my first time dealing with an RTK, and I am not for a moment suggesting that I haven't made a mistake, I just haven't had any support to tell me if that's the case.
You want to make sure the craft and RC is on the opposite band of the wifi / hotspot. Otherwise it will swamp the connection and you can see this behavior.

I will be around my craft in about an hour or two. If you want to DM me the connection information I can give it a try on a known working setup.

Reactions: vr-pilot
You want to make sure the craft and RC is on the opposite band of the wifi / hotspot. Otherwise it will swamp the connection and you can see this behavior.

I will be around my craft in about an hour or two. If you want to DM me the connection information I can give it a try on a known working setup.
Understood and will do.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials