Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Evo II downgrade issues? DH has a solution!

I am so greatful to you DH. I am so happy you've come around. Please release the Autel tool soon. Id love to have it on my Dual!
Do you mean full support for the Evo line, as in firmware mods? We are looking at the Autel firmware right now to see what we can open up. It does look promising so far, but I am not doing the "heavy lifting", so at this time can't say for certain what can be done or what can't be done. Stay tuned..we hope to have something soon!

Reactions: Ansia and Tufargon
Do you mean full support for the Evo line, as in firmware mods? We are looking at the Autel firmware right now to see what we can open up. It does look promising so far, but I am not doing the "heavy lifting", so at this time can't say for certain what can be done or what can't be done. Stay tuned..we hope to have something soon!

Got any backdoor way of updating Live Deck? Mine is stuck in loop trying to do Evo 1.5.8. Can't seem to get it to update to 2.3.3. I've copied that file onto my phone and tried to get it to force that to the Live Deck and it won't go. I tried expanding the files and putting it on a USB that I fired the Live Deck up with, no luck.

Got any backdoor way of updating Live Deck? Mine is stuck in loop trying to do Evo 1.5.8. Can't seem to get it to update to 2.3.3. I've copied that file onto my phone and tried to get it to force that to the Live Deck and it won't go. I tried expanding the files and putting it on a USB that I fired the Live Deck up with, no luck.
Firmware 1.5.8 was the last update for the Evo 1. Firmware 2.3.3 is for the Evo 2 only.

When will the new update come out instead of doing all this crap My 6k Seems ok is this a random issue

Firmware 1.5.8 was the last update for the Evo 1. Firmware 2.3.3 is for the Evo 2 only.
Which is what the Live Deck is trying to install but fails for some reason or just keeps reinstalling. Not sure what version of firmware the Live Deck should even have.

When will the new update come out instead of doing all this crap My 6k Seems ok is this a random issue
"All this crap" Is just a firmware flash. Same exact thing you would be doing if a new firmware came out and you did it manually. Some 6k's are affected, some not. For those that are affected, this is a big deal.

Reactions: Bigdz and PingSpike
From flying with Autel for the last 5 plus years and being a active member on the forums and facebook pages I can tell you this is a standard for Autel. Some updates affect some UAV's and some do not. Problem comes down to when they issue a updated firmware that fixes the ones that need fixing the ones that did not all of a sudden have the problem. I have seen this so many times with Autels firmware updates it has become standard practice to see this happen. This is why it is great to have the roll back option now.
Sorry to say they do not have the man power with the right skills to get the firmware any where close to the competition.

Did you follow all the steps in this video?

Yep, It keeps trying to install 1.5.8.

I have a ticket. They want me to send it in so they can update it. Was wondering if anybody had seen the issue or had to send their's in as well to get around it.

Yep, It keeps trying to install 1.5.8.

I have a ticket. They want me to send it in so they can update it. Was wondering if anybody had seen the issue or had to send their's in as well to get around it.
Sounds like its stuck in a loop. It happens. Good thing for warranties :)

Why don’t they fix the issues it’s obvious here correct Listen The the people Geez

I got my Live Deck back and got to immediately update it with this new firmware. But, it did update just fine this time :).

This is because your file from DH is either not present OR you named it a .txt file. Your drone never went through the upgrade process...it only checked firmware.

The Drone-Hacks file is the key. It is not a .zip file or a .txt file because there is no extension to it like .zip, or .txt or .jpg.
EVO IView attachment 8368View attachment 8369
EVO II

was the "force_upgrade" file included in your download or was that already on your SD card? the only file i downloaded from that site was the .bin file with the firmware

My evo 2 pro arrives tomorrow. I’m wondering what the deal is with the downgrading. Before I begin upgrading what ever version is on the new drone is there something I should be aware of with the versions? Is there a particular version I should aim for? And why are people downgrading?
thanks in advance for advice

FW 2.5.0 had given a good amount of people headaches since release. That FW version caused drifting, rotation with no input, GPS issues, and so on. Many people were miffed because Autel had not released a fix until very recently with FW 2.5.11 and that’s a Beta version so some aren’t comfortable flying beta FW. 2.5.11 seems to have fixed some of the issues and frustrations. Autel doesn’t allow downgrading so the folks at Dronehacks.com came out with the FWs and a file to force downgrade flash whatever FW you have on your SD card. People were downgrading to the FW prior to 2.5.0 that didn’t introduce the issues described above. If you search the forum you cam find many issues people were having and how to downgrade if need be for future reference. Good luck!

looks like it has arrived all update (at least its not asking to update) so i guess im stuck with the latest. ill see how it goes.
is the drifting rotation a gps issue or compass issue? Either way i dont seem to have that issue so fingers crossed

i just downgraded my EVO I back to 1.4.9 version and here's the screenshot, but i'm not seeing 1.4.9 anywhere in there.. can someone confirm that what i have is in fact 1.4.9, please?

Screenshot_20201206-195207_Autel Explorer.jpg

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy