Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Evo II dual - Mavic enterprise Dual

Interesting article on ICI (A company that has been on the rise supplying COVID-19 thermal imaging) about fully calibrated Boson cameras. The only reason I have not grabbed an Evo II Dual yet is the lack of advanced radiometric.

Interesting article on ICI (A company that has been on the rise supplying COVID-19 thermal imaging) about fully calibrated Boson cameras. The only reason I have not grabbed an Evo II Dual yet is the lack of advanced radiometric.
I'd agree, small size, battery & platform price all condusive to use for Radiometric various inspections... until the lack of Adv-R.
The XT R 640 continues to be best option... or it's new reissued version XTS.

If Anafi's new version one proves out or new M3P or M3E offers a 640R... EVO2 Dual will loose traction. I'm looking forward to seeing the Anafi Thermal 2, looks like a excellent small platform from the minimal leaks.

Reactions: advexure
Agree agree. I do inspection and the ISO/IEC 17025 require calibration for all testing tool.

Garret Bryl has a really good Youtube comparison of the EVO II Dual, ME2D, and the Xt2... EVO wins by a hair and significantly less expensive.. We've had some M210 XT2 customers come back and cancel orders in favor of the Dual and saved $10k.

Garret Bryl has a really good Youtube comparison of the EVO II Dual, ME2D, and the Xt2... EVO wins by a hair and significantly less expensive.. We've had some M210 XT2 customers come back and cancel orders in favor of the Dual and saved $10k.

Cool, went to see it - for others, here is a link:

That would be great to have both options offered, both options are needed to be competitive. At this time, I don’t believe there is a Boson 640 sensor even made in Advanced Radiometric. That would require a Radiometric calibrated sensor, which isn’t offered yet.

Although, capturing standard Radiometric values, less dense and accurate than advanced would be possible with additional software and image metadata. Would be a bit of a hybrid middle ground... but much lower cost too.

Yes, I was disappointed to find out it was not radiometric... but the clarity is awesome, it will still be very useful in many ways :)

@jaja6009 have you received your EVO2 Dual, did you decide to purchase? Opinions, observations? Have you looked at the Anafi replacement, new Anafi USA with 320 IR... any comparison opportunities?

The EVO2 Dual is a great platform!
It seems this is an exciting time for IR small platforms to challenge the M210 & XT2 setup.

The new Skydio X2, Anafi USA IR, and possibly a Mavic 3 with IR or Inspire 3 with IR payload. I’d enjoy seeing a new Inspire that regains a little more multi-role that the Inspire 1 held that the Inspire 2 moved away from.

All these new platforms within a short time period, will continue to stimulate technology. I’m curious to see DJI’s counter attack... they’ll delay while they revamp a little to insure market retention, might be a great time to purchase... many options to consider.

The Mavic 2 Enterprise and EVO II Dual should not be directly compared as they are two different animals with two very different FLIR cores (Lepton vs. Boson), but, it seems that most companies and agencies are most interested in seeing the true difference between the two of these platforms side-by-side, so here we are.

Below is a side by side comparison, and as noted on the comparison itself, these images are not taken from identical altitudes, but this is to further show the quality and resolution difference between a 160 and 640 resolution thermal sensor.

Advexure_M2ED_v_EV2D-Houses.jpg

The Mavic 2 Enterprise and EVO II Dual should not be directly compared as they are two different animals with two very different FLIR cores (Lepton vs. Boson), but, it seems that most companies and agencies are most interested in seeing the true difference between the two of these platforms side-by-side, so here we are.

Below is a side by side comparison, and as noted on the comparison itself, these images are not taken from identical altitudes, but this is to further show the quality and resolution difference between a 160 and 640 resolution thermal sensor.

View attachment 7871
Major difference, and note the 640 is nearly twice the altitude. The 640 is over 16X greater resolution.

@jaja6009 have you received your EVO2 Dual, did you decide to purchase? Opinions, observations? Have you looked at the Anafi replacement, new Anafi USA with 320 IR... any comparison opportunities?

The EVO2 Dual is a great platform!
It seems this is an exciting time for IR small platforms to challenge the M210 & XT2 setup.

The new Skydio X2, Anafi USA IR, and possibly a Mavic 3 with IR or Inspire 3 with IR payload. I’d enjoy seeing a new Inspire that regains a little more multi-role that the Inspire 1 held that the Inspire 2 moved away from.

All these new platforms within a short time period, will continue to stimulate technology. I’m curious to see DJI’s counter attack... they’ll delay while they revamp a little to insure market retention, might be a great time to purchase... many options to consider.

No we have not ordered a new drone yet. Right now Covid-19 really hit our budget hard. But the good news is that the protests have shown various stakeholders the benefit of having a drone, so it is a priority.
Last week we had a Zoom conference with FLIR about their hyper expensive Skyranger R70. It is quite impressive including its price! When inquiring on the thermal sensor I was told it was a Boson core (Their literature said a Tau 2). I asked what is with the Boson still not being radiometric. I received a dodge answer (Maybe they do not know). I stated to FLIR and our people that for me I would not want to go backwards in terms of all capabilities meaning if the current best overall thermal sensors offer 640 resolution and full radiometrics, then I think that I do not want the Boson.

I am putting together a capability and price comparison right now of: FLIR Sky Ranger, Parrot Anafi USA, Autel Evo II Dual, Skydio X2 and Matrice 300 with Quad Cam.

It is really exciting that there is right now a lot of choices for a low budget thermal drone(For a business or public entity). We may have to have a dealer bring the Evo II Dual, Anafi USA and Matrice 300 with Quad cam so we can do some demos.

The Evo II Dual right now is probably my favorite choice if all factors are considered. Big enough for someone to make a parachute safety system for it, mapping acquisition software finally built in, incredible resolution on the 640 Boson thermal, longer flight time than previous Evo and price. If it was radiometric I would have my own right now.

To add more mystery to the Boson: ICI Aims To Set High Standards With New Method For Calibrating Boson Longwave Infrared Cameras

Reactions: Dougcjohn
No we have not ordered a new drone yet. Right now Covid-19 really hit our budget hard. But the good news is that the protests have shown various stakeholders the benefit of having a drone, so it is a priority.
Last week we had a Zoom conference with FLIR about their hyper expensive Skyranger R70. It is quite impressive including its price! When inquiring on the thermal sensor I was told it was a Boson core (Their literature said a Tau 2). I asked what is with the Boson still not being radiometric. I received a dodge answer (Maybe they do not know). I stated to FLIR and our people that for me I would not want to go backwards in terms of all capabilities meaning if the current best overall thermal sensors offer 640 resolution and full radiometrics, then I think that I do not want the Boson.

I am putting together a capability and price comparison right now of: FLIR Sky Ranger, Parrot Anafi USA, Autel Evo II Dual, Skydio X2 and Matrice 300 with Quad Cam.

It is really exciting that there is right now a lot of choices for a low budget thermal drone(For a business or public entity). We may have to have a dealer bring the Evo II Dual, Anafi USA and Matrice 300 with Quad cam so we can do some demos.

The Evo II Dual right now is probably my favorite choice if all factors are considered. Big enough for someone to make a parachute safety system for it, mapping acquisition software finally built in, incredible resolution on the 640 Boson thermal, longer flight time than previous Evo and price. If it was radiometric I would have my own right now.

To add more mystery to the Boson: ICI Aims To Set High Standards With New Method For Calibrating Boson Longwave Infrared Cameras
Sounds great, and I'd agree on the EVO2Dual. The X2 is out of my reach as a sole shop, and the M300 fully setup is beyond what I'd want to invest for 2 reasons: 1) pricey platform with needed payloads included, 2) the industry is able to produce similar performance in lower cost, smaller platforms.

I'm looking forward to seeing what DJI introduces to compete and attempt to control market. Your needs with Public are discouraged for DJI, but still beneficial for the competitive growth.

Keep us informed if able on your outcome assessment of the various platforms.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials