Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Evo II downgrade issues? DH has a solution!

It is utterly ridiculous.

Next thing you know they'll be releasing firmware updates and not increasing the version numbers.

Oh...

Wait...

?‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: Andrew01
Is the latest FW version stable? I had to roll back my version a while back when there was a yaw and drift problem. Not sure what version I have but it was the version before the problem. Also, would you stay with this old “working” version or would you update to the current version? Thanks for your help.

I am sure it will....there would be no reason why Autel would change their firmware to disallow it, but its always possible, so this could happen.

Reactions: PingSpike
I finally got it to downgrade! I had to downgrade all the way back to 2.3.3 until it was finally successful. Everything above that failed after numerous attempts. Now I’m back on the current public FW and it’s working well again. Downloaded the new beta FW and it wouldn’t let me spin up, the Android app was glitchy and I had horizontal artifacts running across my screen and floating upwards like an old TV loop. The artifacts were only visible in video feed and not in photo mode. (Mod Removed) that! Hard pass for now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lukappaseidue
Here's what I learned, the hard way. For Android users, if you want to roll back to the latest official release (2.5.12), from the beta. Don't try forcing if manually (from the memory card). It won't work. You have to use the Beta explorer app, and use the option they give you there to download and go back to 2.5.12. Then, if you want to go further back, you can use the "forced downgrade" option. I wasted a bunch of time by doing this out of order.

After rolling back the firmware, you can then roll back the explorer app, if you want to. You have to opt out first. Then remove the app. Then download the regular release. This may also be true for the ios version. But I don't have a way to test it. Basically, I think the beta version of the firmware is a huge fail. Autel is quickly losing the confidence of a LOT of customers. And probably losing a lot of future sales as well. I hope someone over there is paying attention to these issues, or they may find themselves facing a class action suit.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials