Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Attention to our Android users: NEW EXPLORER APP HOW TO INSTALL

This new application has been redesigned for the Evo 2. Some functions have disappeared for the Evo1 and others have come for the Evo2.
It was certain that it would be at the expense of Evo1. The other functions have been optimized for the 2 but the softs is not yet developed. (besides the Evo2 is not yet marketed before February / March).
For Evo1, I recommend keeping the latest Explorer Evo1. There, all functions are there as before.
Besides, the software for 1 and 2 is in its third update in four days, so it is far from being further optimized.

This new application has been redesigned for the Evo 2. Some functions have disappeared for the Evo1 and others have come for the Evo2.
It was certain that it would be at the expense of Evo1. The other functions have been optimized for the 2 but the softs is not yet developed. (besides the Evo2 is not yet marketed before February / March).
For Evo1, I recommend keeping the latest Explorer Evo1. There, all functions are there as before.
Besides, the software for 1 and 2 is in its third update in four days, so it is far from being further optimized.

I agree keep running the older App. That talking yappie female in the new app drives me nuts and reminds me of my ex-wife always telling me what to do :rolleyes:

hey jim, thanks! im on holidays and just have my mobile phone with me, and i cant seem to figure out how to download the file on a mobile device, looks like i dont have an option! i do have a usb c to micro sd adapter, but cant find the file to download on the mobile browser
@aed1980 A friend of mine just picked up a used EVO a couple of days ago and couldn't get it to install. It is an APK file. We figured out that if you download an APK file installer you can get it to install on Android phones. Perhaps this will work for you as well. Good luck!

Reactions: aed1980
thanks ansia again, did it with my phone and a usb c to micro sd adapter, works perfectly! only thing ive noticed in the new app, is like a flickering on the screen(dont know well how to say it in english since it is not my mother tongue). also the voice that tells you signal weak is annoying and cant seem to map the back buttons!
The voice is annoying and you could never map the buttons below before either. It doesn't open the gallery anymore. You have to do it via your phone. As for the flickering, try changing your cable.

Reactions: aed1980
I agree keep running the older App. That talking yappie female in the new app drives me nuts and reminds me of my ex-wife always telling me what to do :rolleyes:
Here, too, .............. for the woman.
I hope we did not come across the same? View attachment 6163
What is wrong with the sexy robotic voice that tells you what to do? Men clearly need direction or they get losts....see babe, I defended women....can I go watch tv now?

went back to the "old" lots of weak antennas warnings, video not so smooth, though looks good! honestly autel is like a family, dji maybe its a little better overall, but software and NFZ are too intrusive to buy one! that being said will keep my EVO 1! i really envy djis occusync!

Yes, yes, many functions have disappeared in this version, for example the preparation before flight of an orbit or a waypoints mission on the map before launching the flight.
For now, I have put back the old 1.0.1.45 application to find the preparation before taking off the Evo. I did some tests this afternoon with the new firmware and everything is fine.
I sent an email to Autel regarding this.
I'm waiting for the answer.......
Another issue with the dynamic tracking function is that if you flew it normally and used the zoom, then when you try to get it to track you whatever zoom you last used is still there. So, if say you were zoomed out at 4X, you will STILL be at 4X. This causes a problem because you want to draw a box around the object to be tracked, but unless you are far away, the subject fills the frame. But the other problem is that you can't change the zoom while in dynamic tracking, so you have to go back into regular flight, change the zoom to 1X and try again. Clunky...

Attention, for Evo 1, with this application, you lose the function of preparation on the ground (or at home) of the Orbit and waypoints.
It is no longer possible to prepare them before the flight. The device must be connected and in flight to prepare an orbit or a Waypoint route, which is completely silly with the device above his head.
Autel has taken away two main functions.
Autel Explorer App Gone?
Bummer :(
Thanks for posting. Will likely wait to upgrade until this is resolved.

Bummer :(
Thanks for posting. Will likely wait to upgrade until this is resolved.
yeah me too! tried the new one, but found diminished range, image quality and that intrusive voice drove me nuts! went back to the "old" app and work flawlessly

I instaled the new exp app the first 2 batt updated fine but the last to keep on asking to download 1.5.8 firmware were can i get the old app instalation files.

I instaled the new exp app the first 2 batt updated fine but the last to keep on asking to download 1.5.8 firmware were can i get the old app instalation files.
im on mobile cant send you link, check my threads, ansia sent me the link!

The firmware 1.5.8 and the Explorer v1.0.1.45 make a very good couple, I celebrated their union, a few days ago, and for the moment, they get along very well.

Reactions: tealsmoke57
That's because it was the last app update and drone firmware specifically for each other. Now it's an app focused on the Evo 2. Now you know how X-Star pilots felt in May 2018.

Reactions: Tufargon
And how will future owners of Evo 2 feel when Autel releases Evo 3 Etc ...
This story is immutable, you have to go through it.
Yuneec did not do it with the H by leaving the 520, now the owners of 520 feel abandoned with the exit of the H + and now of the H3. No more after-sales service, material returns last more than 4 months, no parts.
and DJI ditto.

And how will future owners of Evo 2 feel when Autel releases Evo 3 Etc ...
This story is immutable, you have to go through it.
Yuneec did not do it with the H by leaving the 520, now the owners of 520 feel abandoned with the exit of the H + and now of the H3. No more after-sales service, material returns last more than 4 months, no parts.
and DJI ditto.
The advantajes DJI has over all others is their marketshare. The Phantom 4 Pro recently got re-released so they will be supporting that for a bit longer. The Phantom 3, which hasn't been in production since 2016, you can find parts everywhere (unless you fly the P3 4K or the P3 SE, then you are SOL). The aftermarket parts still sell strong.

im on mobile cant send you link, check my threads, ansia sent me the link!
I did copy 1.5.8 to the sd card and updated the firmware but when i switch on my wifi it keep on asking to do a update.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d