Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Anyone using an M1 iPad Pro 12.9?

SARty

Reaction score
As part of my ongoing look into device options, I'm curious if anyone here is using an M1 iPad Pro 12.9? I'm asking about this model specifically because of its higher screen brightness (somewhere between 600-1600 nits).

Looking for comparisons to other known devices (Autel or DJI smart controllers, CrystalSky High/Ultra, Tripltek), how well Explorer is running on it, and any other thoughts you might have on it. Also wondering if Explorer can run in the 1000-1600 nit range.

This will be for use in Public Safety.

Thnx.

I just found this tidbit: "On the M1 iPad Pro, full-screen brightness can reach 1,000 nits, while peak brightness levels can reach 1,600 nits if 40 percent of the display lights up and the rest is just black or running at 600 nits."

My understanding is that the iPad Pro with the MiniLED only has brightness over 600 Nits when viewing HDR+ media.
Samsung also makes premium tablets with screens that are by most accounts every bit as good as the best Apple screens. Take a look at the Galaxy Tab S6 (not the "Lite" version, but the Super AMOLED)., arguably the best value proposition right now in a big bright tablet for drone flying. I just got one for $319 used, but so minty it could be new. WiFi model, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, fresh install of Android 11. It even has a MicroSD slot that plays back 4K 60fps videos from my AE2 Pro.

Last edited:
OTOH the M1 iPad Pro can run Affinity Photo, and will even color-grade 4K videos. (For about the same money as a laptop that will do those things, but the laptop will be much faster and better).

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials