Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Are all the problems fixed with the lastest FW?

Autelguy

Reaction score
I everyone. It's been a while since I checked in. Are all the problems with the Autel 100% addressed and fixed with their latest firmware update?

I also have tilted horizon. I do a plus 1.6 to correct it. Going to do another Gimbal cal. About the thirtyeth time.

Reactions: mixchief
Yeah me too, Autel actually asked me to send the aircraft in, they should have it delivered today. Mine was deviated by +1.4

So in the beta FW the tilted horizon issue is fixed, but not in the official release?
Not sure. I never used the beta firmware. My tilted horizon issues seemed to have been resolved with an earlier firmware update. When I updated this last time my horizon is tilted again.

My tilted horizon is fixed in both latest beta and latest official firmware. I did have to recalibrate the gimbal which took a supringly long time. And I made sure the Evo was level when I recalibrated it.

Everything is good for me as well on the latest firmware.

I've never experienced the tilted horizon issue. When I got my Evo, it was in mid-September and it came with the 1.2.3 firmware preinstalled.

I everyone. It's been a while since I checked in. Are all the problems with the Autel 100% addressed and fixed with their latest firmware update?
For me, it is all good now with the latest FW. No complaints.

All good after the update to the drone and a gimbal calibration. Also updated the Explorer app . I really like the look of the camera when dialed in properly. The new precision mode is a bit silly though. Max speed 11 mph. lol

Reactions: YuKay
All good after the update to the drone and a gimbal calibration. Also updated the Explorer app . I really like the look of the camera when dialed in properly. The new precision mode is a bit silly though. Max speed 11 mph. lol
That's good to hear. I would be grateful for a crib sheet, ie your template for "dialed in".

Other than the horizon tilt, did the jittery video and keeping the object in the center of the frame get resolved when performing Obits?

I did not have horizon issues whn I first got it with the original firmware, it actually developed a little tilt with first update and totally went to hell with the latest

That's good to hear. I would be grateful for a crib sheet, ie your template for "dialed in".
@YuKay Ok here you go straight across your choices at the bottom of the app....Video type NTSC (unless you are in Europe then it would be PAL) MP4 - 60fps - M (for manual) - ISO 100 - shutter 640 to 800 depending on the look you like (bright daylight) WB 5300 Kelvin (bright daylight) ( you will find this when you press the WB icon) - color None ( if you can do color grading in post production then perhaps LOG) Style- Standard. You will have to make adjustments according to your lighting regarding Kelvin and shutter speed. Here is a Kelvin scale chart to help with making adjustments. I don't like to use ND filters (but sometimes do) on any of my cameras but others do. The "double shutter speed to frame rate" is only if you choose to use ND filters to close the aperture by various f stops. ND 8, 16, 32 etc. I hope this helps! kelvin-wb2.jpg

@YuKay Ok here you go straight across your choices at the bottom of the app....Video type NTSC (unless you are in Europe then it would be PAL) MP4 - 60fps - M (for manual) - ISO 100 - shutter 640 to 800 depending on the look you like (bright daylight) WB 5300 Kelvin (bright daylight) ( you will find this when you press the WB icon) - color None ( if you can do color grading in post production then perhaps LOG) Style- Standard. You will have to make adjustments according to your lighting regarding Kelvin and shutter speed. Here is a Kelvin scale chart to help with making adjustments. I don't like to use ND filters (but sometimes do) on any of my cameras but others do. The "double shutter speed to frame rate" is only if you choose to use ND filters to close the aperture by various f stops. ND 8, 16, 32 etc. I hope this helps! View attachment 2879
Thank you, Jim. EXP settings for yaw and pitch?

Thank you, Jim. EXP settings for yaw and pitch?
@YuKay The EXP under Gimbal is for the speed you want your gimbal to tilt up and down. The EXP under advanced settings is "supposed" to represent the output sensitivity of the command sticks which would be yaw etc. I set mine to 0.20 which should be a smooth as you can make it. The new firmware helped a bit but I'm hoping Autel smooths out the yaw even further. My other drones have larger sticks and you can adjust the yaw sensitivity as well so turns are not so quick. The EVO controller has very small sticks which makes even slight movement more amplified. I have spoken with their techs and I stayed with the beta program so they could receive feedback from my flights. I really like this drone and believe it will evolve even further as more users give Autel feedback.

Well, received notice today that my bird is on it's way back, billed $30 for half hour service covered under warranty, all it needed according to Autel was a gimbal calibration, which seems odd as I did a couple of calibrations after the issue appeared. Fingers crossed I have no issues and the bird is perfect when I get it back. That said, they had the bird in their position for only a few hours (just 30 minutes on the bench) and shipped it right back, I would say that deserves some kudos considering the "other" manufacturer can get the bird lost for weeks at a time and end up returning some other bird. OOOPS maybe I'll quit while I'm ahead, I still don't know if I'm getting my bird or some refurb, FINGERS CROSSED. Tell you one thing, that they looked at it the day after receiving it not only tells me they have a well oiled machine, but also that they have very few returns and repair items which makes me warm and fuzzy.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xander0791