Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Evo II dual - Mavic enterprise Dual

RPM

Reaction score
I have a question regarding pricing of the new Autel Dual that should be making its grand entrance later on this summer. DJI has their Dual at $2700 , what do you gents and ladies think the Autel Dual will be sold for ? I read or saw a post mentioning somewhere around $8k. Now being that you can switch out camaras, is that a possibility that their high end camera is going to run in that range ? I’m seriously thinking of purchasing the Autel Pro , but to buy a thermal res (flir) camara for 8k to switch out is a bit much. What are your thoughts? For that body ? I know there are rigs out there that are more expensive, but they also have more to offer as well.

The FLIR camera the Evo II Dual has twice the resolution than the Mavic 2 Enterprise with thermal. To top it off, it also has a 8K camera, instead of the 4K one the Mavic has. Like any new technology, it will be a bit pricey. The closest to the FLIR camera the Evo brings, is the DJI Matrice series and that model goes for 12K. In the end, it goes if you are willing to pay the asking price.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
I got a quote for the 640 resolution version Rugged Bundle for $9,998. I'm not sure of everything the Rugged Bundle contains but there's a case and an extra battery. I did not get an estimated shipping date though.

Last edited:
The FLIR camera the Evo II Dual has twice the resolution than the Mavic 2 Enterprise with thermal. To top it off, it also has a 8K camera, instead of the 4K one the Mavic has. Like any new technology, it will be a bit pricey. The closest to the FLIR camera the Evo brings, is the DJI Matrice series and that model goes for 12K. In the end, it goes if you are willing to pay the asking price.
Agreed, the cost of a Flir Thermal goes up very quickly with resolution.
The Mavic Dual has a very low resolution Lepton 160 (questionable if functionally useable). The Anafi Dual has the same Flir Lepton 160 but Adv-Radiometric (3.5 model). The next step up is Boson series that offer up to a 320 and it sells for about $3500-4000 just for the camera, a few models cover the next jump to 640, and that brings a significant price tag increase. The EVO2 looks to be offered in 320 or 640.

The step from 160x120 (19,200px) to 320x256 (81,920) is over 4X greater resolution than the 160 Thermal compared to the 640x512 (327,680px) is 17X greater than the M2Dual 160 Thermal; the 640 is 4X greater than the 320 series.

The 320 Thermal actually allows the EVO2 Dual to be useable in several scenarios and the 640 Thermal essentially offers the same Matrice M210 640Thermal Standard-Radiometric package in a comparatively ultra light & compact package. The XT 640 can be Std or Adv Radiometric, the XT2 is Full or Adv Radiometric. Adv Radiometric adds a significant cost increase to the 640, and the EVO2 DUAL to my understanding will only be offered in Stnd-Radiometric. If they offered a EVO2 640 Adv-R, it would probably be about $3K higher than the Stnd-R version.

The EVO 2 DUAL will be a substantial jump upward in thermal resolution & quality than the M2Dual. But that also means it certainly won't be competitive in price to the M2Dual, more competitive to the M210 XT2 model... and that it does provide a cost & compact package advantage.

IMO the Mavic Duo FLIR camera is almost useless unless you are doing building inspections at less that 50-75 feet away. I did a test on the actual FLIR Duo camera when it came out (for use with the DJI Zenmuse Phantom gimbal) and was so disappointed I sent it back. Although i never tested the actual Mavic Duo, it uses the same sensor and lens. Even the low resolution FLIR cam on the Evo 2 (320 I believe) will be far superior to the Mavic Duo.

FLIR DUO TEST HERE

Last edited:
Reactions: Dougcjohn
IMO the Mavic Duo FLIR camera is almost useless unless you are doing building inspections at less that 50-75 feet away. I did a test on the actual FLIR Duo camera when it came out (for use with the DJI Zenmuse Phantom gimbal) and was so disappointed I sent it back. Although i never tested the actual Mavic Duo, it uses the same sensor and lens. Even the low resolution FLIR cam on the Evo 2 (340 I believe) will be far superior to the Mavic Duo.

FLIR DUO TEST HERE
Agreed...the Lepton 160 sensor isn't very good above 100ft max. The EVO2 320 Thermal will be a huge improvement .. about 4X greater resolution.
The Anafi Dual with the Lepton 3.5 160, being radiometric has more use the the M2Dual... at least the radiometric at close altitudes could do roof or various thermal Dx with the ability to use FLIR Tools. I can't figure out why DJI didn't use the Lepton 3.5 Radiometric on the M2Dual.. that would have helped it considerably in low level scans.

The Mavic Dual has a very low resolution Lepton 160 (questionable if functionally useable). The Anafi Dual has the same Flir Lepton 160 but Adv-Radiometric (3.5 model). The next step up is Boson series that offer up to a 320 and it sells for about $3500-4000 just for the camera, a few models cover the next jump to 640, and that brings a significant price tag increase. The EVO2 looks to be offered in 320 or 640.

The step from 160x120 (19,200px) to 320x256 (81,920) is over 4X greater resolution than the 160 Thermal compared to the 640x512 (327,680px) is 17X greater than the M2Dual 160 Thermal; the 640 is 4X greater than the 320 series.

The 320 Thermal actually allows the EVO2 Dual to be useable in several scenarios and the 640 Thermal essentially offers the same Matrice M210 640Thermal Standard-Radiometric package in a comparatively ultra light & compact package. The XT 640 can be Std or Adv Radiometric, the XT2 is Full or Adv Radiometric. Adv Radiometric adds a significant cost increase to the 640, and the EVO2 DUAL to my understanding will only be offered in Stnd-Radiometric. If they offered a EVO2 640 Adv-R, it would probably be about $3K higher than the Stnd-R version.

The EVO 2 DUAL will be a substantial jump upward in thermal resolution & quality than the M2Dual. But that also means it certainly won't be competitive in price to the M2Dual, more competitive to the M210 XT2 model... and that it does provide a cost & compact package advantage.
This is the best explanation that justifies the Autel EVO II Dual’s price. You get the same thermal capabilities as the DJI XT2 on a much smaller airframe for much less money.

Yes, there are certain missions that require people to spend $25k plus on a decked-out Matrice 200 Series with XT2 (we sell them too) but the Autel EVO II Dual will meet the needs and price point of many more of our clients.

Dealers are not allowed to advertise the price of the Autel EVO II Dual, email or call us for a quote if interested.

This is the best explanation that justifies the Autel EVO II Dual’s price. You get the same thermal capabilities as the DJI XT2 on a much smaller airframe for much less money.

Yes, there are certain missions that require people to spend $25k plus on a decked-out Matrice 200 Series with XT2 (we sell them too) but the Autel EVO II Dual will meet the needs and price point of many more of our clients.

Dealers are not allowed to advertise the price of the Autel EVO II Dual, email or call us for a quote if interested.

Is it true you cannot sell it to just anyone? Is it not for the S&R, police and the likes? I know I can't get it here in Canada because the US of A will not sell it to other countries. So I would think the market would be pretty small for that drone anyways.

USA model not sold international I beleive it's the Thermal specs, they are outside the permitted IR specs. I'm sure Autel like DJI will offer a 9Hz version. Plus for a reason I fail to understand, even if the other country allows 30Hz, a USA model can't be shipped.

If the EVO2 Dual comes in after Dealer incentives (Wink!) at roughly 1/2 the cost of the M210 core Thermal platform... that is significant. Consider the price of TB55 pair at roughly $700 and needing a minimum of 3-4 sets for a busy SAR or large inspection site(s). Just the batteries alone will lower operations costs.

On a mental side... maybe my own.. LOL!!
Flying a M210 in some areas can be stressful... you have a pricey investment at risk and the size of it can also contribute to safety or environment caution.

I'll take a M2P just inches above a crane or dirty gutter on tree roof line... not overly alarmed. But take a M210 with a XT and X5S / Z30 tandem pack... you find yourself being more cautious.

The EVO2 Dual provides close to the product of the M210 platform but the ease of maneuverability and comfort of the M2P.

I can see....IF THE APP is worthy... SAR, Solar Inspection, Construction Inspection, Power Line / Cellular towers, Roof Inspections, Fireman, Police, Agriculture, etc. The 640 adds so much more worth and at $7500-10k... a pretty nice package. Plus, for what... $650 add a 1" 6k camera to extend operations. Comparable to DJI components... that's even a good price.

If the App is worthwhile it could be a successful platform for many Thermal fields. The biggest hold-up in my opinion would be 3rd party app support. Each field sited above has multiple specialized Apps that work flawlessly with multiple DJI platforms. I think there would be ample Shops willing to purchase.

Out of curiosity... send me a quote for 640 model. I"ll PM you.

USA model not sold international I beleive it's the Thermal specs, they are outside the permitted IR specs. I'm sure Autel like DJI will offer a 9Hz version. Plus for a reason I fail to understand, even if the other country allows 30Hz, a USA model can't be shipped.

If the EVO2 Dual comes in after Dealer incentives (Wink!) at roughly 1/2 the cost of the M210 core Thermal platform... that is significant. Consider the price of TB55 pair at roughly $700 and needing a minimum of 3-4 sets for a busy SAR or large inspection site(s). Just the batteries alone will lower operations costs.

On a mental side... maybe my own.. LOL!!
Flying a M210 in some areas can be stressful... you have a pricey investment at risk and the size of it can also contribute to safety or environment caution.

I'll take a M2P just inches above a crane or dirty gutter on tree roof line... not overly alarmed. But take a M210 with a XT and X5S / Z30 tandem pack... you find yourself being more cautious.

The EVO2 Dual provides close to the product of the M210 platform but the ease of maneuverability and comfort of the M2P.

I can see....IF THE APP is worthy... SAR, Solar Inspection, Construction Inspection, Power Line / Cellular towers, Roof Inspections, Fireman, Police, Agriculture, etc. The 640 adds so much more worth and at $7500-10k... a pretty nice package. Plus, for what... $650 add a 1" 6k camera to extend operations. Comparable to DJI components... that's even a good price.

If the App is worthwhile it could be a successful platform for many Thermal fields. The biggest hold-up in my opinion would be 3rd party app support. Each field sited above has multiple specialized Apps that work flawlessly with multiple DJI platforms. I think there would be ample Shops willing to purchase.
Not if the M210 belongs to a company who has it insured. You are just doing your job. If it breaks. It breaks.

Not if the M210 belongs to a company who has it insured. You are just doing your job. If it breaks. It breaks.
Even if self insured, I don't behave or fly with a insurance covered attitude... a few oops and you're out either way.

If like me, most small shops own their own inventory... 1 man shop! Take care of gear. I'd guess in the sUAV shops... most are small self operated shops. There are big shops, but the majority own their own gear. Currently sUAV isn't very popular in my area so not attractive for larger shops.

Last edited:
If anyone is curious - VertigoDrones sent out an email blaster with EVO2 DUAL prices... checked their Web site. They list prices for the all the EVO 2 models and prices for all 3 Cameras as separate units. The "Rugged Bundle" is basically a 2nd Battery & Hard Case.

The contents of the EVO II Dual is as follows:

(1) Aircraft
(1) Remote Controller
(3) Flight Batteries
(1) Battery Charging Hub
(1) 110V Wall Charger
(1) 12V Car Charger
(3) Propellers (pairs)
(1) EVO II Hard Rugged Case
(1) 12" Cable USB Micro A - USB Type C
(1) 12" Cable USB Micro A - USB Micro B
(1) Gimbal Cover
(1) EVO II FoxFury Lighting Kit (including 1 saddle and 2 lights)
(1) 32GB U3 SD Card

To request a quote, please visit the Autel EVO II Dual page here: Autel EVO II Dual w/ FLIR 640 Thermal Sensor & 8K Camera
Let us know what questions we can assist with.

EVOIIDual.jpg

May I know what is Stnd-R and Adv-R ?
I am planning to buy a Dual 640. But no information about if it is able to produce Radiometric IR photo for later analysis in Flir Tools.

Reactions: advexure
May I know what is Stnd-R and Adv-R ?
I am planning to buy a Dual 640. But no information about if it is able to produce Radiometric IR photo for later analysis in Flir Tools.
To use within Flir tools for post analysis and per pixel, that would require Advanced Radiometric sensor which the EVO II Dual lacks.

A short article, scroll down a bit... nice section describing the benifits of Adv-R.

The Stnd-R thermal for some purposes, can be considered better than a Adv-R. The time to capture image is increased for Adv compared to Stnd. For immediate use... while on mission, for exp a SAR mission or Deputy at a wreck in evening hours (or daylight). Seeing images and placing thermal zones to alert, or Dep launching quickly to check area for ejected passengers into tall ditch brush can all operate with a stnd-R and the need to perform post Dx of thermal pixels isn't normally neccessary.

Considerably lower cost with no loss of benefits for specific type of missions. With the EVO2 640 Thermal, a significantly smaller package to launch & transport.

Last edited:
To use within Flir tools for post analysis and per pixel, that would require Advanced Radiometric sensor which the EVO II Dual lacks.

A short article, scroll down a bit... nice section describing the benifits of Adv-R.

Correct. As of now, radiometric data cannot be achieved with the EVO II Dual's 640 Boson sensor.

Nothing has been confirmed or officially released as of now, but there may be an update in the near future that will allow for post-processing of an image with radiometric data through the likes of FLIR tools. Again, nothing concrete as of now for radiometric functionality, but apparently the existing hardware and sensor core may have capability for this down the road.

Correct. As of now, radiometric data cannot be achieved with the EVO II Dual's 640 Boson sensor.

Nothing has been confirmed or officially released as of now, but there may be an update in the near future that will allow for post-processing of an image with radiometric data through the likes of FLIR tools. Again, nothing concrete as of now for radiometric functionality, but apparently the existing hardware and sensor core may have capability for this down the road.
That would be great to have both options offered, both options are needed to be competitive. At this time, I don’t believe there is a Boson 640 sensor even made in Advanced Radiometric. That would require a Radiometric calibrated sensor, which isn’t offered yet.

Although, capturing standard Radiometric values, less dense and accurate than advanced would be possible with additional software and image metadata. Would be a bit of a hybrid middle ground... but much lower cost too.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials