Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel drone custom/aftermarket addons

Reaction score
Website
protosfera.hr
Greetings to all!

A colleague of mine has an Autel Evo 2 drone and has asked me to design a bracket with a simple hook on the bottom to fit onto it. I was wondering if there was any general need for custom drone parts so he directed me to this forum. I have capabilities and access to CAD software (designing and reverse engineering) and diverse selection of 3D printers so why don't put it to good use.😁

I've attached a couple of photos of the project below.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 34
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
Greetings to all!

A colleague of mine has an Autel Evo 2 drone and has asked me to design a bracket with a simple hook on the bottom to fit onto it. I was wondering if there was any general need for custom drone parts so he directed me to this forum. I have capabilities and access to CAD software (designing and reverse engineering) and diverse selection of 3D printers so why don't put it to good use.😁

What kind of hook is on the bottom? Gopro mount by chance?

Well, colleague asked for a simple hook for a carabiner but with a few modifications a GoPro mount could be modelled and fitted relatively easily.
Either a gopro mount, or, have a 1/4" female thread flush mount that could be used for attaching gopro mounts, or other mounts that use 1/4" tripod type threads.

For example, if you had a 1/4" female thread mount, then using a 1/4" thread connector like this:

You could then attach the following:

or this:

or this:

Thus you could attach gopro, gopro max etc underneath autel, however also other devices.

Let me if doable as well as what cost would be.

or this:

Reactions: FilipProtosfera
Either a gopro mount, or, have a 1/4" female thread flush mount that could be used for attaching gopro mounts, or other mounts that use 1/4" tripod type threads.

For example, if you had a 1/4" female thread mount, then using a 1/4" thread connector like this:

You could then attach the following:

or this:

or this:

Thus you could attach gopro, gopro max etc underneath autel, however also other devices.

Let me if doable as well as what cost would be.

or this:
Hey, I've looked into it and came up with a few ideas.

I still need to adjust the sizes and fits because I don't have an actual GoPro to reference off of. The first mount is a simple hole for a carabiner, the second one would fit a GoPro and the third option includes a heat insert. Now, usually you would insert a nut into the part and then screw something into it, but I was thinking of inserting a brass knurled 1/4-20 screw so you could potentially mitigate the need for a male-to-male 1/4-20 transition part like the one you linked before.

Attachments

• mount_current.PNG
    mount_current.PNG
    432.6 KB · Views: 9
  • mount_gopro.PNG
    mount_gopro.PNG
    469.7 KB · Views: 9
  • mount_heat insert.PNG
    mount_heat insert.PNG
    691.2 KB · Views: 9
Hey, I've looked into it and came up with a few ideas.

I still need to adjust the sizes and fits because I don't have an actual GoPro to reference off of. The first mount is a simple hole for a carabiner, the second one would fit a GoPro and the third option includes a heat insert. Now, usually you would insert a nut into the part and then screw something into it, but I was thinking of inserting a brass knurled 1/4-20 screw so you could potentially mitigate the need for a male-to-male 1/4-20 transition part like the one you linked before.
Nice, I like the gopro one, its along the lines of the bracket I have for my Mavic Pro to carry a gopro max (360). The 3rd option could work as you describe, only concern would be w/o flush mount how sturdy would the piece be, would it stress crack?

Reactions: davery87
Well, regarding the stress, depends on how much weight you'd put on the drone but I guess it wouldn't be a problem because the mount is quite close to the bracket. Regarding the flush mount part - the insert should be long enough that the screw doesn't bottom out before the camera face mates with the bracket surface. I'll print out these versions and try to find the hardware locally to test it out.

We already tested the simple hook one and it held up quite well, especially considering the carrying capabilities of the drone.

The whole idea was to get some information if people would be generally interested in these kinds of aftermarket parts for drones. From the limited search I've done after tackling the project the information available and buyable aftermarket parts seem quite scarce.

Reactions: gschulzuio
Its really scarce and all out of China
Yeah it's horrible. I'm from Europe and the only positive thing about the whole situation that has happened in the last few years is that people finally came to the conclusion that it's maybe not such a great idea to outsource everything overseas. That's why my colleagues and I and trying to develop and produce custom parts locally.

Reactions: MikeReidPhotography
Here's an idea...How about a 3D printed adapter that would adapt current battery configurations to older ones. For example, an adapter that would allow you to use an Evo 2 on an Evo 1. I realize there would have to be some metal for conductors, but if the pin out on one is adapted to the pin outs of the other, I don't see why it wouldn't work (unless of course the drone and the battery communicate with come kind of firmware protocol that is different between the two models)
Someone who is an owner of the two models could do a quick and dirty experiment to see if the Evo2 can recognize the pinouts of the Evo 1 battery. Anyone want to try it out? I don't have an Evo 2, but the demand is there big time, since they aren't making any new Evo 1 batteries.

Reactions: FilipProtosfera
Here's an idea...How about a 3D printed adapter that would adapt current battery configurations to older ones. For example, an adapter that would allow you to use an Evo 2 on an Evo 1. I realize there would have to be some metal for conductors, but if the pin out on one is adapted to the pin outs of the other, I don't see why it wouldn't work (unless of course the drone and the battery communicate with come kind of firmware protocol that is different between the two models)
Someone who is an owner of the two models could do a quick and dirty experiment to see if the Evo2 can recognize the pinouts of the Evo 1 battery. Anyone want to try it out? I don't have an Evo 2, but the demand is there big time, since they aren't making any new Evo 1 batteries.
Great idea! I would be definately interested in modelling some kind of conversion/adapter but as you stated, we'd need to check the compatibility of the new batteries and the previous model. I could get a hand on the Evo 2 batteries for a reference to design a CAD model, but I'm not sure about the EVO 1 batteries.

Great idea! I would be definately interested in modelling some kind of conversion/adapter but as you stated, we'd need to check the compatibility of the new batteries and the previous model. I could get a hand on the Evo 2 batteries for a reference to design a CAD model, but I'm not sure about the EVO 1 batteries.
Anybody out there who could experiment with wiring the output from an Evo1 battery to an Evo 2 drone to see if it would work?

Greetings to all!

A colleague of mine has an Autel Evo 2 drone and has asked me to design a bracket with a simple hook on the bottom to fit onto it. I was wondering if there was any general need for custom drone parts so he directed me to this forum. I have capabilities and access to CAD software (designing and reverse engineering) and diverse selection of 3D printers so why don't put it to good use.😁hello longer front and back legs would be nice and a bracket to attach lights to arms.thanks

Hello

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials