Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Arrival of the ll Pro Rugged Bundle...

First impressions:

I charged the batteries and controller fully and updated the firmware before flying.

I am having a problem with GPS, same take off spot in my yard I have used with Parrot Anafi and Mavic 2 Pro with never an issue, I getting an error "GPS signal weak. There may be some deviation between the landing point and the home point. Please pay attention while the aircraft is landing." I am vacillating around three bars GPS reception, I see no way to check how many satellites are locked yet. But the green "Safe to Fly" banner was present so I made half a dozen 5 minute flights close to home, RTH seemed to work acceptably although I guided it down.

Still image quality is VERY high, as planned, jpegs seemed over sharpened to me, but that is why I shoot Raw+JPEG.
I am mainly a still photographer with some video.

I shot some video in H.265 4k@60fps MP4 in Log....MediaInfo app shows I am alas getting 8 bit depth color contrary to promises from support pre-purchase and the same as Micander and some others....I will contact them tomorrow.

I dislike the ergonomics of the controller and not because it is "different", the controllers for my Phantom 3, M2P and Parrot Anafi were all different, but they all seemed fine. I use a thumb and forefinger squeeze on the sticks, laterally, way more precise, I think the designer(s) were strictly thumb twirlers....bad for me. Even so the controls need to be slowed down, will look into the menu for that.

On my iPhone XR the map rectangle on the left is cut off, a lot.

The app and aircraft manuals are very in depth, still absorbing them.

Startup up is fairly quick and no flight restrictions. The drone is noisier than I would like, I am spoiled by my Anafi, and although I no longer have my M2P, from recollection the EVO may be louder although the type of noise can
make it seem so.

More tomorrow.
At my same take off point, depending on time of day and cloud cover, sometimes I can only get 11 satellites and other times I get 15-20.

Reactions: advexure
Thanks guys for letting me know that the Micro USB still fits in there despite being square. That's weird of them to do that instead of just make it square. There is going to be a lot of other confused people like me about this.

Has anyone tried getting a male to male USB and plugging one end into the controller port and the other end into the Power Adapter to see if it charges?

Also one complaint I have is the mount to hold the phone as the bottom rubber piece isn't glued in well and my Galaxy Note 10+ 5G fits in there with my thin case but it couldn't fit too much bigger. But because it being the strain it puts on it the bottom rubber peiec slip out off the sticky adhesive for me and then pops the phi e out which could be a big problem when flying cause you phone could fall out and off the controller and either damage the cable, controller, or the phone completely fall to the groungld and risk breaking/creaking your phone.

Im going to have to either use super glue or a glue gine to hold that in better. Not sure which would work better at keep that stuck in there.

Also it stats online for updates that for obstacle avoidance you need to calibrate that. How do you actually do that as I only saw in the settings in the app on the phone to calibrate the GPS.

Then in the update it states that it included no fly zones for China. What exactly does that mean?

I'm guessing it's for China Only but I thought that they were boasting that it wouldn't have built-in geofencing in the software or is this something new that they had to apply and no way around it to the software for China?

Or is it just basically a featire that it will only notify you saying hey this is a no-fly zone make sure you have all the requirements for flying in this no fly zone and just give you a prompt warning but still lets you fly?

I lost the upper rubber phone gripping piece the second day.

No Fly is strictly for China.

I lost the upper rubber phone gripping piece the second day.

No Fly is strictly for China.

Wow ok yeah I will get glue. Which would be better a cement glue or a glue gun?

The no fly for China what is that exactly though? Geofencing? Or is just a onscreen warning but still let's you fly?

I don't know maybe I'm doing something wrong or if there's another part I'm missing but that's the only way I was able to plug in the controller. Your paragraph also there's no indicator lights when I plug it in showing that it's charging or anything how do I know when it's fully charged or do I need to just like turn it on or something like that?
If you monetarily press the power button (on the controller), It will light up with the current state of charge

I got mine yesterday also and bought the Rugged bundle for like $200 off the retail price which I think was a great deal anc cheaper then any other authorized dealer out there.

One thing I don't like is when you go to charge remote control the plug that goes into the remote control is not micro USB it's a similar-looking plug but it's squared and then the other end is essentially either micro USB or USB C which those cables can also be used to connect to whatever type of phone you have for that connector.

There is a USB cable in there but it's USB to micro-usb and there is actually a USB port on the power adapter for charging the battery but when you plug the USB into there and try to plug it into the Drone it just won't work because dot connector on the end is micro USB and not the squared plug and it doesn't come with another USB cable or at least mine didn't so essentially you cannot plug in via the USB port on the power plug to the controller and now you have to use the other two cables and have a special plug that is USB C or micro USB and luckily I have a USB C female on the power adapter that I have from Samsung from my Galaxy Note 10 + 5G.

They need to come out with a USB cable that has. Proprietary plug on it that you can plug into rectory to the controller and then into the power adapter or at least make a converter dongle where you can plug it onto the micro USB and it converts it to that proprietary plug.

I don't know maybe I'm doing something wrong or if there's another part I'm missing but that's the only way I was able to plug in the controller. Your paragraph also there's no indicator lights when I plug it in showing that it's charging or anything how do I know when it's fully charged or do I need to just like turn it on or something like that?

I'm having the same issue, the cables that came with the bundle are helpful for charging. Nor can I get the RC to charge! Something is missing, a wrong cable or a bad RC. Not sure, asking my vendor for another cable.

Thanks guys for letting me know that the Micro USB still fits in there despite being square. That's weird of them to do that instead of just make it square. There is going to be a lot of other confused people like me about this.

Has anyone tried getting a male to male USB and plugging one end into the controller port and the other end into the Power Adapter to see if it charges?

Also one complaint I have is the mount to hold the phone as the bottom rubber piece isn't glued in well and my Galaxy Note 10+ 5G fits in there with my thin case but it couldn't fit too much bigger. But because it being the strain it puts on it the bottom rubber peiec slip out off the sticky adhesive for me and then pops the phi e out which could be a big problem when flying cause you phone could fall out and off the controller and either damage the cable, controller, or the phone completely fall to the groungld and risk breaking/creaking your phone.

Im going to have to either use super glue or a glue gine to hold that in better. Not sure which would work better at keep that stuck in there.

Also it stats online for updates that for obstacle avoidance you need to calibrate that. How do you actually do that as I only saw in the settings in the app on the phone to calibrate the GPS.

Then in the update it states that it included no fly zones for China. What exactly does that mean?

I'm guessing it's for China Only but I thought that they were boasting that it wouldn't have built-in geofencing in the software or is this something new that they had to apply and no way around it to the software for China?

Or is it just basically a featire that it will only notify you saying hey this is a no-fly zone make sure you have all the requirements for flying in this no fly zone and just give you a prompt warning but still lets you fly?

I'm having the same issue, the cables that came with the bundle are helpful for charging. Nor can I get the RC to charge! Something is missing, a wrong cable or a bad RC. Not sure, asking my vendor for another cable

I'm having the same issue, the cables that came with the bundle are helpful for charging. Nor can I get the RC to charge! Something is missing, a wrong cable or a bad RC. Not sure, asking my vendor for another cable

You're using the Micro USB port on the bottom of the RC to a USB-A (standard USB) power source (likely the USB port on the EVO II's wall power adapter)?

Wow ok yeah I will get glue. Which would be better a cement glue or a glue gun?

The no fly for China what is that exactly though? Geofencing? Or is just a onscreen warning but still let's you fly?
No fly zone is implemented only for China. Yes, geo-fencing. Can't fly. Required in China for all drones.
The Autel drones HAVE NFZ Geofencing. It is not turned on to not allow you to fly, so you just get warnings.

Thank you finally makes sense. It also was important to use the Autel charger and not a phone charger

definitely. if you read the output specs on the Autel wall wart, it will raise eyebrows
as the voltage is MUCH more than the standard USB for USB devices (thumb drive,
phone or tablet) which are spec'd at 5vdc. I'm not sure what will happen if you
decided (or mistakenly) use the Autel wart to charge your phone...it may fry the
device.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials