Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

App disconnects

Wrsdas

Reaction score
I think most of us have run into app disconnect issues once in a while. Sunday I ran into a persistent weird app disconnect but was able to fix it after a bit.

I purchased a new battery and updated it on Saturday and went flying Sunday. Decided to do a compass calibration, you know, start spin, flip and spin again. Every time I pointed camera down the app would disconnect. Tried several times, getting frustrated I went flying anyway, flight went ok but on landing app disconnected. Strange! Motors would start but no information from drone, no satellites, nothing to the controller but drone would fly.

Ended up reseating camera mount "which I've done before after cleaning contacts with alcohol wipes".
Wouldn't you know it, no more app disconnects even after several more flights and battery changes.
Has anyone run into this?

Reactions: KentA
That's very interesting...good piece of info. When I get mine back I will try that if I have any issues with disconnects.

Reactions: Wrsdas
Use to get it a lot. Took the camera off and then back on. Been working good so far.

Reactions: Wrsdas
I think most of us have run into app disconnect issues once in a while. Sunday I ran into a persistent weird app disconnect but was able to fix it after a bit.

I purchased a new battery and updated it on Saturday and went flying Sunday. Decided to do a compass calibration, you know, start spin, flip and spin again. Every time I pointed camera down the app would disconnect. Tried several times, getting frustrated I went flying anyway, flight went ok but on landing app disconnected. Strange! Motors would start but no information from drone, no satellites, nothing to the controller but drone would fly.

Ended up reseating camera mount "which I've done before after cleaning contacts with alcohol wipes".
Wouldn't you know it, no more app disconnects even after several more flights and battery changes.
Has anyone run into this?
Most recently, the app disconnects became worse to the point of making my primary XSP inoperable. Contacting CS, they suggested formatting the SD card (outside of the XSP) and cleaning the gimble connections with a soft rubber eraser. After using the eraser, I wiped the contacts with an alcohol wipe.

Several flights later, it still functions flawlessly.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Most recently, the app disconnects became worse to the point of making my primary XSP inoperable. Contacting CS, they suggested formatting the SD card (outside of the XSP) and cleaning the gimble connections with a soft rubber eraser. After using the eraser, I wiped the contacts with an alcohol wipe.

Several flights later, it still functions flawlessly.

I totally agree with cleaning the gimbal connections, I had disconnects out of the blue at the start of winter. Looked at the connections and they looked fine but when I used a contact cleaner the q-tip I used to clean them with was black from the dirt. So far its been over 2 months and it is still good.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GLOBODRONE