Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Evo II downgrade issues? DH has a solution!

They just pushed a new version (1.1.7.19) to my phone. It's not even listed on their website yet. I wonder what kind of new bugs this one will have. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: PingSpike
They just pushed a new version (1.1.7.19) to my phone. It's not even listed on their website yet. I wonder what kind of new bugs this one will have. :rolleyes:
There is no reason for them to list Beta versions on their Web Site. You sign up for Beta and agree to test to see if any problems pop up.
Let us know if you find any.

Did you still have the Beta explorer app installed when you got 2.3.3. to install? Or had you already reverted back to the official explorer release?
I reverted back to the original application, rebooted iPhone to clear cache, downloaded the force upgrade file along with FW v2.3.3 and it worked on the first try. Just inserting the flies on the SD card for anything newer that v2.3.3 failed in multiple attempts.

There is no reason for them to list Beta versions on their Web Site. You sign up for Beta and agree to test to see if any problems pop up.
Let us know if you find any.
They show beta versions on their web site. Not sure what you're looking at, but it's here "EVO II Downloads".

But my point is, 1.1.7.19 is NOT a beta version. I opted out of the beta program. Uninstalled the beta explorer app. And installed the latest regular version (1.1.7.10) from google play. Then they pushed this version (1.1.7.19) to me. And as of right now, they STILL don't list version 1.1.7.19 anywhere. but it's on my phone right now.

I reverted back to the original application, rebooted iPhone to clear cache, downloaded the force upgrade file along with FW v2.3.3 and it worked on the first try. Just inserting the flies on the SD card for anything newer that v2.3.3 failed in multiple attempts.
The difference might be that you are on ios, and I am on android.

They show beta versions on their web site. Not sure what you're looking at, but it's here "EVO II Downloads".

But my point is, 1.1.7.19 is NOT a beta version. I opted out of the beta program. Uninstalled the beta explorer app. And installed the latest regular version (1.1.7.10) from google play. Then they pushed this version (1.1.7.19) to me. And as of right now, they STILL don't list version 1.1.7.19 anywhere. but it's on my phone right now.

The only thing not updated on their site is the version number. By following the google play link it takes you to the official version which you have indicated is Version 1.1.7.19 so I don't see what the problem is. You have the latest and greatest from Autel.

screenshot-auteldrones.com-2020.12.22-13_21_55.png

1.1.7.19 Not 1.1.7.9

And by the way. They have posted '19' as official now. My point was that it was very strange that they would push a new version before making it public on their web site. Seems backwards and suspicious to me.

I was trying to be helpful to other folks here. But I guess that bothers some people. So I'll just hang in the background, and suck information from everybody else from now on, and not contribute anything.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
1.1.7.19 Not 1.1.7.9

And by the way. They have posted '19' as official now. My point was that it was very strange that they would push a new version before making it public on their web site. Seems backwards and suspicious to me.

I was trying to be helpful to other folks here. But I guess that bothers some people. So I'll just hang in the background, and suck information from everybody else from now on, and not contribute anything.
Hey thanks for the input.

The difference might be that you are on ios, and I am on android.
Just so everyone knows, I tried rolling back the newest firmware using the force upgrade file from dronehacks and several different prior firmware versions without any luck. Every attempt got stuck at 99% and failed. I think the new “official”release may have put a kibosh on firmware rollbacks. Maybe Quad808 can shine some light on this?

Reactions: lukappaseidue
I have not tried to roll back, but:
flash the current firmware your drone is on to make sure all is at 100% success.
Restart and check firmware versions.
Then load up the previous firmware version only, and the roll back file and try it. Sometimes rolling back takes more than one try.
But...there is the possibility that Autel stopped allowing downgrading, since they now require activation of the drone. Not sure.

Just a note...the fact that it gets to 99% may mean that roll back is possible, but one module is not rolling back.....after re-flashing current version....write down or screen shot the current versions of the modules. Then compare after a 99% "fail" and see if any downgraded. This would be helpful!

Reactions: Cicero24
Just a note...the fact that it gets to 99% may mean that roll back is possible, but one module is not rolling back.....after re-flashing current version....write down or screen shot the current versions of the modules. Then compare after a 99% "fail" and see if any downgraded. This would be helpful!
So....after several attempts on rollback, I have gotten nowhere. It doesn’t seem rollback is possible now. I never had any issues like this prior to this firmware.

So....after several attempts on rollback, I have gotten nowhere. It doesn’t seem rollback is possible now. I never had any issues like this prior to this firmware.
News?
Have you tryed to rollback using Autel Explorer?
@Quad808 what do you think about? Do you think it is possible to downgrade?

Drone-Hacks is taking a look at this, but due to holidays, may not have any concrete answers until after the new year....time permitting. Don't read anything into that statement. I have not updated my firmware to the latest version yet.

Great. Thanks! Hopefully sometime down the road DH can provide the ability to modify parameters and stuff like on my Mavics.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials