Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Evo II downgrade issues? DH has a solution!

Guys...the file from DH FORCES the drone to flash all components firmware to the version in the firmware that is on the SD card. The Autel firmware is just like DJI firmware, meaning...there is an overall firmware # like 2.5.0, but that firmware is made up of several firmware components for each separate hardware piece, so when doing this make sure to match the versions from the app to what was in the firmware release notes.
I wouldn't anticipate any issues going to earlier firmware, especially just one version earlier, UNLESS you had existing issues on that firmware. Those issues you had on that firmware would still be present.
As skipper1 says...this is not rocket science.
It is a good idea to do calibrations again though, then test fly. As long as you get the message from the RC that the flash was a success, you should be good to go after you validate the versions in the app.

If you are getting the screen as in post #22...this means that your SD card is not setup correctly with the drone-hacks file, because the drone is doing a firmware check and not reading the extra file from DH that tells the drone to not check the versions, but flash the firmware on the card.

**The biggest question is....has anyone who had drift issues on 2.5.0, rolled back the firmware to 2.3.3 and now those issues are gone? I have NOT had the time to test my drone, but hope to later today, weather permitting.
I just did a flight test and the weird crap I had with 2.5.0 seems to have been fixed by rolling back. I was having all kinds of video signal issues that literally locked the app so hard I had to reboot the app while the bird was flying to get video back. I really think that 2.5.0 firmware is meant for the NEXT app release which is why we've been having issues. Version 1.1.6.6 of the android app was built for the 2.3.3 of the firmware which is where I went back too and just had 0 issues. Only thing I saw was my precision landing wasn't so precise but I turned APAS after take off so maybe turning the sensors off messed up the landing but it was in the neighborhood, a few feet not miles off. I had no weird altitude readings where it was off by 20+ feet with 2.5.0. But only one test so we'll see but far, far better off atm.

Are you sure it actually downgraded? Since you can't actually see a primary firmware number you have to go by the sub component firmware numbers to see it any of them actually rolled back.

With out this hack you can load the old 2.3.3 bin file on a card and do the update successfully but it has not actually rolled back any of the sub components. One has to check the sub to see!

It did downgrade!! to 2.3.3 on page one and two @Quad808 left the procedures it goes through when downgrading. It did them all.
Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 12.09.45 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 12.09.23 PM.jpg

yep, just did another test this time with my Alientech attached. I was able to fly to one of my trouble spots that normally I have to be 400 up and even then the signal sort of goes up and down. I can get further but thats where it starts giving me issues. This time I put the drone at 128' and was 3000' with 5 bars with the Alientech around that spot. Which is the spot that I'm normally 400' up and iffy signal. So with the downgrade to 2.3.3, the drone is in good shape again and great signal with my Alientech. Only issue I've seen is RTH is not precise landing. It's close as in 5-8 feet but not its normal couple of inches. But compared to the crap we had to put up with on 2.5.0 , can live with that one. I always land manual anyways. RTH for me is my lazy mans way of getting the drone over my head so I don't have to fly it the entire distance home. Then I cancel and manually land. But so far so good with going back to 2.3.3. with app version 1.1.6.6 on Android.

I pretty much only manually fly and do videos and photos, so I haven't tested any of the special shots like orbit.

I wasn't talking about the Evo.

BTW The firmware downgrade was a success. Very happy to have gotten out of 1.5.8.

good news that you were able to downgrade. my drone had a fly away right after the upgrade to 1.5.8 and luckily i recovered it. had it repaired by autel and am scared to fly it again. going to downgrade it and tie a string to it just in case haha. but fingers crossed it will not fly away again.

Reactions: Ansia
i'm planning on getting the 6K evo 2 and just saw this thread.. why is everyone downgrading and to which version is everyone downgrading to? what were the problems? i'm very hesitant at getting another autel drone after my first mishap, but the only reason i won't get a Mavic 2 pro is because of the restrictions it has built in.

i'm planning on getting the 6K evo 2 and just saw this thread.. why is everyone downgrading and to which version is everyone downgrading to? what were the problems? i'm very hesitant at getting another autel drone after my first mishap, but the only reason i won't get a Mavic 2 pro is because of the restrictions it has built in.
In the case of the Evo II, the firmware 2.5.0 has given many problems to many pilots. Use the search option to get up to date with the various threads that talk about this.

Reactions: PingSpike

i downgraded 2 days ago due to losing ludicrous mode and bad drift. Now with 2.3.3 my evo ii pro is just fantastic.

in comparison to my mavic 2 zoom and mavic 2 air the evoii pro wins just on camera alone. the stability i have now is equal to or better then M2.

im so happy now especially living in a dji NFZ.

Aldo

Version 2.3.3 with app version 1.1.6.6 is rock solid stable. That is the version that I'm posting my results on. Those versions are really stable, at least for me.

I think the lesson for everyone in this thread is when a new firmware is released, wait until the next app version is released as that one is likely the best match for firmware version to app version and less likely to have issues. I'm really convinced when they test a firmware that they test with their current builds (beta) of the app since they are putting new features in the firmware that the next release of the application will support. I'm not sure why they don't release both at same time since they appeared to be mated so closely.

I am still having problems with the 2.3.3 file. When I download from the hacker website, the only file I get is: Model-C_FW_V2.3.3.bin, I do not get the second file Forced_upgrade. Why is that?

I understand it's part of your name, but you shouldn't skip steps if you want to achieve your goal.
I Am so happy I finally got the upgrade in. Now to do all the calibrations and go fly, unfortunately we have rain moving in in the next 24hr.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy