Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Arrival of the ll Pro Rugged Bundle...

dronographer

Reaction score
I was tracking the UPS truck on myUPS app, the driver was gracious enough when I interecpted him to dig thru his boxes and let me take possession.

I was surprised to find the Rugged case included, I had heard they might be delayed and shipped later. Everything now charging prior to firmware updates.

Attachments

• 20D07C6C-1DE7-40B7-BFD8-B6CD89EF43EE.jpeg
    20D07C6C-1DE7-40B7-BFD8-B6CD89EF43EE.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 72
  • 584C47C4-61C9-409E-9F19-424BB398875C.jpeg
    584C47C4-61C9-409E-9F19-424BB398875C.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 83
First impressions:

I charged the batteries and controller fully and updated the firmware before flying.

I am having a problem with GPS, same take off spot in my yard I have used with Parrot Anafi and Mavic 2 Pro with never an issue, I getting an error "GPS signal weak. There may be some deviation between the landing point and the home point. Please pay attention while the aircraft is landing." I am vacillating around three bars GPS reception, I see no way to check how many satellites are locked yet. But the green "Safe to Fly" banner was present so I made half a dozen 5 minute flights close to home, RTH seemed to work acceptably although I guided it down.

Still image quality is VERY high, as planned, jpegs seemed over sharpened to me, but that is why I shoot Raw+JPEG.
I am mainly a still photographer with some video.

I shot some video in H.265 4k@60fps MP4 in Log....MediaInfo app shows I am alas getting 8 bit depth color contrary to promises from support pre-purchase and the same as Micander and some others....I will contact them tomorrow.

I dislike the ergonomics of the controller and not because it is "different", the controllers for my Phantom 3, M2P and Parrot Anafi were all different, but they all seemed fine. I use a thumb and forefinger squeeze on the sticks, laterally, way more precise, I think the designer(s) were strictly thumb twirlers....bad for me. Even so the controls need to be slowed down, will look into the menu for that.

On my iPhone XR the map rectangle on the left is cut off, a lot.

The app and aircraft manuals are very in depth, still absorbing them.

Startup up is fairly quick and no flight restrictions. The drone is noisier than I would like, I am spoiled by my Anafi, and although I no longer have my M2P, from recollection the EVO may be louder although the type of noise can
make it seem so.

More tomorrow.

Thanks for the report dronographer. I will be waiting to hear more about your impressions. Maybe you could post a few pics?

For your satellites, on the top of the phone screen, tap that bar and a drop in bar will show with satellites acquired on the left.
I also found, powering up the unit and let it sit for a min before takeoff and you'll have 9+ satellites

For your satellites, on the top of the phone screen, tap that bar and a drop in bar will show with satellites acquired on the left.
I also found, powering up the unit and let it sit for a min before takeoff and you'll have 9+ satellites

Awesome! Thanks for the tips!

I got mine yesterday also and bought the Rugged bundle for like $200 off the retail price which I think was a great deal anc cheaper then any other authorized dealer out there.

One thing I don't like is when you go to charge remote control the plug that goes into the remote control is not micro USB it's a similar-looking plug but it's squared and then the other end is essentially either micro USB or USB C which those cables can also be used to connect to whatever type of phone you have for that connector.

There is a USB cable in there but it's USB to micro-usb and there is actually a USB port on the power adapter for charging the battery but when you plug the USB into there and try to plug it into the Drone it just won't work because dot connector on the end is micro USB and not the squared plug and it doesn't come with another USB cable or at least mine didn't so essentially you cannot plug in via the USB port on the power plug to the controller and now you have to use the other two cables and have a special plug that is USB C or micro USB and luckily I have a USB C female on the power adapter that I have from Samsung from my Galaxy Note 10 + 5G.

They need to come out with a USB cable that has. Proprietary plug on it that you can plug into rectory to the controller and then into the power adapter or at least make a converter dongle where you can plug it onto the micro USB and it converts it to that proprietary plug.

I don't know maybe I'm doing something wrong or if there's another part I'm missing but that's the only way I was able to plug in the controller. Your paragraph also there's no indicator lights when I plug it in showing that it's charging or anything how do I know when it's fully charged or do I need to just like turn it on or something like that?

Reactions: 3DVirtuallyThere
I don't know maybe I'm doing something wrong or if there's another part I'm missing but that's the only way I was able to plug in the controller. Your paragraph also there's no indicator lights when I plug it in showing that it's charging or anything how do I know when it's fully charged or do I need to just like turn it on or something like that?

Does the manual not tell how to charge it?

The Micro-Usb fits into the radio despite being square. Be careful not to force it, if it does not go back there.
Charging is done there.
the radio on button should be red and if you press it briefly when the screen is off, it will display the current charge.

Reactions: advexure
I had the same confusion but looked at the directions and got up the gumption to plug the micro-usb cable into the controller. It works and as Claudius states, thecontroller lights up. It could be way clearer. Also the first tome I removed the battery from the bird ( one was inside the drone)
it did NOT want to come out. I git firmer and out it popped, no problems with either battery since...nice click.

Thanks for the report dronographer. I will be waiting to hear more about your impressions. Maybe you could post a few pics?

These first two stills are edited from Raw with Saturation +2, Clarity +10, Dehaze +7, no further sharpening, exposure lightened a touch. (Free Lightroom in iPad Pro.). The last two are straight jpeg, the horizon shot is flattened and off color, I used DFOG almost maxed (dfog in the app’s camera settings).7E7CEB76-C8BC-49B0-8CC7-1137D91E22FF.jpegBF63E83F-5B43-43AD-8F13-7EC078D8B722.jpegF2674BA4-9AEE-445D-B332-54FFF790F42D.jpegCBA92857-030A-459F-97DD-8AB44F64C273.jpeg

Last edited:
Hmmm, they are working for me when I click on my post.
Try again, I deleted and re-uploaded, I think you trued to view before the second batch made it to the site.

I was surprised to find the Rugged case included, I had heard they might be delayed and shipped later. Everything now charging prior to firmware updates.

Great stuff!

Can I ask what the empty slots/cutouts are for? What would usually go in these gaps?

Where did you purchase from?

These first two stills are edited from Raw with Saturation +2, Clarity +10, Dehaze +7, no further sharpening, exposure lightened a touch. (Free Lightroom in iPad Pro.). The last two are straight jpeg, the horizon shot is flattened and off color, I used DFOG almost maxed (dfog in the app’s camera settings).View attachment 7078View attachment 7079View attachment 7080View attachment 7081
Great update! Like the pictures too. Good to know there is a local pilot flying an evo 2 pro. I’m waiting for mine to ship next week from drone works.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller